Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2012, 19:05   #121
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Is it happening to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
After spending minutes if not hours making sure you've mispelt everything, what difference in this world do 7 or 8 seconds make?
When you've got the life expectancy that I have Less, a hell of a blood lot mate I can tell you
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2012, 19:33   #122
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Is it happening to you?

Made the mistake of opening Accyweb on Google chrome, it sort of jiggles up and down -very annoying. Gone back to old faithful internet explorer and it doesn't happen...
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 20:32   #123
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
 

Re: Is it happening to you?

Dianne....convert to Firefox........much better that IE.
I know....I took some convincing too, but believe me it is so much better.

Firefox was recommended by Garinda and Cashy.......they did not let me down.
__________________
Always be a little kinder than you need to be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:46   #124
Super Moderator

 
Neil's Avatar
 
Hexxagon Champion!
Popebox Racer Champion!

Re: Is it happening to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Made the mistake of opening Accyweb on Google chrome, it sort of jiggles up and down -very annoying. Gone back to old faithful internet explorer and it doesn't happen...
Chrome is all I use and it works perfectly on AccyWeb
__________________
All comments are my own and not those of any organisation I work for or represent
There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Site Forum Rules/ Site Disclaimer can be seen from this link
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:38   #125
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Is it happening to you?

I'm on E9 thats fine with AccyWeb too
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 09:44   #126
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Is it happening to you?

Just wondering if this happens to anybody else, quite often I'll be typing a post and when I look at the screen, the cursor has jumped back to the text I've already typed in and the last few wards are written in the middle of that text, happens quite a lot, well about once a day and its not just on here, does this happen to anybody else. Mind you this has always happened so its not just this computer its happened on others too
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 10:03   #127
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
 
Stoats Stash Champion!
Tetris Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just wondering if this happens to anybody else, quite often I'll be typing a post and when I look at the screen, the cursor has jumped back to the text I've already typed in and the last few wards are written in the middle of that text, happens quite a lot, well about once a day and its not just on here, does this happen to anybody else. Mind you this has always happened so its not just this computer its happened on others too
Oh, how wonderful, thank you, I shall be smiling for the rest of the day.
The problem is the same one that causes all your spelling mistakes, YOU!

Please don't worry about it, we don't, just carry on regardless we will decipher it somehow.
__________________
“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”

Winnie the Pooh
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 17:28   #128
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Is it happening to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Oh, how wonderful, thank you, I shall be smiling for the rest of the day.
The problem is the same one that causes all your spelling mistakes, YOU!

Please don't worry about it, we don't, just carry on regardless we will decipher it somehow.
No it isn't Less believe me, I'll take credit for spelling mistakes, but sometimes the computer has a mind of its own
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 17:04   #129
Bearded but Sober member

 
Restless's Avatar
 

Re: Is it happening to you?

I have converted to chrome too. I love how it remembers all your saved links and stuff when you sign into google.... and on linux it is now running better than firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Chrome is all I use and it works perfectly on AccyWeb
__________________
We all have to find our own way out
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 11:16   #130
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Is it happening to you?

I can't see any links posted on Accyweb -has been happening for a few days. Even the ones I post myself! Have discovered that if i click on quote then I can see the links -strange to say the least. Any idea why this is happening. Technical advice needed.

Please bear in mind I am a self-taught computer user -so not too technical!

As an afterthought - I can see peoples photos though...
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 12:05   #131
Rest in Peace
 
claytonx's Avatar
 

Re: Is it happening to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Oh, how wonderful, thank you, I shall be smiling for the rest of the day.
The problem is the same one that causes all your spelling mistakes, YOU!

Please don't worry about it, we don't, just carry on regardless we will decipher it somehow.
John, I have that problem,but I find if I move the arrow away say into the top corner of the screen it keeps it out of the way.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 12:26   #132
God Member
 
MargaretR's Avatar
 
Yeti Sports 1- Bloody Pingu Champion!
Re: Is it happening to you?

A possible solution for Jaysay -

Big Keys Keyboards - Get the latest Big Key Keyboards at Low Prices

"The Big Keys range is a special range for individuals with visual impairments or learning difficulties. Through years of scientific research, Big Keys have produced a range of products which assist people with a variety of difficulties through the use of colour keys and large key sizing. The key size on these large key keyboards is 1 inch squared."
__________________



MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 13:27   #133
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
Re: Is it happening to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
A possible solution for Jaysay -

Big Keys Keyboards - Get the latest Big Key Keyboards at Low Prices

"The Big Keys range is a special range for individuals with visual impairments or learning difficulties. Through years of scientific research, Big Keys have produced a range of products which assist people with a variety of difficulties through the use of colour keys and large key sizing. The key size on these large key keyboards is 1 inch squared."
Don't think its sod all to do wi key size,to be honest.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 13:50   #134
God Member
 
MargaretR's Avatar
 
Yeti Sports 1- Bloody Pingu Champion!
Re: Is it happening to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Don't think its sod all to do wi key size,to be honest.
Sometimes my typing gets a 'glitch' and I found that it happened when I accidentally touched one of those obscure keys that I don't use much - such as 'Alt' or 'Crtl'. I never took the trouble to find out what all the keyboard keys did. The F keys are a complete mystery to me.
__________________



MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 14:23   #135
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
Re: Is it happening to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Sometimes my typing gets a 'glitch' and I found that it happened when I accidentally touched one of those obscure keys that I don't use much - such as 'Alt' or 'Crtl'. I never took the trouble to find out what all the keyboard keys did. The F keys are a complete mystery to me.
I also aint the remotest idea what those keys are or they do.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:28.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.36351 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1