Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 17:39   #1
Roy
Administrator

Arrow April was a record breaker....

I've just been browsing through the statistics for the site and it turns out that April has been our busiest month ever. AccyWeb delivered over 1,000,000 page views during the month of April with an average of 825 visits a day, and these stats do not include search engine spiders
Posting stats where actually down for the month of April - 12683 as opposed to 15455 in March. These are still great stats for a local messageboard like ours!

Thanks to you all for making AccyWeb such a success!

PS. My aim is for us to get into http://www.big-boards.com - to do that we need another 384,000 posts - so keep it up I can't find any other 'local' websites in big boards, so it would be great for us to make it!!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-05-2005, 17:56   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: April was a record breaker....

I'm sure that between us we'll do our best to make the big boards... Great stats by the way.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 18:01   #3
God Member

383,999 to go

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 16:46   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

That shouldn't take too long, I have been told by a few people I talk too much
Old 02-05-2005, 23:05   #5
God Member

thats great news roy, come on people lets smash our way onto the big boards list!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 23:07   #6
God Member

oh and neil, you keep going mate, chatter to your hearts content....

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 22:32   #7
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy
S. My aim is for us to get into http://www.big-boards.com - to do that we need another 384,000 posts - so keep it up I can't find any other 'local' websites in big boards, so it would be great for us to make it!!
I have visited www.big-boards.com and was surprised:

a) That there does not seem to be any "local issue" forums like ours represented and...

b) The majority seem to ban browsing without registering first! Is that an ego thing Roy? and if we make the grade, will you ban guests from viewing?
Old 07-05-2005, 22:44   #8
Resident Waffler

I can't understand boards which don't allow guests to read. It doesn't encourage me to join a board if I don't know what it's all about. If I have to join to read how do I know I want to be a member? (If you know what I mean)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 23:32   #9
Always EVIL within us

The majority of message boards seem to relate to special issues, ie: sex, religion, computers,etc ------dead boring.
Old 08-05-2005, 00:16   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
The majority of message boards seem to relate to special issues, ie: sex, religion, computers,etc ------dead boring.
Just take a look around Busman I think we have all those topics covered in this site!
However with the type of input we get from each other dead boring IT AIN'T!

P.S. if anybody wants me I'm just going to the calm room for a lie down, sometimes life takes it out of us right wing Nazis Racists. (With tendancies towards days of yore).

Last edited by Less; 08-05-2005 at 01:01.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 02:02   #11
Roy
Administrator

Quote:
b) The majority seem to ban browsing without registering first! Is that an ego thing Roy? and if we make the grade, will you ban guests from viewing?
No way! I'll never ban guests from viewing. Like willow says, how do you convince a guest to register if there is nothing to see. I also do not register at 'closed' sites.

It would be good though if we became the first town big-board in the world though wouldn't it?
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 23:41   #12
God Member

I think we may have to wait a bit longer to break any posting records roy with the stanley season being over there is hardly anyone posting on the stanley forum. I'm not suggesting the stanley forum is the be all and end all but during the season there is so many more posts/threads going through there

Old 18-06-2005, 23:55   #13
I am Banned

i think the govenment shoudl provide everyone with free booze

say aye if you agree

thats should get a few more posts lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2005, 00:16   #14
land of hope and glory

cheers chav mines a pint at the next meet.....lol
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2005, 01:29   #15
God Member

you have my vote a million times over for that one chav

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..