Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Power - Karma (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/power-karma-8765.html)

blazey 10-06-2009 18:12

Re: Power - Karma

Because this has been brought to my attention I think I should probably say something.

I don't know who odders is, so he isn't posting at my request to defend me or anything like that. To be honest, I've heard some disgusting things about this forum recently, things which have made a very popular and well loved member not post on here any more.

I am quite happy for you all to criticise me, I expect it. But what I don't like to hear is that people are being offended for no good reason. If that is acceptable behaviour to you, and it is clear that it is for most of you, then I think you should perhaps question your own values and statements before you criticise others.

BERNADETTE 10-06-2009 18:23

I think you should look a bit closer to home to place the blame for offending people. You seem to manage it in nearly every post you make. So maybe you should be questioning your own values instead of preaching to everybody else.

blazey 10-06-2009 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 720388)
I think you should look a bit closer to home to place the blame for offending people. You seem to manage it in nearly every post you make. So maybe you should be questioning your own values instead of preaching to everybody else.

I haven't made any long term members of this forum leave though, and I didn't do it through my own ignorance and fecklessness.

I come on here to wind people up intentionally, I don't always say what I honestly believe, but some people were ignorant enough to really upset someone and probably aren't even aware of how offensive they actually are.

Accrington is a bit of a joke, how can you expect me to take it seriously?

garinda 10-06-2009 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 720386)
I don't know who odders is, so he isn't posting at my request to defend me or anything like that. To be honest, I've heard some disgusting things about this forum recently, things which have made a very popular and well loved member not post on here any more.

Can't remember reading any mournful threads about a ' very popular and well loved member' not posting anymore.

Care to name them?

Then everyone could say a collective apology, and beg them to come back.

Personally I feel a lot of valued members left when this forum was it was hijacked/taken over the other summer by the Jerry Springer Show. Especially the endless parent/child reunion thread, which corect me if I'm wrong contained many threats of violence.

Margaret Pilkington 10-06-2009 18:58

Blazey, what you do is come on here to offend people......you may call it something else, but believe me that is what you do......and what is more you are proud of it.....proud enough to state that that is what you intend to do.
It seems that all of us on here are out of step except you.
You have heard bad things about Accyweb have you? and you believe everything you hear?

And while you may not have made any long term members leave Accyweb(as if that is something to be proud of) you have made enough barbed comments to wound quite a few.
And as for not knowing Odders......who said you did know him?
(methinks the lady doth protest too much)

BERNADETTE 10-06-2009 19:07

I think the long term member Blazey is refering to is Willow (I'm sure she'll correct me if I'm wrong). As for admitting that she comes on here just to "wind people up" I think that says a lot about her mentality. I would feel very sad if I thought that winding people up was a way of relieving my boredom. What a sad thing to admit about yourself!!!!

Gayle 10-06-2009 19:17

I don't think the 'long term member' that Blazey is talking about is Willow - she used 'he' and Willow is not a he.

I think she's refering to a member who studies politics and who was made a moderator then decided to use his new found power to edit some posts that people thought he shouldn't have edited. This caused a big argument and I don't think he's posted since. ;) :D

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...oes-45592.html

Bagpuss 10-06-2009 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 720408)
I think she's refering to a member who studies politics and who was made a moderator then decided to use his new found power to edit some posts that people thought he shouldn't have edited. This caused a big argument and I don't think he's posted since. ;) :D

He also had access to PMs;)

garinda 10-06-2009 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 720408)
I don't think the 'long term member' that Blazey is talking about is Willow - she used 'he' and Willow is not a he.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...oes-45592.html

If you're right, he was much loved, because his mummy loved him.

Gayle 10-06-2009 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 720415)
If you're right, he was much loved, because his mummy loved him.

Oh, yes he was much loved - Blazey said so.

garinda 10-06-2009 19:42

...and the person's meddling, often unfairly in my opinion, was the reason I didn't feel like posting on here as much.

I'll stand my ground against anyone in a debate, as long as we are all on a level playing field.

I've heard many other people felt the same. So as for being popular, that's open to conjecture.

garinda 10-06-2009 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 720416)
Oh, yes he was much loved - Blazey said so.

Must be right then.

Although she states she was never an actual member of the Conservative Party, I do remember seeing her name added to the list, when called to join the Cameron Youth, or whatever they're called.

Being close to each other I suppose we'll have to accept the claim of popularity.

BERNADETTE 10-06-2009 19:53

Andrew has been posting all be it not as much but Willow has stopped posting completely since we had that religious fanatic on a while back. Somebody said something about his postings and Willow was very offended. I just assumed that was what Blazey was referring to

shillelagh 10-06-2009 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 720393)
I haven't made any long term members of this forum leave though, and I didn't do it through my own ignorance and fecklessness.

I come on here to wind people up intentionally, I don't always say what I honestly believe, but some people were ignorant enough to really upset someone and probably aren't even aware of how offensive they actually are.

Accrington is a bit of a joke, how can you expect me to take it seriously?

Can you please tell me the names of the long term members of this forum that i made leave through my own ignorance and fecklessness?

As far as i know if anyone has a problem with me they normally pm me .. and as ive just cleared my pm's out the other day .. i didnt see anybody that had a problem with me.

You say you come on here to wind people up intentionally .. well now i know that in future any posts you make will not be seen by me. As why bother reading a post that you know that person may not be saying their true opinion of that thread .. so why bother posting ..

West Ender 10-06-2009 20:19

For what it's worth, I think anyone who stops posting for any other reason than boredom is taking things far too seriously.

I am often amused by the spats, sometimes downright arguments, that go on. I watch people sniping at each other, who would never do so if they met in person. I read posts that I know are written from the "safe" position of an anonymous keyboard, so safe you can be supercillious, condescending, malicious or vindictive and you won't get a black eye.

If someone says something I think is wrong I may tell them so or I may ignore it. I've been angered a couple of times, by crassness and/or bigotry, but that's rare and it hasn't stopped me posting. I've been apalled at Blazey's youthful arrogance, more than once, but her woeful lapses in grammar (yes, our very own uni student - ooh, standards have slipped) have tempered my indignation and I've tried to remember that she is young and full of her own (exaggerated) importance and that, one day, someone will cut her down to size face to face so it's not worth any angst on my part.

I give karma when I remember. I will not take it away, nor will I ever report a post. This website is fun and shouldn't be taken as a substitute for real life. :rolleyes: