Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2004, 05:08   #1
Roy
Administrator

Post AccringtonWeb Upgrade

Well... happy new year to everyone and I hope you all had a good one!  The new year is here and Phase 2 of the AccringtonWeb refurb will be happening very soon. The forum software will be completely upgraded to something different. It is an extremely big job and problems will almost certainly crop up. Hopefully all your usernames and all topics will be imported into the new software. Features such as membermap and games will not be imported straight away but will still be available through the old software which will remain up until the new version is working correctly. So if you encounter any problems in the next week or so you know why. The new software is very good and should be much faster than this. It is different, so will take some getting used to, and I'm sure there will be people who aren't totally happy with it... but, to move on and expand more then I am afraid this is the only way.  
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2004, 01:52   #2
Roy
Administrator

Post Re: AccringtonWeb Upgrade

Sometime in the next couple of days the forum will be disabled. It will probably go down around 11am(UK Time) Saturday. It may be down for over 24hours. Please keep checking back as when it comes back it shall be the all new accringtonweb forums....
Old 03-01-2004, 16:17   #3
Senior Member+

Site is looking good roy.
Old 03-01-2004, 19:25   #4
Senior Member+

Roy good un but no sooner do i get used to using this website to the full and you go and change it round.Talk about keeping an old man on the go
Old 05-01-2004, 05:53   #5
Administrator

hehe mik! should be sticking with this software for the rest of accringtonwebs life now. sorry about the change :-)
Roy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 07:07   #6
Roy
Administrator

Time for Roy1 to dissapear, I'm back to Roy again now for good!
Old 05-01-2004, 10:49   #7
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy
Time for Roy1 to dissapear, I'm back to Roy again now for good!

Lookin good so far, glad you're back to just Roy. Might have to play on this for a while in order to get used to it, afraid I'm a bit dim when it comes to all this computer mullarkey.
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 12:36   #8
Junior Member+

Bring back the old format - quick! I'm totally baffled by this lot! I can't even sign in under my real penname.......can someone help me?
Shef.Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 14:56   #9
Roy
Administrator

hehe, you couldn't even do that under the old software!! all it takes is an email to me and I'll sort it.... so send me an email!!!
Old 13-02-2004, 01:15   #10

Well this site is looking very good indeed and also nice to use!

Excellent work Roy, can u fix mine now please??? Ha har!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..