Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2011, 12:03   #316
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Power - Karma

I think you may have got the red stuff for lapsing into a foreign language......it does contravene forum rules.
I always sign mine, and I always give myself at least an hour to mull over whether I am being fair or not.....if I still feel after an hour that the post deserves red stuff then I give it and sign it I want the person receiving it to know who and why.
I know Karma doesn't mean anything very much....you can't spend it, it won't pay the gas or the electric.....but yet! Anyway I even thank the people who give me red stuff....it shows that my post was read, and provoked a response......which is good for the forum.
__________________
We are fast approaching a time of ultimate inversion.
A time where governments can do anything they want, but where citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2011, 12:27   #317
Senior Member
 

Re: Power - Karma

Just been told what the initials stand for. Thanks, M!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 12:38   #318
Resting In Peace
 
susie123's Avatar
 

Re: Power - Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I also gave my first ever dose of red karma to someone last week - with explanation, username and real name -never expected to ever send any to be honest but was pretty angry about something I read and it was an instant reaction.
Lo and behold a short time later that day I received some back for the first time too - i don't know how many points I got deducted and haven't worked out how you can verify who sent it, despite G's explanation to Susie on this thread...no nasty words but no signature which I think is pretty cowardly. Wrote to Neil about it as the person said i had broken forum rules so was a tad anxious about reprisals but he told me just to ignore whoever it was -which i did...(Thanks again Neil!) I wasn't bothered about receiving the red stuff -just the fact that it was done in a snide way. If you think someone deserves it then at least have the strenghth of your own conviction to sign it when you send it...
Wow Mobertol you've been on here four years and only just had your first red karma? It only took me three weeks. You must be a much nicer person than me!!
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 12:39   #319
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Lo and behold a short time later that day I received some back for the first time too
That is exactly the reason you don't have tp sign karma, not just the red stuff but also the green as well, there is nothing worse to me than someone just giving karma tit for tat, Ooh he/she gave me karma must do the same, pathetic!
Under no circumstamces is it cowardly not to sign it, if you have given it right then that will often infuriate the receiver into guessing who gave it to them, then with their petty revenge they remove karma from their suspected culprit, (and of course they sign it because they are better than that person,(not)). Oh how I laugh at their high horse antics when they make the mistake of wrongly accusing me, do I tjen reciprocate? Nah, they've just proved themselves unworthy of a reaction.

Hey Mr. Mod any way of posting this anonomously?
I have a fear of the red stuff this might bring me, both signed & unsigned.
__________________
“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”
Winnie the Pooh
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 12:52   #320
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Power - Karma

Less, Karma means nothing...and you know that...You in fear of red karma??????
Now that is funny.
Just because some members play the tit for tat game doesn't mean that everyone does it.
__________________
We are fast approaching a time of ultimate inversion.
A time where governments can do anything they want, but where citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 12:59   #321
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Power - Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Wow Mobertol you've been on here four years and only just had your first red karma? It only took me three weeks. You must be a much nicer person than me!!
Join date 4 yrs ago - then dropped out till this summer! Since then there's no stopping me ( verbal diahorrea!) - we have a scientific training in common by the way.

I joined originally to play the Accywebbers quiz against my mum (Aromaanne).

Have made some good friends on here and there's always something interesting to research or read...don't just stick to nostalgia and don't be scared to write what comes to you naturally because of what happened - I cringe at some of the things i've written sometimes -have learned it's best not to go back and read things! Just be yourself and you'll find lots of others with common interests and ties.

I know there's a thread about what you're reading at the moment but have been trying to work out if there was some way to start up a sort of book club on here - i love reading and it would be nice to be able to talk about books to other people... (Margaret is a big reader too I believe...) perhaps it's something to think about.

Keep posting!
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 12:59   #322
Administrator


 
Neil's Avatar
 
Asteroids Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!
Castle Defender Champion!
Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Power - Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If I remember rightly Jambutty used to get his knickers in a twist about unsigned red
I do miss him, it was so much fun giving him unsigned red, like a double kick in the backside


That of course was before I had my brain removed and became a moderator, I would never get involved in such petty things any more, well not as often as I used to
__________________
Site Forum Rules/ Site Disclaimer can be seen from this link
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 13:02   #323
Administrator


 
Neil's Avatar
 
Asteroids Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!
Castle Defender Champion!
Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Power - Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
How does reputation power relate to karma? Is there an idiot's guide to all this? You see I'm a scientist, I like to find things out.

Haha, I like how you ask garinda for an idiots guide, you know him so well already
__________________
Site Forum Rules/ Site Disclaimer can be seen from this link
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 13:13   #324
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Power - Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
That is exactly the reason you don't have tp sign karma, not just the red stuff but also the green as well, there is nothing worse to me than someone just giving karma tit for tat, Ooh he/she gave me karma must do the same, pathetic!
Under no circumstamces is it cowardly not to sign it, if you have given it right then that will often infuriate the receiver into guessing who gave it to them, then with their petty revenge they remove karma from their suspected culprit, (and of course they sign it because they are better than that person,(not)). Oh how I laugh at their high horse antics when they make the mistake of wrongly accusing me, do I tjen reciprocate? Nah, they've just proved themselves unworthy of a reaction.

Hey Mr. Mod any way of posting this anonomously?
I have a fear of the red stuff this might bring me, both signed & unsigned.
Dearest Less -where have you been? Lost in Boloxnia perhaps...

No red karma from me for this, am so glad to hear from you again - did you receive the green I sent you a while back - cried myself to sleep when it wasn't returned Naughty,naughty...

Must go, my friend Gina Loopybrigida needs her daily airing - it is so hard being the most beautiful woman in the world -but someone has to do it.... I know you are a fan for sure....
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 13:16   #325
Resting In Peace
 
susie123's Avatar
 

Re: Power - Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Join date 4 yrs ago - then dropped out till this summer! Since then there's no stopping me ( verbal diahorrea!) - we have a scientific training in common by the way.

I joined originally to play the Accywebbers quiz against my mum (Aromaanne).

Have made some good friends on here and there's always something interesting to research or read...don't just stick to nostalgia and don't be scared to write what comes to you naturally because of what happened - I cringe at some of the things i've written sometimes -have learned it's best not to go back and read things! Just be yourself and you'll find lots of others with common interests and ties.

I know there's a thread about what you're reading at the moment but have been trying to work out if there was some way to start up a sort of book club on here - i love reading and it would be nice to be able to talk about books to other people... (Margaret is a big reader too I believe...) perhaps it's something to think about.

Keep posting!
Yes I had noticed you posting fairly often in the three weeks I have been a member - and wondered how you'd amassed less than a thousand posts. Good luck with the book club idea though it's not really my thing - I like reading but not really keen on discussing books.

There's no way I'll let this put me off posting - I started with nostalgia because I'm interested in local history and had a lot to say - so watch out everyone!

Cheers

Sue

PS would be interested to know more about your science background - not many people admit to having one! Pm me if you like.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 13:19   #326
God Member
 
MargaretR's Avatar
 

Re: Power - Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Dearest Less -where have you been? Lost in Boloxnia perhaps...

No red karma from me for this, am so glad to hear from you again - did you receive the green I sent you a while back - cried myself to sleep when it wasn't returned Naughty,naughty...

Must go, my friend Gina Loopybrigida needs her daily airing - it is so hard being the most beautiful woman in the world -but someone has to do it.... I know you are a fan for sure....
That is the most hilarious post I've seen in a while
I can't decide whether you are being sarcastic to our resident misogynist, or whether you are just misguided.
Either way - thanks for the chuckle.
__________________



MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 13:26   #327
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Power - Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
That is the most hilarious post I've seen in a while
I can't decide whether you are being sarcastic to our resident misogynist, or whether you are just misguided.
Either way - thanks for the chuckle.
Love Less to bits Margaret he's just so..... well..... Less!

(PS No-one loves women more than Less..... What sarcasm?)
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 14-11-2011 at 13:29.
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 13:29   #328
Give, give, give member
 
garinda's Avatar
 

Re: Power - Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Wow Mobertol you've been on here four years and only just had your first red karma? It only took me three weeks. You must be a much nicer person than me!!
Pah.

I laugh in both your faces.

It took your's truly three whole minutes.

__________________
'If you're going to be a Kant, be the very best Kant there is my son.'
Johann Georg Kant, father of Immanuel Kant, philosopher.






garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 13:29   #329
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Power - Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
That is the most hilarious post I've seen in a while
I can't decide whether you are being sarcastic to our resident misogynist, or whether you are just misguided.
Either way - thanks for the chuckle.
Everyone should have one good laugh every day.
__________________
We are fast approaching a time of ultimate inversion.
A time where governments can do anything they want, but where citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 13:30   #330
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Dearest Less -where have you been? Lost in Boloxnia perhaps...
I've not been on out of sympathy for Bee, I told him let me know as soon as your ban is lifted and I'll start posting again.
The little shishter never got in touch and has been posting for a fortnight!
__________________
“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”
Winnie the Pooh
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
karma

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:10.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 4.17487 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1