Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2003, 17:35   #1
Roy
Administrator

Post New rules / forum guidelines!

Following the recent problems we have encountered on the forum, I decided that it was time to set out a few rules of Accy Web etiquette.

We want to make the forum interesting, entertaining, informative & fun.

Saying that, we need to keep some semblance of order on here, with everything in its appropriate place.

This is a general forum, representing the Accrington area. As such, we need to keep it as friendly & inviting as possible, and for it to be a good representation of the people who live here.

[hr]
1: Interesting, informative & serious topics to be put in appropriate sections, where ever the poster sees fit.

2: All jokes & funny or silly topics to be kept to the Anything Goes section.

3: Serious threads to be kept that way, with the risk of any silly comments added being deleted.

4: Anything Goes section to be removed from the top 50/20/10 posts & threads lists. Anyone who wants to find these topics can do so. This leaves the said lists for informative and important topics, so they can be easily accessed.

5: No “adult” jokes or unsuitable links to be left anywhere on the forum. These will be deleted.

6: No unnecessary swear words. What is considered a swear word can be a matter of personal opinion, but they risk deletion on being reported.

7: As stated, there will be no “Top 5 Posters” list.
It has been pointed out that in some cases there is the possibility that people appear to be making postings just to raise their scores.

8: No personal names, addresses & phone numbers to be left on the forum, unless with consent of the person concerned.

9: Please try to avoid using too many posts containing just smilies, as these can become irritating after a while, especially if there are several one after the other.

10: Please think when you post. Make sure what you write would be acceptable to forum members as a whole, and is not offensive. Reported posts will be deleted.

11: If users need to have a private or semi private conversation then please take advantage of the chatroom rather than clogging up the messageboard.

12: All posts on the forum to be made in English. If you wish to communicate in a foreign language, please do so on the IM.

13: Introduction threads to be kept as such, with only welcome and thankyou posts.

All this said please enjoy your time on the forum, and feel free to offer any suggestions on how to improve it.

Please report anything you think is not in the appropriate place, or which you think should be edited or deleted.

[hr]

On a lighter note you can now access this website on:

www.accyweb.com

Shorter and sounds better in my opinion!  
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-03-2005, 14:22   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: New rules / forum guidelines!

Please read the above thankyou
i brought this up so the new members know them

Last edited by Mick; 05-03-2005 at 14:29.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 00:59   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Please read the above thankyou
i brought this up so the new members know them
Thanks, Mick, I hope other members will appreciate, as I do.

Being a frequent reader, seldom poster, I can understand why you felt this necessary.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 13:42   #4
white rabbits

Thumbs up Re: New rules / forum guidelines!

point taken mick ,,thanks
Old 11-03-2005, 17:51   #5

good rules them lets just hope people stop the swering as kids go on here as well
paulthepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 19:14   #6
Wez

Ahh, yeah, Got it, erm, I'll have to report myself though, I just posted something in the Buy/Sell/Swap section that shouldn't really be there...

so yeah, sorry about that mate.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..