Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Power - Karma (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/power-karma-8765.html)

Cafu01 24-03-2005 11:21

Power - Karma

I was wondering, how do you get your power up, so you can give more than 1 karma point out???

Roy 24-03-2005 11:35

Re: Power - Karma

There are three different scenarios that increase your power, each time you reach each step you gain 1 extra point of power:
  • Membership for greater than 180 days
  • Greater than 1000 posts
  • Greater than 50 karma
So, if you had 3001 posts(3), 150 karma(3) and were a member for 1 year(2) you would have a total of 8 power.

MUMMIBOO 24-03-2005 12:06

Oh i get it now, id better get posting and being nice to people then eh!

Tinkerbelle 24-03-2005 13:05

Sorry another question. If someone, lets say with a karma power of 5, deducts karma from a member do they deduct just 1 point or 5 points?

WillowTheWhisp 24-03-2005 15:40

I think they deduct less than they give. I deducted somebody a bit ago and it didn't go down as much as somebody else went up when I added.

Cafu01 24-03-2005 15:45

Im on 49 Karma, just one more point off having extra power. Surely someone could give me the extra point for me to test having 2 power ;)

Tinkerbelle 24-03-2005 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cafu01
Im on 49 Karma, just one more point off having extra power. Surely someone could give me the extra point for me to test having 2 power ;)

I would if I could chuck but it won't let me yet I've to spread it around!

I could do with some karma I just lost 2 points for trying to steal off Slinky I didn't mean too I pressed the wrong button honestly :D pmsl eh this new system lol!

WillowTheWhisp 24-03-2005 16:43

I've given out too much. I'm going to have to stop being so generous! :p

vorlon24 24-03-2005 20:15

You've got 6 power Willow!

Bagpuss 24-03-2005 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I think they deduct less than they give. I deducted somebody a bit ago and it didn't go down as much as somebody else went up when I added.

Maybe while you where deducting points someone else was giving the person some at the same time, just a thought.

Cafu01 25-03-2005 12:26

Look at willow with all the power, you dont want to get him mad or ul find all ur karma will be going ;)

Tinkerbelle 25-03-2005 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cafu01
Look at willow with all the power, you dont want to get him mad or ul find all ur karma will be going ;)

Oopps Cafu you might have just upset Willow!! HIM is a HER :D lol!!

staggeringman 15-06-2005 00:38

ITS funny when you know tinks inn-it 1

Steph 15-06-2005 13:09

All this power and karma stuff is really confusing to me yet everyone else seems to understand it perfectly!

Tinkerbelle 15-06-2005 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by staggeringman
inn-it

:rofl38: You had a culture change Staggers, is it cus you is black :golly: inn-it aye !!! :rofl38:

Len 15-06-2005 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph
All this power and karma stuff is really confusing to me yet everyone else seems to understand it perfectly!

Hi Steph

I hope this helps you.
I shall point you to another thread which explains what Karma is, as for Power it is explained in #2 post in this thread.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...11&postcount=5

:)

Steph 16-06-2005 22:01

Can I just say thank you, that helped a lot

harwood red 29-07-2005 22:05

can anyone tell me when I can start deciding how much karma to give as it doesn't give me the option it just lets me give or take away not by how much!!! I feel awful when someone gives me like 8 karma but when I give some it only gives 2. I have quite a few posts under my belt so not quite sure what else I can do????

Doug 29-07-2005 22:12

Don’t worry about it Harwood, Keep posting and you’ll catch up soon enough…..If you look at you little box you will seen Karma and Power, the first is self explanatory, the Power is what you can give or take away……..The more Threads you create and posts you maker the higher your power goes. You will also get more power as you Karma increases “I think” I stand to be corrected by those that know better, but if it helps……….

harwood red 29-07-2005 22:16

well I can't do anything about how long I've been on here, ,but I suppose I can post more and be extra nice to try to earn karma off the wonderful people on here, in other words...................

nice people please give me some karma so that in return I can give more karma out!!!! :)

Len 30-07-2005 08:52

As Doug say, just keep posting and the power will increase.

Gayle 16-02-2008 15:53

Sorry to drag this up again but what does it mean when karma that's been given to you has a blue box next to it instead of green?

emamum 16-02-2008 15:57

isnt that when they didnt have any karma to give? you have to reach a certain amount before you can give karma?? I may be wrong tho

WillowTheWhisp 16-02-2008 19:25

Yes, it's been given (or taken even) by someone who has no rep power and doesn't affect your total.

cashman 16-02-2008 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 174874)
well I can't do anything about how long I've been on here, ,but I suppose I can post more and be extra nice to try to earn karma off the wonderful people on here, in other words...................

nice people please give me some karma so that in return I can give more karma out!!!! :)

looks like its same as lager red, you never have enough.:D

harwood red 17-02-2008 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 531975)
looks like its same as lager red, you never have enough.:D

crikey that you have quoted of mine was from over 2 years ago!!!!!!!!!!

jaysay 17-02-2008 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 532064)

You've got to admit Red cashy is quick on the uptake:D

cashman 17-02-2008 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 532064)

yeh well i only just started speaking to ya.:D

Morecambe Ex Pat 25-09-2008 21:24

There is so much to learn about how this forum thing operates that it makes me so mad that I want to swear and I will be penalised if I do and then I will be banned and then I will have to pretend I am someone else and then I am lying and I don't like liars so that will make me even madder and want to swear more but that means I will be penalised even more which will make me swear even more and then I will be hated even more and like everyone else I just want to be liked by the entire membership and ................... ooh, I have just received some Karma, not a clue what it is but let's do a google
Quote:

The korma (sometimes spelt kormaa, qorma, khorma, or kurma) is a mild, pale, creamy, curry dish originating in India and can be made with yoghurt, cream, nut and seed pastes or coconut milk. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian kormas exist.
That doesn't make sense, why would someone send me a mild curry

I want a strong curry because mild curry makes me so mad that I want to swear at the next person who rings me trying to sell me double glazing or a holiday or .................. wait a minute - I spy with my little eye - something beginning with 'T'

Ahh typo!
Not 'Korma' you grett nit wit, 'Karma'

isn't google great!

Quote:

The philosophical explanation of karma can differ slightly between traditions, but the general concept is basically the same. Through the law of karma, the effects of all deeds actively create past, present, and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to him/her and others. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala. In religions that incorporate reincarnation, karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well.
I am calm now and I think that Karma is something good so that makes me even calmer and I am feeling sleepy so this forum stuff will have to wait till tomorrow when I can concentrate.

Quote:

It's been a long day and teddy is tired

cashman 25-09-2008 21:30

when john lennon recorded " Instant Karma"s gonna get you, don't think he meant a kisser full of mild curry.:D:D:D:D;)

lancsdave 25-09-2008 21:34

I cringe when old threads about karma are resurrected. You just know somebody who shall remain nameless is going to bore us all to death with his long winded repititious take on the issue :(

katex 25-09-2008 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 634815)
I cringe when old threads about karma are resurrected. You just know somebody who shall remain nameless is going to bore us all to death with his long winded repititious take on the issue :(

Stop baiting Lancsdave .. you know the thoughts he has on fishing .. you a bad lad ... :whack:

gdm27 30-05-2009 16:24

I've got 2, yes two bad Karma points, got picked on for having a go at someone almost godlike!!! Serves me right if I have nothing but bad luck for the rest of my short life. Please post good or bad karma, make the end quick!!!!

MargaretR 30-05-2009 16:49

That was just a slap on the wrist - stay around - just don't insult those who have gained respect, and you'll be fine :D

emamum 30-05-2009 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdm27 (Post 717757)
I've got 2, yes two bad Karma points, got picked on for having a go at someone almost godlike!!! Serves me right if I have nothing but bad luck for the rest of my short life. Please post good or bad karma, make the end quick!!!!

well now you have drawn attention to it people will probably go back and see why the karma was taken and its possible you will lose more ..

gdm27 30-05-2009 16:55

A cross I have to carry!!!

MargaretR 30-05-2009 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdm27 (Post 717762)
A cross I have to carry!!!

Nah - more like a matchstick :D

gdm27 30-05-2009 17:04

It's Ok for you MargaretR, your beyond repute, me, I'm infamous around these parts???? I should be locktup!!!

BERNADETTE 30-05-2009 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdm27 (Post 717757)

Who did you upset?

SPUGGIE J 30-05-2009 17:32

Could be worse i asked for bad karma and got it as requested. :D Dont worry about it there are ups and downs on this site like life. Just take the rough with the smooth or if inclined a shot of Bells n a shot of Dalwhinnie. :cool:

MargaretR 30-05-2009 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdm27 (Post 717767)
It's Ok for you MargaretR, your beyond repute, me, I'm infamous around these parts???? I should be locktup!!!

I get bad karma too - we all do.
It doesn't hurt you, and since I am one of the people who gave you bad karma, and openly said so, I will now give you good karma because you have shown remorse ---- feel better now?:D

PS just tried but it says I will have to wait - rules are rules :D
PPS Ooh look you have lost one red square already

gdm27 30-05-2009 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 717768)
Who did you upset?

If I told you I would get chased through the streets of Accy next time I visit!!!!

SPUGGIE J 30-05-2009 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdm27 (Post 717788)
If I told you I would get chased through the streets of Accy next time I visit!!!!

Oh no you upset the musketeers then? :eek: Better get the body armour out then. :D

MargaretR 30-05-2009 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 717794)
Oh no you upset the musketeers then? :eek: Better get the body armour out then. :D

No - It was - Retlaw

SPUGGIE J 30-05-2009 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 717798)
No - It was - Retlaw

Better get a few body guards as well then. :D

derekgas 30-05-2009 21:16

And now you have Lancsdave cringing again!! You are a bad un! :D

gdm27 30-05-2009 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 717821)

Run away, run away, the skies falling!!!!!!

gdm27 30-05-2009 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdm27 (Post 717826)
Run away, run away, the skies falling!!!!!!

But don't spill the Bells!

lancsdave 30-05-2009 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 717821)

Cringed as expected :D

garinda 30-05-2009 23:44

Having a moan about a karma loss, with people giving you sympathy karma in return, only works once.;)

After that people get bored, and take more off for luck.:D

Neil 31-05-2009 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 717759)
That was just a slap on the wrist - stay around - just don't insult those who have gained respect, and you'll be fine :D

Even better don't insult people, unless its funny :rolleyes:

jaysay 31-05-2009 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 717798)
No - It was - Retlaw

The Legend that is Retlaw, Margaret if you please:D:rolleyes:

shillelagh 09-06-2009 13:21

did you know that you get thanked for taking karma away ... i didnt know that .... mind you shows that i hardly take karma away ..:D:D:D

flashy 09-06-2009 13:51

lol i noticed that today Jen, i thought it was funny

shillelagh 09-06-2009 18:08

so did i .. especially as i think we took it off the same person ...:D:D:D

odders 09-06-2009 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 720040)
so did i .. especially as i think we took it off the same person ...:D:D:D

And who is meant to be the child?... Unnecessary comment in my opinion. I was of the understanding that "giving or removing" karma, was something not to be discussed, you just do it because of your own beliefs. It's rather childish to say the above, when most people on here know exactly what your talking about and will have probably done the same. Cut the girl some slack.

The offer of debate is what a local public forum should be all about, not to be put down by a group of people, who seem hell bent on turning everything posted into something negative.

Mancie 09-06-2009 18:56

you tell em odders!..the "big guns" on here got all the karma simply by talking bolloxs over a longer period! :D

Bagpuss 09-06-2009 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 720064)
you tell em odders!..the "big guns" on here got all the karma simply by talking bolloxs over a longer period! :D

Be careful people might start thinking you are Jam Butty using a different name, you're not are you?;):)

Mancie 09-06-2009 19:15

yeah ..you sussed me out and it's time to reveal my true self

http://www.wellcoolstuff.com/Merchan...01/scouser.jpg

AccyLass 09-06-2009 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 720075)
yeah ..you sussed me out and it's time to reveal my true self

http://www.wellcoolstuff.com/Merchan...01/scouser.jpg

He's better looking than I thought :D

So I now know what thought did don't I! It thought wrong ;)

Mancie 09-06-2009 19:22

don't get carried away.. that's Bagpuss passport photo!

AccyLass 09-06-2009 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 720079)
don't get carried away.. that's Bagpuss passport photo!

and here's me thinking he was pink n fluffy! :rolleyes:

Your gonna have to stop ruining my imagination! :p

So much for my good night :D lol

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2009 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 720056)
And who is meant to be the child?... Unnecessary comment in my opinion. I was of the understanding that "giving or removing" karma, was something not to be discussed, you just do it because of your own beliefs. It's rather childish to say the above, when most people on here know exactly what your talking about and will have probably done the same. Cut the girl some slack.

The offer of debate is what a local public forum should be all about, not to be put down by a group of people, who seem hell bent on turning everything posted into something negative.

If you feel that the posts made, were inappropriate, then there is a facility to report those posts.
The moderators will then decide if the posts that you reported were unfair/inappropriate/contravened the rules, and then they will be deleted.

odders 09-06-2009 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 720064)

the only "BIG GUNS" are attached to my shoulders...as Tim Lovejoy would say,

as for the bolloxs, your pretty good at talking it, as I have read over the last couple of days...

Bagpuss 09-06-2009 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 720113)
as for the bolloxs, your pretty good at talking it, as I have read over the last couple of days...

Ha Ha Ha, got you sussed already mancie:)

Bagpuss 09-06-2009 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyLass28 (Post 720082)
and here's me thinking he was pink n fluffy! :rolleyes:

Your gonna have to stop ruining my imagination! :p

So much for my good night :D lol

If you want me to be pink and fluffy then so be it.;):rolleyes:

odders 09-06-2009 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 720106)
If you feel that the posts made, were inappropriate, then there is a facility to report those posts.
The moderators will then decide if the posts that you reported were unfair/inappropriate/contravened the rules, and then they will be deleted.

Using the "REPORT" feature is the last call, other than reporting spam. It is a public forum and people should be able to voice their opinions. I have NO reason to report any post's as yet, I just think some things are best kept in your head than in a public forum.

AccyLass 09-06-2009 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 720116)
If you want me to be pink and fluffy then so be it.;):rolleyes:

Well if ya don't mind..... I like pink n fluffy! :D :p

shillelagh 09-06-2009 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 720056)

sorry it took so long to reply to this odders .... first i was eating my tea, next making a brew, then bringing my washing in and then texting some people and talking to someone on msn.... i know im a woman and i can multitask but when you trying to do all the lot at the same time .. something has to wait ...

so heres my reply ... child ... you have to be 13 to be a member on here ...so there are no children on here. giving karma or taking it away is not to be discussed ... well if you have a nosy round the forum you will find plenty of posts on here saying i'll give you karma for that .. or i cant give you karma but i will do ... iou's flying round aplenty .. Did i say who i deducted karma from? No I could have took it from spuggie or mancie or bagpuss or accylass ... Did flashy say who she took it from? No ... So tell me .. who did i take it from? Second .. who shall i cut some slack .. accylass .. well she dont drink brews ... :D

the offer of debate on a public forum .. yes it is public .. yes it can be a debate .. i dont turn everything into negative ... some i turn into positive.

If you had posted more often on here and you had seen some of my posts then maybe you could take me to task .. but with 29 posts ..... i dont think so ... as you havent been a member here for so long ... why dont you reserve judgement .. until you get to know them ..

AccyLass 09-06-2009 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 720142)
No ... So tell me .. who did i take it from? Second .. who shall i cut some slack .. accylass .. well she dont drink brews ... :D

Be thankful ya'll never have to make me one! ;) :D

Neil 09-06-2009 20:51

I like when you get wound up Jen :D

Neil 09-06-2009 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyLass28 (Post 720146)
Be thankful ya'll never have to make me one! ;) :D

Why do you dribble it down your chin or something :rolleyes::D

shillelagh 09-06-2009 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 720148)
I like when you get wound up Jen :D

thank you neil ..... :D:D:D

AccyLass 09-06-2009 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 720150)
Why do you dribble it down your chin or something :rolleyes::D

Nah... just squirt it out my mouth... at the person who made it me ;)

Mancie 09-06-2009 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 720113)
the only "BIG GUNS" are attached to my shoulders...as Tim Lovejoy would say,

Tim Lovejoy? did he do you up the ass?..I do talk bollox and I will have a good time ****in you up my son!

Neil 09-06-2009 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 720153)
thank you neil ..... :D:D:D

You are most welcome :D

AccyLass 09-06-2009 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 720155)
and who are you? don't talk to me like that...I'll come round your there and headbut you all over the gaff!

Lol!! :D

Nearly spat my wine everywhere!!

That woulda been wasteful :rolleyes:

Neil 09-06-2009 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyLass28 (Post 720154)
Nah... just squirt it out my mouth... at the person who made it me ;)

I hope we are taking about coffee still :confused:

AccyLass 09-06-2009 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 720161)
I hope we are taking about coffee still :confused:

Well I was... you can let ya mind wander all ya want :)

Neil 09-06-2009 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyLass28 (Post 720162)
Well I was... you can let ya mind wander all ya want :)

No thanks, not if you let it squirt out your mouth :p

AccyLass 09-06-2009 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 720164)
No thanks, not if you dribble :p

It was spit... not dribble :p

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2009 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 720118)
Using the "REPORT" feature is the last call, other than reporting spam. It is a public forum and people should be able to voice their opinions. I have NO reason to report any post's as yet, I just think some things are best kept in your head than in a public forum.

Yes, you are right, there are some things best kept in your head......some people will not be of the same opinion, feeling that it is best to 'tell it like it is'.
Everyone monitors their own behaviour. Some just do it better than others. (and I am referring to no-one in particular here).

odders 09-06-2009 21:46

oooohhhhhhhh well between threats of violence and look how many post's you got to me, all I can say is...your a very sad bunch of people. I will no longer be contributing to this thread, but I wont be going away. Nor will I be reporting the threat of violence, cause it is only an internet forum after all. But people are entitled to their own opinions, again YOU LOT show your true colours, and shoot down anyone who dare say anything against the consensus.

goodnight all.

shillelagh 09-06-2009 23:40

so what is my true colours then?

i dont shoot down people .. first of all i dont have a gun second even if you'd seen me shoot a gun then you'd know the safest place is to stand in front of the target .. its anywhere else that you'd be running for your life!!!! who says for you to go away ... theres only two persons who can say that .. .and thats the owner of the website or yourself .. you can be banned for awhile by the mods but thats your own lookout ..

so whats my true colours?

garinda 09-06-2009 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 720118)

It is a forum open to the public, as long as we abide by the rules laid down by the owner.

The same owner who's said on more than one occasion that karma is meant to be a bit of fun, and that he enjoys people's reactions to it.

Well, he's said it when people have started bleating about it in the past.

:)

garinda 09-06-2009 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 720190)
oooohhhhhhhh well between threats of violence and look how many post's you got to me, all I can say is...your a very sad bunch of people. I will no longer be contributing to this thread, but I wont be going away. Nor will I be reporting the threat of violence, cause it is only an internet forum after all. But people are entitled to their own opinions, again YOU LOT show your true colours, and shoot down anyone who dare say anything against the consensus.

goodnight all.

Is 'consensus' the same as Mafia?

Perhaps I might have better luck joining the Accy Web Consensus, because I keep getting my application turned down for the Mafia.

garinda 09-06-2009 23:56

This place is becoming odder and odders.

flashy 09-06-2009 23:59

HAHAHAHA mmmmm this has made me giggle no end, perfect end to a perfect night :D:D:D

garinda 10-06-2009 00:05

Even odder, someone, no names, was defending one of our more immature members, no names again, when she was mouthing off, oop....mean posting, that it was perfectly acceptable to dress up as Madeline McCann at a student party.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...r-44877-3.html

Very gallant.

Deserves karma, that does.

Margaret Pilkington 10-06-2009 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 720190)

goodnight all.

Odders, you talk about childish behaviour, and then you exhibit that behaviour by lumping all of the Accyweb members into one category 'YOU LOT' and name calling (a very sad bunch of people).
And yes, people are entitled to their own opinions, and most of us are independent minded enough to form our own opinions...we don't have to go with the concensus of opinion we make our own. No-one shoots anyone down, we just exercise our right to voice an opinion...if that is different from the one which you hold...then get over it.
As you say it is only and internet forum, not real life.

blazey 10-06-2009 18:12

Because this has been brought to my attention I think I should probably say something.

I don't know who odders is, so he isn't posting at my request to defend me or anything like that. To be honest, I've heard some disgusting things about this forum recently, things which have made a very popular and well loved member not post on here any more.

I am quite happy for you all to criticise me, I expect it. But what I don't like to hear is that people are being offended for no good reason. If that is acceptable behaviour to you, and it is clear that it is for most of you, then I think you should perhaps question your own values and statements before you criticise others.

BERNADETTE 10-06-2009 18:23

I think you should look a bit closer to home to place the blame for offending people. You seem to manage it in nearly every post you make. So maybe you should be questioning your own values instead of preaching to everybody else.

blazey 10-06-2009 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 720388)
I think you should look a bit closer to home to place the blame for offending people. You seem to manage it in nearly every post you make. So maybe you should be questioning your own values instead of preaching to everybody else.

I haven't made any long term members of this forum leave though, and I didn't do it through my own ignorance and fecklessness.

I come on here to wind people up intentionally, I don't always say what I honestly believe, but some people were ignorant enough to really upset someone and probably aren't even aware of how offensive they actually are.

Accrington is a bit of a joke, how can you expect me to take it seriously?

garinda 10-06-2009 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 720386)
I don't know who odders is, so he isn't posting at my request to defend me or anything like that. To be honest, I've heard some disgusting things about this forum recently, things which have made a very popular and well loved member not post on here any more.

Can't remember reading any mournful threads about a ' very popular and well loved member' not posting anymore.

Care to name them?

Then everyone could say a collective apology, and beg them to come back.

Personally I feel a lot of valued members left when this forum was it was hijacked/taken over the other summer by the Jerry Springer Show. Especially the endless parent/child reunion thread, which corect me if I'm wrong contained many threats of violence.

Margaret Pilkington 10-06-2009 18:58

Blazey, what you do is come on here to offend people......you may call it something else, but believe me that is what you do......and what is more you are proud of it.....proud enough to state that that is what you intend to do.
It seems that all of us on here are out of step except you.
You have heard bad things about Accyweb have you? and you believe everything you hear?

And while you may not have made any long term members leave Accyweb(as if that is something to be proud of) you have made enough barbed comments to wound quite a few.
And as for not knowing Odders......who said you did know him?
(methinks the lady doth protest too much)

BERNADETTE 10-06-2009 19:07

I think the long term member Blazey is refering to is Willow (I'm sure she'll correct me if I'm wrong). As for admitting that she comes on here just to "wind people up" I think that says a lot about her mentality. I would feel very sad if I thought that winding people up was a way of relieving my boredom. What a sad thing to admit about yourself!!!!

Gayle 10-06-2009 19:17

I don't think the 'long term member' that Blazey is talking about is Willow - she used 'he' and Willow is not a he.

I think she's refering to a member who studies politics and who was made a moderator then decided to use his new found power to edit some posts that people thought he shouldn't have edited. This caused a big argument and I don't think he's posted since. ;) :D

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...oes-45592.html

Bagpuss 10-06-2009 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 720408)
I think she's refering to a member who studies politics and who was made a moderator then decided to use his new found power to edit some posts that people thought he shouldn't have edited. This caused a big argument and I don't think he's posted since. ;) :D

He also had access to PMs;)

garinda 10-06-2009 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 720408)
I don't think the 'long term member' that Blazey is talking about is Willow - she used 'he' and Willow is not a he.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...oes-45592.html

If you're right, he was much loved, because his mummy loved him.

Gayle 10-06-2009 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 720415)
If you're right, he was much loved, because his mummy loved him.

Oh, yes he was much loved - Blazey said so.