Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2004, 14:16   #1

Question Karma?

How do I turn my karma off? I seem to have only 8 karma yet I haven't done anything bad so I want to turn it off.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2004, 14:29   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Karma?

I don't think you can turn your karma off, Roy would know or maybe one of the moderators.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 14:37   #3
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS
How do I turn my karma off? I seem to have only 8 karma yet I haven't done anything bad so I want to turn it off.
Don't worry about it Anthony, Last month I had 23 points, now I've 15. I might have deserved to loose some but the rest went because I had an opinion. So be it. The points demonstrate the response of other individuals to your post or general manner on the site, you will loose them for P***ing people off. Keep an eye on mine I’ll be down there with you before long……………

Private Message - “Burnley, come what’s keeping you”
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 15:48   #4
Member.

See what I mean..............hehehehehehe
Old 14-08-2004, 16:18   #5
Roy
Administrator

Doug, I would worry about it if I was you. Going negative automaticaly disables your posting/chatting/arcade access. By the way, you have to spread your karma around and so must issue karma to at least 10 other people before you can get the same person again. It's about time I posted the full karma system.. I'll look into it now.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 16:25   #6
Member.

Extremely good point there Roy. I’ll mend my way’s.
Old 14-08-2004, 18:22   #7

ye right!!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 20:17   #8
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Extremely good point there Roy. I’ll mend my way’s.
Doug if someone wants to get you they will, so what's the point of posting something that maybe not everbody will agree with. If you do you loose your karma points your off and there's no way back but at least you will have made your point, don't you agree Wingy ???

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 20:23   #9
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Doug if someone wants to get you they will, so what's the point of posting something that maybe not everbody will agree with. If you do you loose your karma points your off and there's no way back but at least you will have made your point, don't you agree Wingy ???
Of that I have no doubt my friend, has mush as I may regret it I can only be what I am, If a few choose to force me off there's nothing I can do. Apart from being a little opinionated what have I done so wrong?
Old 14-08-2004, 20:23   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Doug if someone wants to get you they will
Hows that then??
I agree about making your point, but Karma cannot just be issued willie nillie, as such. There are limits of how much you can give, so if it goes down fast then i would assume that that person is upsetting many people..

People work for money!
Old 14-08-2004, 20:39   #11
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGY
Hows that then??
I agree about making your point, but Karma cannot just be issued willie nillie, as such. There are limits of how much you can give, so if it goes down fast then i would assume that that person is upsetting many people..
Ok so it might take a while to do but it can be done and then the person with minus karma has gone, that can't be right in my book.
I also think that if everyone agreed and we where all friends it would make for some very boring threads.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 20:46   #12

I totaly agree that debates etc keep a message board alive, this is why the Karma system relies on people being mature and dishing out both good and bad karma.
We used to have a system in place before karma and it was abused. A shame really.

My only suggestion to anybody with low karma, think of things that might keep people happy or cheer people up and the karma will come back.
For example Tealeaf (sorry T ) he has many debates and often upsets people but look at his )was high last time i looked anyway).
Come to think of it mine isnt too good!! EEK i'm off to tell some jokes

People work for money!
Old 14-08-2004, 20:48   #13
Resident Waffler

Am I reading this right? Someone with negative Karma can only read the board and not contribute to it? That would give them precious little opportunity of regaining their Karma again. It does seem a bit unfair. It only needs a few people to disagree with a point and that member is virtually gagged.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 20:52   #14

Before jumping to any conclusions wait for Roy to publish the rules! As he said earlier today that he would.

That is unless anyone already knows them?

People work for money!
Old 14-08-2004, 21:35   #15
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy
Going negative automaticaly disables your posting/chatting/arcade access.
I was just going off what Roy said in that part of his post.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
« gallery | Chatroom »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..