Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2003, 16:51   #1
Roy
Administrator

Post Keeping things on-topic!

It would be nice if we keep things on topic in serious topics. Posts with just smilies or "in" jokes are a tad boring for most of our users.  You have the Anything Goes section to play with and there is always a Start New Topic button on each topic page if you have a sudden urge to change subject....

Cheers all!  Sorry to be a killjoy but I want this website to be slightly serious as well as fun.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2003, 16:53   #2

Post Re: Keeping things on-topic!

sorry roy  no problem
happyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2003, 16:53   #3
Resting in Peace

sorry roy
;D
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2003, 18:50   #4
Senior Member+

understand
Old 28-09-2003, 19:07   #5
Accy Goddess

Will try to be good.  ;D
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2003, 19:09   #6
Caz
God Member

Did try to tell em!  ;D
[smiley=up2something.gif]

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2003, 19:16   #7
Junior Member+

ITS OK  I WILL KEEP HIM UNDER CONTROLE
Old 28-09-2003, 19:21   #8
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I promise to be good from now on.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2003, 00:17   #9
Accy Goddess

Cazzer just has bad. They just keep trying to suck me in to there bad ways.
Honest Roy............. ;D ;D
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2003, 07:19   #10

will do roy  ;D
tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2003, 07:02   #11
I am Banned

Well that didnt work did it Roy.. Sorry but its the same 4 or 5 people chatting away amongst themselves in every thread. Theres no serious posts anymore.

I hope my comments arn't taken the wrong way...I hate chatrooms but am starting to think one might be a good idea... I really like the people who are doing the chatting and would love to meet them all one day...

But the messageboard has turned into one big chatroom and when someone does try to start a decent thread it gets hijacked and the chat starts again.

I am not complaining and I really do hope this isnt taken the wrong way... I dont want serious all the time.. But currently its plain daft.

Just my thoughts Maybe its just me being tetchy.. it being bath night and all
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 06:58   #12

Well-well-well-- it`s 24 hours since I read Harry`s message and I deliberately waited to see the response from our small band of Smiley Fanatics. But not a peep. If you are not complaining well I am.
However, as no one else has seen fit to respond I can only assume that that type of posting is acceptable to the majority. Guess the best thing for me to do is to say Cheerio and Good Luck to the Forum in the future. This weeks Photo Quiz was, as many knew, the closed Woodnook Inn at the corner of Marsden St & Carter St.
Byeeeeeee
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 07:20   #13

every one said sorry bert and  we are keeping the   itm to anything goes  now all other threads  will  not be highjacked well not from me anyway and i am sure not from any one eles  love your pic page  dont wanna loose that one
Old 01-10-2003, 08:36   #14
I am Banned

Majority rules and I didnt follow it up presuming I was in the minority.

Maybe the problem seems more prominant for me as a regular user of the last 10,20,50 posts... I havent the will to go through every thread on the messageboard looking for somehting interesting.. So first thing in the morning I go to last 50 messages.. most morning all 50 consist of tittle tattle that really belongs in a chatroom. its usualy of no interest to anyone bar the two or three people talking. its never a serious discussion , just silly amblings.

Last 50 posts being full of the above emans I miss threads started 60 messages ago during the night.

I have a constructive suggestion Roy!
Setup a cron job so the chatroom is only available between say 10pm and 1am every night.. three hours where they can get it out of there system.. Also maybe drop the top five posters thing as I sometimes get the impression people are just trying to get there message count up..

Sorry to be a party pooper but as Roy himself pointed out. this is not what the messageboard is supposed to be about.  I hope these comments dont put anyone off posting and I am not blaming anyone.  I really do like everyone who posts and don't want to fall out... But the messageboard is going downhill and seems to belong to 5 people... new people arrive but where are the serious conversations for them to join in with?

Remember how it used to be?

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 10:37   #15

ok no problem harry     take me off i couldnt care a monkeys   u need to stop moaning and enjoy yaself more  internet for fun  geez guy   take the rod from your back and loosen up   never be here again have fun

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..