Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2004, 13:22   #1
Roy
Administrator

Arrow Thieving Barstewards......

Well my house got broken into last night and many things taken including my laptop with all the source code for accringtonweb and my other websites. Fortunately all important data and current site info is all stored securely on the server, so passwords changed and everything is secure again. Nobody's email details or anything else where stored on my computer. However, I have still lost a lot of source code to many parts of accringtonweb that where still in development and software for my job and lots of other things including all the photo's of my daughter Nina from birth through to her first christmas...

So if everyone can keep there eyes and ears open for the following things:

NEC Versa 720 laptop. Not available in the UK or europe, purchased in Hong Kong. Black and silver in colour with a crack on the screen casing and a euro plug supplying a power supply that has been bodged by me! 15" glass screen - can be viewed from all angles and is absolutely superb, not like a normal laptop.

Fuji S602Zoom digital camera + telephoto and wide angle lense in a green camera case. With sony 2500mah AA batterys and charger.

My girly red siemens sl55 mobile telephone. (see other threads in anything goes... )

If anyone sees or hears of anything for sale like this then please contact me or the local police.

This is what I get for coming to spend christmas in this area.. Me thinks Hyndburn is definately not going to be my home for much longer.

Last edited by Roy; 02-01-2005 at 09:08.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-12-2004, 13:35   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Thieving Bastards......

Ho sorry to hear this Roy will keep a look out
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 13:39   #3
I am Banned

Very sorry to hear whats happened Roy, absolutely disgraceful that nothing is safe anymore, this town like many other are getting worse these days - no proper deterants. I hope u manage to recover your stuff or least some of it specially the one that matter in priceless value. Will keep my eyes open n anything suspicious i will report.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 14:23   #4
Senior Member+

Sorry to hear what as happened roy, will keep my eyes and ears open.
Old 28-12-2004, 16:05   #5

I'm sorry to hear this roy, it really makes me sick that somone can walk into a decent hard working persons house, probably a junky after the next fix or something and take what they like. Sometimes i wonder if there is a god with the recent death toll to innocent people, it always seems to be the rong people who are taken away.

This country's law is crap, it dosn't detare any crime. In other country's they chop their hands off
bobthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 16:56   #6
mez
God Member

for gods sake is nothing safe anymore the thieving bar stewards , id like to get hold of them &u ring their bl***y necks for um , LAW WOT LAW?
Old 28-12-2004, 17:05   #7
I am Band

Angry Re: Thieving Bastards......

Sorry to hear of your loss, Royski.

What response did you get from the Dibble? I'll bet all that they offered you was a crime report number, before returning to kick a few more car tyres.
The likelihood is that the electronics will probably get fenced off in one of the local pubs.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 28-12-2004 at 17:28. Reason: Inability to spell correctly!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 17:19   #8
Junior Member+

Does this mean your phone number is no longer available (09 on the end) ?
hanchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 17:29   #9
God Member

Sorry to hear your loss mate, Surely everything was backed up? Us IT Pros follow all our own advice don't we?

<fx: Ian scurrys into other room for a DVDR praying no one nicks his laptop in the next 5 minutes>

Still, it means a nice new laptop on its way, Any idea what tickles your fancy?
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 17:43   #10
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

It makes me sick to think that your stuff will probably be sold to get enough money for 2 £10 bags of heroin and a £5 rock of crack.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 17:48   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Still, it means a nice new laptop on its way, Any idea what tickles your fancy?
I would guess one with all the pics and memories of his family and work for the last 12 months!!!!!

Bah Hum Bug.... I hate thieving!! You would think that when you're in your own home, you're possesions would be safe. SCUM OF THE EARTH is the only way to describe drop outs that would do such a thing!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 17:52   #12
Member.

Sorry to hear about this Roy. I think the worse thing must be loosing photos of someone so special that aren’t always recoverable once you start depending on your computer for storage. I’m hoping they where backed up or on a photo CD. Is their no chance of your network tracing these bastards through your phone, I believe they can track a phone as apposed to a sim card. I hope things work out Roy, good luck.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 17:58   #13

Sorry to hear that Roy, people like that need stringing up. Hope all gets sorted out soon.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 19:01   #14
Beacon of light

Sorry to hear that you got stung by the sticky fingers......especially about the pics of the little one. Hope the plods catch the thieving git. And hope you get it all sorted soon.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 19:29   #15
Resident Waffler

I suppose the worst part is losing the photographs. I hope they catch the theives and that you get your things back but realistically they are probably long gone by now.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..