Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Karma? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/karma-5238.html)

AnthonyS 14-08-2004 14:16

Karma?

How do I turn my karma off? I seem to have only 8 karma yet I haven't done anything bad:confused: so I want to turn it off.

lettie 14-08-2004 14:29

Re: Karma?

I don't think you can turn your karma off, Roy would know or maybe one of the moderators.:)

Doug 14-08-2004 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyS
How do I turn my karma off? I seem to have only 8 karma yet I haven't done anything bad:confused: so I want to turn it off.

Don't worry about it Anthony, Last month I had 23 points, now I've 15. I might have deserved to loose some but the rest went because I had an opinion. So be it. The points demonstrate the response of other individuals to your post or general manner on the site, you will loose them for P***ing people off. Keep an eye on mine I’ll be down there with you before long……………

Private Message - “Burnley, come what’s keeping you”

Doug 14-08-2004 15:48

See what I mean..............hehehehehehe

Roy 14-08-2004 16:18

Doug, I would worry about it if I was you. Going negative automaticaly disables your posting/chatting/arcade access. By the way, you have to spread your karma around and so must issue karma to at least 10 other people before you can get the same person again. It's about time I posted the full karma system.. I'll look into it now.

Doug 14-08-2004 16:25

Extremely good point there Roy. I’ll mend my way’s.

WINGY 14-08-2004 18:22

ye right!!!

Bagpuss 14-08-2004 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug
Extremely good point there Roy. I’ll mend my way’s.

Doug if someone wants to get you they will, so what's the point of posting something that maybe not everbody will agree with. If you do you loose your karma points your off and there's no way back but at least you will have made your point, don't you agree Wingy ???

Doug 14-08-2004 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Doug if someone wants to get you they will, so what's the point of posting something that maybe not everbody will agree with. If you do you loose your karma points your off and there's no way back but at least you will have made your point, don't you agree Wingy ???

Of that I have no doubt my friend, has mush as I may regret it I can only be what I am, If a few choose to force me off there's nothing I can do. Apart from being a little opinionated what have I done so wrong?

WINGY 14-08-2004 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Doug if someone wants to get you they will

Hows that then??
I agree about making your point, but Karma cannot just be issued willie nillie, as such. There are limits of how much you can give, so if it goes down fast then i would assume that that person is upsetting many people..

Bagpuss 14-08-2004 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by WINGY
Hows that then??
I agree about making your point, but Karma cannot just be issued willie nillie, as such. There are limits of how much you can give, so if it goes down fast then i would assume that that person is upsetting many people..

Ok so it might take a while to do but it can be done and then the person with minus karma has gone, that can't be right in my book.
I also think that if everyone agreed and we where all friends it would make for some very boring threads.

WINGY 14-08-2004 20:46

I totaly agree that debates etc keep a message board alive, this is why the Karma system relies on people being mature and dishing out both good and bad karma.
We used to have a system in place before karma and it was abused. A shame really.

My only suggestion to anybody with low karma, think of things that might keep people happy or cheer people up and the karma will come back.
For example Tealeaf (sorry T ) he has many debates and often upsets people but look at his )was high last time i looked anyway).
Come to think of it mine isnt too good!! EEK i'm off to tell some jokes:D

WillowTheWhisp 14-08-2004 20:48

Am I reading this right? Someone with negative Karma can only read the board and not contribute to it? That would give them precious little opportunity of regaining their Karma again. It does seem a bit unfair. It only needs a few people to disagree with a point and that member is virtually gagged.

WINGY 14-08-2004 20:52

Before jumping to any conclusions wait for Roy to publish the rules! As he said earlier today that he would.

That is unless anyone already knows them?

WillowTheWhisp 14-08-2004 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy
Going negative automaticaly disables your posting/chatting/arcade access.

I was just going off what Roy said in that part of his post.