Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 18:27   #1
Senior Member+

how do i ?

have a moving avatar like panthers?

I have one but it didnt work?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anim-bloody-computer.jpg (4.3 KB, 11 views)

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2008, 06:40   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: how do i ?

If thats the one in your post then its in the wrong file format its in jpg and should be in gif for a start.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:17   #3
Resident Waffler

Did you copy it from elsewhere and save it to your PC?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:20   #4
Senior Member+

yeah........... i have absolutely no idea what i am doing lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 11-07-2008, 08:24   #5
Resident Waffler

You must have saved it as a jpg in which case it will only have saved one frame of the animation. When you do 'save as' or 'save image' you need to change the 'save as type' bar to 'gif' - if it won't give you any options other than jpg or 'all files' choose 'all files' but make sure that in the bar above where it says 'anim-bloody-computer.jpg' that instead of 'jpg' it says 'gif'.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:35   #6
Senior Member+

it works on my pc and says its gif image.............

its gif on my pc but when i try and upload it on here it changes to jpeg

Old 11-07-2008, 10:56   #7
Senior Member+

sorted......Thanks Mick

Old 11-07-2008, 13:39   #8
Resting in Peace

Thanks for bringing that up Emamum. Actually tried to get this particular Avatar on myself at some stage and couldn't, now I know why.

To digress (well, think we have sorted this one out anyway). Couldn't get the 'more' smilies list up through Opera to wish Shill a Happy Birthday. Switched to Firefox and no problem. Have just upgraded Opera ... could this be anything to do with it ? ... still won't work ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 13:44   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Thanks for bringing that up Emamum. Actually tried to get this particular Avatar on myself at some stage and couldn't, now I know why.

To digress (well, think we have sorted this one out anyway). Couldn't get the 'more' smilies list up through Opera to wish Shill a Happy Birthday. Switched to Firefox and no problem. Have just upgraded Opera ... could this be anything to do with it ? ... still won't work ..

seriously??

Old 11-07-2008, 13:50   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
seriously??

Yes, don't think I was going to use it as an Avatar .. Bit gruesome... but fun... LOL. Just a reply to a post. Can't remember who or what though. Probably getting a bit frustrated by someone...
Old 11-07-2008, 13:53   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Yes, don't think I was going to use it as an Avatar .. Bit gruesome... but fun... LOL. Just a reply to a post. Can't remember who or what though. Probably getting a bit frustrated by someone...
bet i wouldn't need 3 guesses.
Old 11-07-2008, 14:07   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
bet i wouldn't need 3 guesses.
Nope .. guess you wouldn't .. tee hee.

Anyway, is anyone else on Opera having the same problem with the smilies ?
Old 11-07-2008, 14:19   #13
Resident Waffler

Aaaargh! wish you'd never got it to work now Em!

Old 11-07-2008, 14:26   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Aaaargh! wish you'd never got it to work now Em!
Hypnotic though isn't it !

Oh hek, Opera not letting me manage any attachments now either

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..