Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 11:40   #1
Roy
Administrator

Arrow Accrington Business Directory

Hi everybody,
With accyweb becoming more and more popular, the costs for running it also grow. I have been planning to move away from relying solely on the generous donations of members and have decided to offer a Business Directory for any company large or small that serves our Community.

The idea is a two way street, for a small yearly fee the Companies get to take advantage of the monthly average of 100,000 visitors* that come for a look around, and we in turn can gain a little extra publicity for the site because when they sign up with us they will be given an Accrington Business sticker to display in a prominent position on their premises or in the case of, for example a painter & decorator working from home, in their works vehicle, this should encourage even more people to become interested in our site.

It would help if you know someone who will want to take advantage of this scheme, please show them this page, when they get in touch with me I will explain in greater detail how it works and the many advantages that this will have. When the Accrington Business Pages are finally added Companies will be able to enquire and sign up directly from those pages.

Also if there are any of you that would like an AccringtonWeb sticker for your car, or maybe the back of your laptop? Let me know, they aren't going to cost an arm and a leg for accyweb members.

* March 1 2010 – March 31 2010 - AccringtonWeb.com Statistics as provided by Google Analytics:
137,126 Visits
103,287 Absolute Unique Visitors
509,965 Pageviews

Please PM me for further details or send an email to [email protected]

Thanks.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-04-2010, 11:47   #2
God Member

Re: Accrington Business Directory

Presumably this will be a new site. What you going to call it?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 09:37   #3
Roy
Administrator

This will not be a new site, but rather an addition to the AccringtonWeb site itself. We are hoping to get final touches done in the next couple of days for a launch at the end of the week.
Old 20-04-2010, 10:25   #4
Roy
Administrator

OK, I'd love to blame the volcanos for the delay but I can't... It's taking longer than expected to integrate the system into the site (my lack of html and css skills is to blame)..
Old 18-05-2010, 08:28   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I'm helping Roy, set up these business pages, (no I'm not the reason it's taking so long),
I would like to use some piccies from the gallery to give the categories a local feel.

So, if you do or you don't object to me using anything you have put up there please let me know.

Anyone that, has a picture used will get an accyweb sticker free. to place wherever you wish!

Please boys & girls keep it legal we don't want to be done for littering.

P.S. These Stickers are available for purchase, so even if you don't want your pictures used you can show your support for accyweb, At the moment £1 plus P&P about 60p in U.K.

Last edited by Less; 18-05-2010 at 08:30.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2010, 09:59   #6

Below is a pic' of the sticker, as you can see it's a red one, if however some of you are traditionalists and still use accywebs blue skin, we could get them in that colour as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AccyWeb.com.jpg (230.6 KB, 20 views)
Old 28-05-2010, 11:06   #7

Below are the rates with their features that will be applying to the business Directory.

I know several members have shown an interest, If you could email me with your choice, I will get in touch for details needed to set up your account.

If you haven't seen a suitable category for your business in the list I put on earlier, do let me know it can soon be added.

[email protected]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Membership Pricing.JPG (38.1 KB, 201 views)
Old 28-05-2010, 17:39   #8
God Member

Can you explain the categories - by 2 for the premium multiple category - does that mean two different adverts? How will the ads work or look, can you give examples?

If I'm being a bit dense, sorry, just don't quite understand what we'd get and what it would look like.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 19:15   #9
God Member

wheres the flippin list?? buried in the archives?
Old 28-05-2010, 19:31   #10
God Member

Found it!! think it should be merged with this one though.
Old 28-05-2010, 19:50   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Can you explain the categories - by 2 for the premium multiple category - does that mean two different adverts? How will the ads work or look, can you give examples?

If I'm being a bit dense, sorry, just don't quite understand what we'd get and what it would look like.
No Gayle your not being dense, I was planning to drip feed it all very slowly so that you can keep up.

2 categories, well if say you ran a chipshop/restaurant instead of paying two times to go into both categories you go into both for just an extra tenner.

So far as what it looks like, I have plans to put a few screen shots up over the next few days, that will show the difference between free & premium, but obviously I can't show you everything until it's running, now please settle down girl, be patient it's a business site not an ipad that is up for grabs.
Old 28-05-2010, 22:26   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No Gayle your not being dense, I was planning to drip feed it all very slowly so that you can keep up.

2 categories, well if say you ran a chipshop/restaurant instead of paying two times to go into both categories you go into both for just an extra tenner.

So far as what it looks like, I have plans to put a few screen shots up over the next few days, that will show the difference between free & premium, but obviously I can't show you everything until it's running, now please settle down girl, be patient it's a business site not an ipad that is up for grabs.
Just doing a public service and asking the questions that everyone else wants to know but don't want to look dumb by asking.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2010, 00:13   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Just doing a public service and asking the questions that everyone else wants to know but don't want to look dumb by asking.
No need to worry Gayle, You have never looked dumb to me, (though some of your posts?)
I could write a very long and boring tale, (before you all in unison shout, "yes we know"), of how many let downs Roy's had over this particular venture.

However, you and quite a few more keep coming back, without being voted in he is responsible for accyweb, it cost's more and more each year, and as grand as it looks with members having a, 'I've donated to accyweb type badge', as much as it was appreciated at the time, they still wear the badge, but even though bills come in the donations never cover them and often are never repeated.

So,
This thread's starter was:-
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/805705-post1.html

Rather than push for donations, a different Tack.

He is away, he can't keep control of the guy paid to sort the front end who promised nearly 3 months ago it would be ready in 10 days, still waiting.

All I'm supposed to do is input data, wrong.

But,

When it's sorted hopefully with it's members help the business site will be as trustworthy as accyweb itself, there, is that what you wanted to hear? If so, can I get back to trying to do my bit?

I can understand concern, is this going to be fair for the members/Tradespeople? Well, accyweb isn't likely to change either it's name or location, so it had better be!

Quote:
I could write a very long and boring tale, (before you all in unison shout, "yes we know"), of how many let downs Roy's had over this particular venture.
See, told you I could write a boring speech.

Last edited by Less; 29-05-2010 at 00:16.
Old 29-05-2010, 18:29   #14
God Member

Count me in for the directory please, in 2 categories, I am probably gonna talk myself out of some more dosh now, If you look at yellow pages, they made their money by 'inventing' more categories, eg, Plumbers used to cover the whole plumbing spectrum, so they added gas fitters/installers, bathrooms, central heating, boiler repairs etc etc, so instead of one category, I used to have to advertise in around 6, which cost six times as much, fortunately we dont have to advertise these days, so yellow pages and yell.com dont get any money off us. Apologies to other business users if I just moved your budget
Old 12-10-2010, 16:43   #15
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Hi everybody,
With accyweb becoming more and more popular, the costs for running it also grow. I have been planning to move away from relying solely on the generous donations of members and have decided to offer a Business Directory for any company large or small that serves our Community.

The idea is a two way street, for a small yearly fee the Companies get to take advantage of the monthly average of 100,000 visitors* that come for a look around, and we in turn can gain a little extra publicity for the site because when they sign up with us they will be given an Accrington Business sticker to display in a prominent position on their premises or in the case of, for example a painter & decorator working from home, in their works vehicle, this should encourage even more people to become interested in our site.

It would help if you know someone who will want to take advantage of this scheme, please show them this page, when they get in touch with me I will explain in greater detail how it works and the many advantages that this will have. When the Accrington Business Pages are finally added Companies will be able to enquire and sign up directly from those pages.

Also if there are any of you that would like an AccringtonWeb sticker for your car, or maybe the back of your laptop? Let me know, they aren't going to cost an arm and a leg for accyweb members.

* March 1 2010 – March 31 2010 - AccringtonWeb.com Statistics as provided by Google Analytics:
137,126 Visits
103,287 Absolute Unique Visitors
509,965 Pageviews

Please PM me for further details or send an email to [email protected]

Thanks.
well done I agree let people advertise and pay a little
abara
abara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
business directory

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..