Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   help (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/help-71417.html)

Exile on Spencer St 10-12-2020 12:17

help

Don't know if anyone can help on here. I've sent various messages to the Administrator but not had any replies. But the problem I have may be the reason why.

When I joined the Accyweb in 2009 I was in work and didn't have a computer at home so (naughty, naughty) used my work email address.
With that original set up address I was able to access the site when I picked up an old laptop for home use, and also carried it on when I got an iPad.

Recently, the iPad crashed (on the first day of this last lockdown :mad:) but, when I finally got it back, I'd lost my connection to the Accyweb.
This old laptop I'm using now is getting more and more unstable, I suspect it will just collapse one day soon, so I prefer to use the iPad day to day.

The problem is this: I can't change my password because when I put in my current email address, it says it cannot be recognised. That's because the Accyweb is still recognising my previous work email which, since I retired, is now no longer functioning.

As I say, I've contacted the Administrator, explaining as best I can, but if he/she tries to contact me on my 'registered' (work) email, there'll be no reply because (like me at work) it's history.

Does anyone have any suggestions, other than I rejoin the Accyweb with a totally different user name and password? I suppose that might placate anyone I've upset over the past eleven years, but equally, it would be a shame to have to start again with the 'friends' on here.
Any suggestions gratefully received.

Margaret Pilkington 10-12-2020 14:35

Re: help

I think rejoining might be your best option.....and you can always use your username with a number after it....just so that we know it is you.
The administrator would be the best option, and you could add into your message your current e-mail address so that he knows it would be best to contact you in that way.

Other than that I am stumped.

gpick24 10-12-2020 14:36

Can you change your Accy Web email address on here?
I can see the option to but haven`t tried it.
Quick Links (Top right on my screen), edit your details, edit email and password.

Exile on Spencer St 10-12-2020 20:39

Thanks for the suggestion about adding a number, Margaret. I did give my home email to the Administrator.

GPick24, you can change your password, but you need to put in your 'registered' email address. That's my problem - it's my former work email, which is now gone.

Heh, ho. just one more thing I'll have to cope with under the Brave New Normal.;)

gpick24 11-12-2020 06:54

I`ve just changed my email address & password without accessing my original email account. You do need your password now but seen as you have access to accy web I guess it must be saved on the laptop you are using so should fill in automatically.

Exile on Spencer St 12-12-2020 21:17

Yes, I was hoping that would be the case, gpick, but, although it must be saved because I can get on here, when I go to 'edit password' it doesn't automatically fill in the password. Nothing comes up to offer that.
It's even more frustrating because, on some occasions when I log on, as soon as I put in my user name it fills in the password with a load of dots, but it's o fast I can't even count the number of dots.
The intractability of technology up against the inadequacies of human memory.

gpick24 13-12-2020 09:40

Which browser are you using, saved passwords can be retrieved.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...om/amp/9259431

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gpick24 13-12-2020 17:02

I’ve (hopefully) reported your first post in the hope it gets the attention of admin.

Exile on Spencer St 14-12-2020 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1247952)
Which browser are you using, saved passwords can be retrieved.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...om/amp/9259431

Thanks, gpick.
Unfortunately for me, it's Internet Explorer.

Margaret Pilkington 14-12-2020 21:24

I did not realise that was still going.

Neil 19-12-2020 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1247792)
Don't know if anyone can help on here. I've sent various messages to the Administrator but not had any replies. But the problem I have may be the reason why.....

I've just sent you a PM about this so we can get you sorted out.

RainbowSix 20-12-2020 10:28

Internet explorer saves your password - horrible browser.

From the Internet Explorer app, select Tools (the gear icon) . Open Internet Options, and then navigate to the Content tab. Look for the AutoComplete section and select Settings. In the new box that appears choose Manage Passwords.

Exile on Spencer St 25-12-2020 13:15

Thanks to all, but especially, Neil, for sorting things out for me.
A nice Xmess present for me.
Best wishes to all on the Accyweb.

Margaret Pilkington 25-12-2020 14:04

glad you got it sorted.

joaner3 26-12-2020 19:22

It's called Microsoft Edge now Margaret.