Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Malware Warning (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/malware-warning-66834.html)

rtbarton 13-12-2014 10:13

Malware Warning

Whilst trying access this page

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...t-46689-5.html

I got this warning

The site ahead contains malware

Attackers currently on planetsmilies.net might attempt to install dangerous programmes on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages and credit cards).

Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy
Back to safetyHide details
Google Safe Browsing recently detected malware on Accrington Web - Discussion forum for the Hyndburn and Accrington area.. Websites that are normally safe are sometimes infected with malware. The malicious content comes from planetsmilies.net, a known malware distributor.

If you understand the risks to your security, you may visit this unsafe site before the dangerous programmes have been removed.

Less 13-12-2014 11:58

Re: Malware Warning

I also get that message if I use your link, however if I do a search and go through the sites interface I have no problems.
Could be you have a problem?

rtbarton 13-12-2014 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1126125)
I also get that message if I use your link, however if I do a search and go through the sites interface I have no problems.
Could be you have a problem?

No, you say you get the same problem!

I started at page 1 of the thread and scrolled through the pages, they were OK apart from that one. Scrolling from either end of the thread gave the same error.

It could be that someone on that page used a smilie from planetsmilies.net and Chrome flagged that up as an error. Could be Google/Chrome is being overcautious, are you using Chrome?

In any event I didn't open the page.

Less 13-12-2014 12:57

You are correct, Page 5, one of Katex's posts has a link, as you suggest.
:alright:

rtbarton 13-12-2014 13:16

If you Google "planetsmilies.net" there's loads of malware warnings. Perhaps a mod could edit the post to remove the link and run a virus check?

Mick 28-12-2014 21:20

should be ok now have taken The link out

rtbarton 29-12-2014 07:23

Thanks

Restless 11-01-2015 11:38

Ive had this before. I think this is a chrome related detection.

The AVG url scanner says "No active malware was reported recently by users anywhere on this website. (updated Jan 10, 2015)" however Google Safebrowsing says it is a malware site. Possibly just because its a smiley site and they are widely known for being malware/virus sites

Neil 11-01-2015 12:41

Both Chrome and IE warn you when they think a site is iffy, I don't know it Firefox does

Retlaw 16-04-2018 20:06

I am having problems with Accy Web, 3 times this month when I've clicked on a thread to read the latest posts, every thing has gone loopy, and had to restart comp, and then run a deep scan virus check, Avast each time comes back no virus found.
This is more or less what happend when I was with rossendaleonline, that started going loopy, after a few goes it vanished and is now no more
Is Accy Web going the same way.
If this box of bits an pieces suffers another of Accy Webs fits, I'm OFF.

cashman 19-04-2018 19:24

Sod all happens like that with me Retlaw?:confused: i use Firefox no idea if that make any difference?

hilleluk 20-04-2018 05:37

I have never had any problems at all

Neil 21-04-2018 03:17

It appears to be working ok for me. Looks like it's a problem with your computer Walter

RainbowSix 21-04-2018 11:03

Dang, he gets all the fun :)

Although I'm not sure what he means about rossendaleonline, that is still there and does not send my pc loop either.

Perhaps Walter need to use Malwarebytes, spywareblaster, superantispyware and some of the other good reputation apps.