Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2004, 17:03   #1
Roy
Administrator

Mobile Browsing....

I finally got my internet connection sorted out in Germany! What a palava....

Anyway, whilst without connection I connected a few times using my mobile phone.. This drove me mad because of the speed and the format of the pages obviously aren't designed for little phone screens. I decided my first job when I get back on the net was to make accringtonweb more mobile phone friendly.. So now if you want to browse from your phone then point it to http://mobile.accringtonweb.com or select 'mobile' from the little drop down box in the bottom left hand corner of every page!

It's good to be back...
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-11-2004, 18:44   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Mobile Browsing....

Welcome back Roy

Is AccyWeb PDA friendly? I've got an XDA but never use the thing.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2004, 18:55   #3
Roy
Administrator

It certainly is now! http://mobile.accringtonweb.com will work equally as well with a PDA. It is basically just a graphicless cut down text version of the site with limited features, however you can still post/pm/login/out....
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2004, 19:00   #4

is the internet slow on all phones im on a siemens mc60 at mo on o2 and it takes forever borrowed a mates motorola v600 while ive been waiting for my replacement one and that seemed quicker online
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2004, 19:01   #5

u still using that girlie phone roy heheehe thats from HAPPYONE not me roy i wouldnt say nothing about ya little phone
LYNX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2004, 20:39   #6

all mobiles are slow online imafraid especially when using wap

the standard WAP data rate is very slow somewhere betweek 2 and 5k second depending on your connection maximum is around 9k i think which is about the same speed as your fax machine if you have one

GPRS will offer you up to 118kbps (isdn speed)

and if you can afford it G3 mobiles will let you get much higher speeds however it is costly and not as avilable as they make it out to be.
Old 17-11-2004, 20:59   #7
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

It's good to have you back Roy.. We've missed you. Haven't got an internet or photo mobile, it's taken me over 12 months to work out the bog standard one that I have. Anything more complicated would put me in an asylum..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2004, 21:09   #8

hmmm i seem to remember you have the same phone as me lettie.
if i'm right you certainly can browse the web.

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2004, 21:23   #9
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Bloody hell.... I thought I'd sussed this damn phone It took me months to work out predictive text. I don't think I'll bother trying to work out internet, it'll drive me round the bend.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2004, 05:09   #10
I am Band

Thumbs up Re: Mobile Browsing....

Welcome back on-line, Royski.

Big-up-respect for sorting my e-mail problem.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004, 22:15   #11
Senior Member+

Roy welcome back

This mobile accyweb sounds cool... Tried it on my 3 mobile which is 3G and I entered the url as you showed but it just says "communication host not found"??

Is it just that it does not work on 3G?? or has anyone had success on there phones??
simon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..