Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2004, 22:12   #1
Roy
Administrator

Thumbs up Hows about a virtual pet?

You can now own your very own virtual pet here on AccringtonWeb... This might work or it might not! You have to look after it by buying it various different items from the different shops(some of which I have yet to create), you earn money by posting to the forum and referring new users.. Also you can have Pet Battles with other users pets, should be fun. Anyway, if you want to join in then pop on over to the My Profile Page and click on Petz where you can create your own. There's only a dog available at the mo but more should come soon.

I'll post more details when it's fully finished..
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2004, 07:06   #2
Roy
Administrator

Re: Hows about a virtual pet?

Each member can raise one pet, which has variable Health, Strength, Defence, Agility, Hunger, Pleasure, Happiness, Level, and Experience. Each pet has its own image depending upon it's Level which increases when the experience reaches 100 (through battles). Items can be bought for the members pet from different item shops. Different shops for different pets/items. Items can be used (for feeding, playing with, making stronger, tougher, healthier, and to heal etc) through My Profile. Members will earn money for posting (optionally in forums where posting affects post count).. Money can be stored in a bank account to to gain interest every 24 hrs. Users with bank accounts can transfer money (via their bank account number) To maintain fairness and correct balance items are automatically given a cost (based upon their strength and effect).To create a pet do the following:
  • Go To Your My Profile (At The Top)
  • Scroll To The Bottom and Find Petz on the Left
  • Create a Pet
  • Check Out The Different Things You Can Do and Buy with the Drop Down Petz Menu on the Top
  • Post to Get More Money to Buy Upgrades for Your Pet
If anyone has any more questions then fire away...
Old 08-03-2004, 08:19   #3

Got to the stage of creating one and then realised I didn't know how to feed the poor thing.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:10   #4
Roy
Administrator

If it's hunger level is 0 then it doesn't need feeding. You have to use the Petz menu above to go to a shop and buy food and stuff for your pet. You earn money by posting in the forum.. Once you've beefed your pet up you can get involved in battles, but beware of GROWLER as he seems a bit hard....
Old 08-03-2004, 20:22   #5
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Flipin eck Roy, my virtual dog Tallulah, costs more than my real dog, and the cheap dog food doesn't go very far. I'm going to have to earn some more money so I can get the dear stuff before I inadvertantly kill the poor thing.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:32   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Roy, hows about a boarding kennel for 1 week, 2 weeks etc with different costs for different durations. Your pet will come out in the same state it went in. Just to cover for people who are going on holiday, have no internet access at weekends etc. What do you think?
Old 09-03-2004, 12:30   #7
God Member

Go for it Roy. But nowt comes free - charge 'em a hundred quid a week kenneling fees. Oh, by the way, I'm an excellent vet & I charge a very reasonable 200 quid per consultation.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:59   #8
Roy
Administrator

nice idea lettie!! but it will definately be at a price!!
Old 09-03-2004, 14:24   #9
Filthy / Gorgeous

I'd better start saving up then, as I am hoping for a week away this summer and will need to have Tallulah looked after.
Old 09-03-2004, 20:10   #10
Filthy / Gorgeous

Roy, I had some IM's tonight to say that your pet has played with my pet and increased the pleasure percentage. How does thiis happen? Can we opt to play with somebody's pet or is it an automatic thingy? Or am I just simple??
Old 09-03-2004, 20:33   #11

Can your pet only fight when your online? It also seems that i cant shop or feed my pet when its in battle, he must be starving he has been in the arena since last night!!!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
Old 10-03-2004, 04:49   #12
Roy
Administrator

yes, because it relies on tactics then you must be online to take your turn.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:44   #13
Roy
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Roy, I had some IM's tonight to say that your pet has played with my pet and increased the pleasure percentage. How does thiis happen? Can we opt to play with somebody's pet or is it an automatic thingy? Or am I just simple??
You can opt to do it... next to a users post appears his/her pet, just click on it and you will see the stats for the pet and you can play with it or if your a bit evil you can taunt it!
Old 11-03-2004, 13:52   #14
God Member

But be careful you don't taunt to much..because otherwise you get sinbinned for 24 hours and can't taunt...as I've just found out to my cost
Old 11-03-2004, 14:33   #15
Filthy / Gorgeous

You rotten sod Tealeaf, you've taunted my dog so much she now has no pleasure left. Can somebody play with her please?

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..