Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2004, 06:13   #1
Roy
Administrator

Welcome to the Accrington Stanley people!

Some of you may have noticed we changed the link to the Accrington Stanley message board into it's own forum. The reason is that the official messageboard over at www.accringtonstanley.co.uk has been closed down. As of today the official site now links to our forum as an unofficial Fans Forum for Accrington Stanley. So there you go, in case you where wondering where everyone was coming from!!
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2004, 09:05   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Welcome to the Accrington Stanley people!

Welcome to the accystanley fan base. The more the merrier.
Old 19-03-2004, 09:14   #3
Senior Member+

Thanks for the welcome Janet,you will have to pop along to the sub-forum and meet us all,we are a friendly bunch on the whole;and the banter is usually light-hearted!
Old 19-03-2004, 09:42   #4

History lesson please..... I can work out where Accrington comes from but who the heck is Stanley!
Old 19-03-2004, 09:54   #5
Senior Member+

It is Accrington Stanley football club, Aussie. There message board has just closed down so the fans have joined us.
Old 19-03-2004, 09:58   #6
God Member

It was like a pitch invaision on here yesterday evening.....
Old 19-03-2004, 10:20   #7

Hi Janet, yeah I understand that it is a football club, my cousin goes on about it everytime he emails me... but... where does Stanley come into the name... who was he... or what is Stanley.. is it a place? From what I understand it goes back a 100 years or so but can't find out what or who is Stanley...

Last edited by Aussie Gobbiner; 19-03-2004 at 10:43. Reason: wrong name
Old 19-03-2004, 11:26   #8

Thanks all for letting us on your site. You are VERY NICE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! Come join in and have a bit of banter with the stanley crew.
Old 19-03-2004, 13:03   #9
God Member

The history of the name Accrington Stanley is in an article on the Accrington Stanley website
Old 19-03-2004, 16:12   #10
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

A big welcome to you all, feel free to chat with us about other topics too..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 19-03-2004, 23:13   #11
Senior Member+

Accrington Stanley message board on the official site

But ... why has it closed down?
Old 19-03-2004, 23:25   #12

when the 'Old Stanley' resigned from the Football League it was feared that the name had died forever

I had to do a google and voila... i found the answer...

The club took the name Stanley because most of the boys who played in its early days lived in the Stanley Street area of the town
Old 19-03-2004, 23:51   #13
God Member

Thats rubbish

Again... the answer is in an article on the official accrington stanley website.. why google just to find rubbish when you can get it from the horses mouth so to speak.
Old 20-03-2004, 02:01   #14

Hi Kipax, visited that website and found diddly squat as to the original name of Stanley.... and being from afar and not knowing the history of this club I asked a simple question on this forum to which I thought the followers of Accrington Stanley would be able to answer, I'm sorry that you can't take the time to generate discussion on the history of the name of the club but would rather redirect to other websites so I'm sticking with the answer that I found on Google...
Old 20-03-2004, 08:42   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Gobbiner
I'm sorry that you can't take the time to generate discussion on the history of the name of the club but would rather redirect to other websites
Excuse me but I did take the time and pointed you in the right direction. Thats taking the time to help you mate... Sorry I bothered ........By the way.. google and the wrong answer you found are "other websites" so nagh nagh to you! Also.... Pointing people to websites for information asked is the correct way to respond rather than repeat the info...

Take a chill pilll mate...Lighten up.... have a nice day... I was trying to help you..just because you couldn't find it doesn't make that any less true... SMILE

Last edited by KIPAX; 20-03-2004 at 08:48.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..