Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2007, 14:52   #1
God Member

Buy Sell Swap Question

Is it not possible to only allow access this section when a new user has posted in the normal forums for a while ?

There seems to be a continous stream of people who only join the forum to peddle their wares and then get abusive if anyone asks them a question or comments about what they are selling.

And before any of them reply to this, I do have a life already
Old 25-07-2007, 16:45   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Buy Sell Swap Question

Dunno if that's possible but it would certainly cut down on the spammers I suppose.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 17:55   #3
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I do have a life already

How much are you asking for it, and are there any pictures?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 17:56   #4
Give, give, give member

Ooops, forgot my smiley........

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 18:08   #5
Resident Waffler

Quote:
I do have a life already
We believe you Dave - now can you convince the Passport Office that Mel has?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 18:29   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
How much are you asking for it, and are there any pictures?

Bog off and get your own
Old 25-07-2007, 21:00   #7
Junior Member+

Quote:
Is it not possible to only allow access this section when a new user has posted in the normal forums for a while ?

There seems to be a continous stream of people who only join the forum to peddle their wares and then get abusive if anyone asks them a question or comments about what they are selling.

And before any of them reply to this, I do have a life already
There's an accyweb member joined rewind just to post his wares,so i know what you mean
Cheekymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2007, 09:26   #8

Quote:
There's an accyweb member joined rewind just to post his wares,so i know what you mean25-07-2007 19:29
Hi Cheeky,

I think Lancsdave is referring to members who sign up just to post ads and then don't contribute anything else at all.

We also take care of any spam postings and actively monitor them. However, we won't know until some time has elapsed whether the member you have referred to has simply joined for this reason. I strongly suspect, and quietly hope, that it's simply his or her first post of many. In either case the member is a very welcome one

Accyweb is a massively successful website and has achieved this because it has a passionate membership who are fiercely proud of their online community. As far as localised online communities go, Accyweb is the trailblazer (by a mile!) and we're all learning lessons from it.

Suz x.
suzster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2007, 11:11   #9
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzster View Post
Hi Cheeky,

I think Lancsdave is referring to members who sign up just to post ads and then don't contribute anything else at all.

We also take care of any spam postings and actively monitor them. However, we won't know until some time has elapsed whether the member you have referred to has simply joined for this reason. I strongly suspect, and quietly hope, that it's simply his or her first post of many. In either case the member is a very welcome one

Accyweb is a massively successful website and has achieved this because it has a passionate membership who are fiercely proud of their online community. As far as localised online communities go, Accyweb is the trailblazer (by a mile!) and we're all learning lessons from it.

Suz x.
i was merely pointing out suz that it just doesnt happen on accyweb,i dont think its a problem dave obviously does,so ill leave it be
Cheekymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..