Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Moderators (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/moderators-43765.html)

Retlaw 08-11-2008 14:45

Moderators

Who or where are the modertors, especially when you need them.

Twice today I have been trying to edit a post, and some blooy idiot rung the door bell, then when i get back its shut down, your only allowed 5 mins. WHY, I am a member of the Western Front Forum, and I can edit posts any time and take as long as I like doing it.

All this medication I'm on now, means I'm not as fast as I used to be, and the keys keep moving round the keyboard, can't find the little sods when I need them.

Retlaw.

emamum 08-11-2008 14:51

Re: Moderators

i think it was because people were editing posts after people were replying to them and it was getting annoying so it was cut down to 10 mins.

garinda 08-11-2008 15:23

The moderators have their name in black, on the list of who's online at the bottom of the page.

Mick, andrewb, Lindsay Ormerod, and Len, are frequently on to sort any problems.

The timer on the edit button is annoying, but as was said, it's done to prevent people changing posts after they've been quoted.

Eric 08-11-2008 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 648546)
Who or where are the modertors, especially when you need them.

Twice today I have been trying to edit a post, and some blooy idiot rung the door bell, then when i get back its shut down, your only allowed 5 mins. WHY, I am a member of the Western Front Forum, and I can edit posts any time and take as long as I like doing it.

All this medication I'm on now, means I'm not as fast as I used to be, and the keys keep moving round the keyboard, can't find the little sods when I need them.

Retlaw.

The idiot at the door wouldn't have been from Porlock, would he:confused:;)

Retlaw 08-11-2008 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 648593)
The idiot at the door wouldn't have been from Porlock, would he:confused:;)

No, wherever Porlock is, one was wrongly delivered post, the other was a neighbour locked out.

Retlaw.

Benipete 08-11-2008 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 648595)
No, wherever Porlock is, one was wrongly delivered post, the other was a neighbour locked out.

Retlaw.

Bit ironic that.
Your post was wrong and you got locked out of editing.:D:D

Len 08-11-2008 20:13

Well were sorry about the time limits but it was felt that 5 minutes (or what ever it is) was ample time to give everyone the chance to correct their posts ‘should it be necessary’.

Unfortunately, the main reason why this was implemented was because, a few years ago we had an incident whereas a particular member not only edited a post after it had been replied too but also deleted/edited out every reply that he had made in a particular thread (and it was several), leaving all his posts blank and totally spoiling the thread. So obviously, it was decided to add the time limit.

If you should have a problem with one of your posts then you could always pm any of us mods etc and when we come online we could take a look at it for you.

:)

Eric 08-11-2008 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Len (Post 648646)
Well were sorry about the time limits but it was felt that 5 minutes (or what ever it is) was ample time to give everyone the chance to correct their posts ‘should it be necessary’.

Unfortunately, the main reason why this was implemented was because, a few years ago we had an incident whereas a particular member not only edited a post after it had been replied too but also deleted/edited out every reply that he had made in a particular thread (and it was several), leaving all his posts blank and totally spoiling the thread. So obviously, it was decided to add the time limit.

If you should have a problem with one of your posts then you could always pm any of us mods etc and when we come online we could take a look at it for you.

:)

Sounds like that particular member should have been in politics;)

forceten 08-11-2008 23:06

Sorry, but as a moderator on another forum, you have to remember that moderators give there time up for free.

If you have a problem, perhaps it would be better to pm a moderator to rectify the situation?