Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2003, 18:31   #1
Roy
Administrator

Post Accrington Web Directory

Accrington Web Directory

I'm pleased to announce a new section on the site, totally seperate to the forum - The Accrington Web Directory.  Hopefully this could become the Yahoo of Hyndburn!  ;D ;D   It's just a searchable directory of web pages in the Hyndburn Area organised into categories. Like on the forum each website can be rated and comments left.  It's new so hasn't got much in so please feel free to add any websites you can think of from the Hyndburn area.... Any suggestions for extra categories or anything are quite welcome!  
Thanks to cazzer and mick for testing and agreeing to moderate the links as they are added.

Accrington Web Directory

Advanced technology(hehe) means that adding websites is very simple and if 'meta tags' (descriptions) are already on the site then they don't need re-typing!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-10-2003, 09:10   #2
I am Banned

Post Re: Accrington Web Directory

Roy.. I can comment and review the links.. I tried to add a link but it wanted a password?  Also nowhere to report broken links..

otherwise good system
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 09:57   #3
Roy
Administrator

It asks you for a password so that you can modify your link at a later date....

Good point about the broken links, will sort something tonight!
Old 01-10-2003, 10:12   #4
I am Banned

I presumed (quite rightly i think) that it was asking for a password that I should already have... I take it you mean i could make one up... is that wise.. anyone could add a perfectly normal link.. get it passed.. and then armed with a password could then change to soemthing disgusting..

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 10:23   #5
Roy
Administrator

no modifying, no passwords and a report button next to each link to report broken link or not as described. just need to work on the layout a bit now!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..