Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2009, 22:13   #1
God Member

New Paragraph indents

Just curious as to why when posting to a thread it is not possible to have the mesage appear as typed. Its not possible to 'indent' a new paragraph , or at least have the paragraph /sentance begin on the next line as typed . Thanks also the smilies on the right don't seem to be working
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-01-2009, 22:31   #2
God Member

Re: New Paragraph indents

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Just curious as to why when posting to a thread it is not possible to have the mesage appear as typed. Its not possible to 'indent' a new paragraph , or at least have the paragraph /sentance begin on the next line as typed . Thanks also the smilies on the right don't seem to be working
Steeljack, if you click the icon when replying to a thread, some indent tags appear. Typing within them will ensure that you have an indented paragraph like this one. Give it a go.
As for the smilies, they appear to work? They only appear as smilies after you press 'submit reply' or 'preview post' though. Until then they will just be text codes.
Old 07-01-2009, 23:48   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ya mean these smilies mate?; ):enou gh:
Old 08-01-2009, 00:28   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ya mean these smilies mate?; ):enou gh:

yep those , and now they are working , no idea why it happens , happens fairly often , usually when using the 'quote' button .

andrewb wrote ....They only appear as smilies after you press 'submit reply' or 'preview post' though. Until then they will just be text codes.

not in my case , they pop-up in the message as soon as I click on them , either partway typing thru a message or at the end very rare I use the preview post button
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:00   #5
God Member

My bad, must be my browser.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:21   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
My bad, must be my browser.
It seems to differ with which section of the site you're placing the post in, sometimes the smilie appears straight away in others it's the address of the smilie that appears, always best to preview the post before submitting it gives you an idea how it will look for others and in my case lets you see the blindingly obvious mistakes that can be made.

By the way is it spelt smilie or smiley?
I can never decide which is right.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:07   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Steeljack, if you click the icon when replying to a thread, some indent tags appear. Typing within them will ensure that you have an indented paragraph like this one. Give it a go.

Yeah, but that indents the entire paragraph. How would you indent jus the first line without indenting the entire pargraph? You know like how you would write a letter or a paper?
cardsfan308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 23:41   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
always best to preview the post before submitting it gives you an idea how it will look for others and in my case lets you see the blindingly obvious mistakes that can be made.

By the way is it spelt smilie or smiley?
I can never decide which is right.

I've never done that, though I might start now with this post.

I'll still probably miss a howler until later, when the edit button's timed out.

Last edited by garinda; 08-02-2009 at 23:44.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 23:43   #9
Give, give, give member

Wow, it worked, and only took a second.

Less haste more speed.

Thanks Less.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 21:25   #10
Resting in Peace

My smilies don't work in the more section - Have to right click and refresh.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..