Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2007, 13:14   #1

My posts go missing

How come everytime i decided to post they are removed..could it be im not part n parcel of the clique on here
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-09-2007, 13:20   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: My posts go missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly_45 View Post
How come everytime i decided to post they are removed..could it be im not part n parcel of the clique on here
Perhaps, something you wrote was offensive or perhaps you are looking in the wrong place for what you did post, though, before you start down the road of accusing accyweb of having a clique it might have been more polite to P.M. one of the mods and ask their advice?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2007, 14:15   #3
Len
God Member

It doesn’t appear that any of your posts have been removed.
Have a look here and see if you can find what you’re looking for.

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2007, 15:05   #4
Resident Waffler

Polly, are you certain you haven't accidentally clicked 'preview post' instead of 'submit reply' and thought your post was posted when it wasn't? I've done that a couple of times.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2007, 15:34   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yer must be doing summat wrong polly i just found all yer posts no problem,as for the " CLIQUE" get a life.
Old 16-09-2007, 22:12   #6
God Member

Actually she is right about her post going missing... but not about the clique!!

She started a thread about colin mcrae's tragic death after there was already one started and I'm guessing a moderator deleted it due to it duplicating...However, it would have took a simple pm from the mod in question to polly to explain where it had gone

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2007, 22:24   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Actually she is right about her post going missing... but not about the clique!!

She started a thread about colin mcrae's tragic death after there was already one started and I'm guessing a moderator deleted it due to it duplicating...However, it would have took a simple pm from the mod in question to polly to explain where it had gone
that could well be the case red, but she did say Everytime i decided to post. not the one, so i still say get a life.
Old 17-09-2007, 05:09   #8
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post

OK, I'm going to risk the wrath of mods - would it be possible to merge the threads rather than delete them?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 21:01   #9
Give, give, give member

In another thread in this section, on this question one of the mods said this...

'having said this the mod who edits or deletes a post should also pm the member with an explanation of the reasons for the action.'
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...sts-56966.html

Can I just point out this does not happen.

It would be very helpful if it did.

Members would then know the reason why, and hopefully this would prevent them posting similar things in the future.

Thus saving forum members from wasting their time posting things likely to be deleted, and hopefully save the moderators time, because no repeat infringements will be made.

Thank you.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 22:25   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Sometimes I pm people sometimes I dont. It depends what is was, how busy I am and if I can be bothered getting into an arguement with somone who does not agree with me removing something.
Which happens.
Swearing just goes without a pm.
Old 11-09-2011, 22:56   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Sometimes I pm people sometimes I dont. It depends what is was, how busy I am and if I can be bothered getting into an arguement with somone who does not agree with me removing something.
Which happens.
Swearing just goes without a pm.
Ok thanks.

Though I just wondered why one moderator said a pm should be sent if posts are deleted, and this isn't being carried out.

It's a little hard for members to guess as to why a thread/post has been deleted, especially if there was definitely no swear words involved.

Presumably if members are informed why a post was deleted they won't do it again.

Thus saving themselves, and the moderators wasted time in the future.

Plus, once people know why a post was deleted, they might decide to help the forum run more smoothly in the future.

By helpfully reporting every other single thread on Accy Web that has broken the same rule.

Old 11-09-2011, 22:58   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
if I can be bothered getting into an arguement
Good job you didn't choose to go into the law as a career.

Well, unless you were defending the other side.

Old 11-09-2011, 23:03   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I wish it was so simple.
Some things are left to run even if they do bend the rules a little. It always was one of the things that made this site good.

Some go to far and things get cleaned up. Most people know what is ok and what is not and I do pm people but not always. Sorry if I do miss pm'ing people sometimes but I am busy outside of here sometimes and I always answer my pm's as soon as I can if anyone wants to ask anything.
Old 11-09-2011, 23:10   #14
Give, give, give member

Thanks for the reply.

Seeing as members have no idea who deletes any posts, it would leave them wondering why on occasion posts are removed, if they aren't informed as to why.

Not a criticism, more curious, why what was said was done, isn't.

No big deal.

Thanks again.

Old 11-09-2011, 23:19   #15
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Its because I am lazy and useless.
Time to close my eyes now and count those sheep to make sure no Yorkshire men are abusing them.

If you are from Yorkshire and find my comment offensive, I dont care

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..