Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Tapatalk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/tapatalk-68348.html)

Less 03-07-2016 17:29

Tapatalk

Accyweb is connected to it, if on your phone you do a search for our site it insists on letting us know it's available.
I don't like it it has been harder and harder to use over the past year or so and we can have our regular format if we want.
So how about a referendum a simple in or out of tapatalk?
If you want it then we keep it if you don't want it we get Roy To remove it, (he's in the country at the moment best chance to get things done).

Less 03-07-2016 17:44

Re: Tapatalk

Just a slight addition, if the vote goes one way or the other, it stands no regrets, no insisting that it was a protest vote, just accyweb displaying a democratic vote.

Barrie Yates 03-07-2016 18:11

Don't know anything about it, so don't use it, so don't need it.

Less 03-07-2016 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1171753)
Don't know anything about it, so don't use it, so don't need it.

Don't worry Barrie three days into the campaign I plan to send each member a P.M. that in no way will be prejudicial against remaining (at no expense to myself), then after a few rumblings that may cause the clique to back pedal a little, I will follow that with an absolutely useless P.M. putting forward both sides of a non argument.
:alright:

If you do not get a P.M. from me within 14 days of the closing date please don't contact me just put it down to democracy in action.
:lamer:

gpick24 04-07-2016 08:12

I use Tapatalk a lot so have voted to keep it, looks like I`m in the minority though.
However, since you can`t vote in forum polls with Tapatalk, if the vote is to ditch it I`ll be claiming that the vote has been rigged.:D

Less 04-07-2016 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1171775)
I use Tapatalk a lot so have voted to keep it, looks like I`m in the minority though.
However, since you can`t vote in forum polls with Tapatalk, if the vote is to ditch it I`ll be claiming that the vote has been rigged.:D

There you are, proof that tapatalk is non democratic! Denying grassroot members of AccyWeb their democratic right to vote in the Referendum.

P.S. I got a message from one of our moderators, he would like to leave tapatalk never actually uses it, but, after a conversation with one of the Administrators he is voting to keep it.

gpick24 04-07-2016 08:32

I find reading the forum on it easier than through the phones web browser, but it`s no big deal if it goes, i`ll just have to wait till I can get back to the computer.
Does it save the forum money by ditching it?

Less 04-07-2016 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1171779)
Does it save the forum money by ditching it?

You don't suppose that I've looked into the technicalities do you? I'm just scaremongering, (get a politician to admit that if you can.:D).

gpick24 04-07-2016 09:20

If it`s free why not just leave it as it is?
Why remove something that will mean members might visit the forum less often?

Less 04-07-2016 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1171785)
If it`s free why not just leave it as it is?
Why remove something that will mean members might visit the forum less often?

Consider this thought, the thread just might have been started tongue in cheek, after all, if I don't like tapatalk all I have to do is uninstall it from my 'phone without affecting your wish to use it.
The only reason Roy should remove it would be if it interfered with the site and caused it to crash or was a security risk.

Plus, AccyWeb isn't a democracy, no matter how many vote one way or the other, it's unlikely to make any difference.

Sorry if you have been having uncomfortable moments because I started this thread, I just wanted to attempt a parallel to the Brexit fiasco.
:o

gpick24 04-07-2016 09:53

No need to apologise Less, I did check the section it was in and as it`s in the Feedback, Suggestions and Help, thought maybe it was a legit poll.
I can rest easy now. :alright:

Less 04-07-2016 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1171792)
No need to apologise Less, I did check the section it was in and as it`s in the Feedback, Suggestions and Help, thought maybe it was a legit poll.
I can rest easy now. :alright:

Sometimes it's more fun to ignore anything goes, (Stand by for a slap on the wrists Less the mods haven't had this good a chance of reprimanding you in ages).
:hidewall:

Though Roy has removed tapatalk from Landyzone, I haven't got around to asking him why yet.

:confused:

Hill Walker 04-07-2016 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1171790)
AccyWeb isn't a democracy, no matter how many vote one way or the other, it's unlikely to make any difference.

Sorry if you have been having uncomfortable moments because I started this thread, I just wanted to attempt a parallel to the Brexit fiasco.
:o

I salute your bravery, currently people involved in polls seem to be getting a bad press. DC - gone. BJ - knifed. NF - resigned (probably, possibly, check history book in a few weeks). NG - the U turn to end all. I've even heard a reporter blaming the apparently hung results of the Austrailian election on the UK referendum. So who are you trying to confuse, the Americans, the Martians, the South Sea Islanders maybe?:rolleyes:

Less 04-07-2016 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hill Walker (Post 1171796)
I salute your bravery, currently people involved in polls seem to be getting a bad press. DC - gone. BJ - knifed. NF - resigned (probably, possibly, check history book in a few weeks). NG - the U turn to end all. I've even heard a reporter blaming the apparently hung results of the Austrailian election on the UK referendum. So who are you trying to confuse, the Americans, the Martians, the South Sea Islanders maybe?:rolleyes:

Little green men, no, not Martians, the ones full of sour grapes that voted stay and immediately wanted to move the goal posts when they didn't like the results.

:icon_argu

Michael1954 04-07-2016 11:49

If I vote to remove it, will Boris Johnson become one of the moderators?