Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Some New Sections, please (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/some-new-sections-please-67899.html)

sheila and barry 16-01-2016 07:49

Some New Sections, please

We would like to suggest some new sections to the Forum. These suggestions are based on what subjects we would make interesting chat about so as to entertain.

We would like a section on cooking; a section on arts & crafts for knitting & sewing and painting (as in painting landscapes & town scenes); and a section on reading & books please.

dotti34 16-01-2016 08:07

Re: Some New Sections, please

Hi Sheila and Barry. Just a suggestion. It's easy to start a thread about any topic that is of interest to you if there isn't already a section covering it, people with similar interests will soon join in. Or maybe write a blog about your interests.

sheila and barry 16-01-2016 08:27

Thanks for your suggestions, Dotti.

If me and my husband can't prise some new sections out of admin then that could be the way to go instead.

Margaret Pilkington 16-01-2016 10:32

It isn't a case of prising new sections out of the admin.
You will find that if you put some of these topics into the hobbies section, those who have similar interests will post to them.
Many new folks come on and post a couple of posts and then they disappear without a trace.
It might also be a good idea if you introduce yourselves(if you have not already done so).Tell us what drew you to accyweb, if you have connections to the area....a little bit about yourselves...including your interests.

maxthecollie 16-01-2016 13:52

It's nice to introduce yourselves first. Welcome to the nuthouse .

Mick 17-01-2016 06:15

Welcome to the site
once you have introduced yourself if you click on Community at the top you will see a section called Social Groups you can start your own section in there
by the way there is already a cooking section in there to get you started enjoy

sheila and barry 17-01-2016 07:10

Sheila; We're not new to the forum. We first joined with the username of 'Pompeylass' under Barry's email. This new account is with my email. I changed it because I got bored with the username, and 'Accylass' was already taken.

I was born (in Charter Street) and bred in Accrington, and am related to the Southworth's of tripe fame. But through my ill health we moved South, to Hampshire, where its warmer and drier. I suffer from the rheumatics.

Barry; Originally I'm from Portsmouth, and I moved to Accrington in the 70's to buy an affordable house. We met at Hyndburn Cabs where we both worked, me being a driver, Sheila being the operator.

Her catchphrase on the phone was "Hello, Sheila's Wheels"

Thanks Mick! We couldn't see anywhere on the site for 'cooking' until you pointed us in the right direction. Great! We'd never found it in a month of Sunday's.

Thanks too to Margaret and Max for the welcome.

We're gonna share this username, so you get two people for the price of one. :D

Margaret Pilkington 17-01-2016 09:11

I like the bogof rationale :)

sheila and barry 17-01-2016 09:53

Barry; I didn't realise how many closets and cubbyholes there are in this forum. I've spent the morning exploring, instead of just clicking on 'New Posts' and 'Today's Posts' on the main page.

Glad you liked that, Margaret. It's harder to argue with two people. We might even disagree in our own posts yet. :)

Sheila; The main pages seem to be all interaction about football, illegal parking, photography and various word-association games. Not everyone's cup of tea.

We are gonna do some more exploring now, before we start posting in ernest.

Margaret Pilkington 17-01-2016 11:12

Yes, you are right about disagreeing with two people.......You know, the general bit of the forum doesn't have to be just about the things you mention, but it IS the section that most people look at so if you want the best'coverage' or more looks... that is the place you would post....and you can post issues of general interest there... so if the general bit of the forum(the bit that gets most looks) has nothng in it that appeals to you.....change it! Post something that will generate some interest in what floats your boat.

As for the photography thread...it is probably the most pleasant thread to look at. It covers a wide range of interests.
It will give you a look around our own area...courtesy of Davemac the intrepid but damp photographer.
You will also find pics of interesting places, people and things and some adorable puppies.

Accyweb is a treasure trove of wonderment....just waiting for you to add some sparkling gems.

Bob Dobson 17-01-2016 14:58

No Lancashire town has a website which comes anywhere near accyweb. I say that not because of my interest in Accy, but because of my having seen and joined other sites

DaveinGermany 17-01-2016 15:38

There you go! As you can see, this particular thread is starting to develop a life of its own, all part of the charm & vagaries of AW. :)

DtheP47 17-01-2016 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1158716)
It might also be a good idea if you introduce yourselves(if you have not already done so).Tell us what drew you to accyweb, if you have connections to the area....a little bit about yourselves...including your interests.

Welcome..................
Not that Margaret is nosey..she is just err,,,
Nosey

yerself 30-01-2016 18:25

Waste o' time these taxis, always late. You'd think they'd driven all the way from pawtsmuff the time it takes them to get here.;)

Margaret Pilkington 30-01-2016 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1158805)
Welcome..................
Not that Margaret is nosey..she is just err,,,
Nosey

I prefer the term curious...and it is always good to have some kind of introduction.
It helps paint a mental picture of the poster......it might be abstract, but it is still a picture.