Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 09:59   #376
God Member

Re: Power - Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Which to my mind,yeh are being as childish n petty,as the person yeh stated did this, can understand yeh having the hump,but taking yer ball home is just as childish. imho.
I think the karma system is childish.
You can all keep your ball.
I choose not to play - as is my right.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-12-2011, 10:06   #377
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
It sure is you cart on.:rofl38 :
Old 02-12-2011, 10:27   #378
Resting in Peace

I think the thing that annoys me more is people who DON'T sign green Kalma, as you can't thank them, I usually look at my karma list a couple of times a week and offer thanks accordingly, I've received two recently unnamed but thanks anyway, as for red I gave over bothering ever since Jambutty made a song and dance about it
Old 02-12-2011, 10:56   #379
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
There are times, (at least once a day), when I wish you chose the same for the rest of AccyWeb.

(Where's that wall the humourless old so & so will be bitching again).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 13:32   #380
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think the thing that annoys me more is people who DON'T sign green Kalma, as you can't thank them, I usually look at my karma list a couple of times a week and offer thanks accordingly, I've received two recently unnamed but thanks anyway, as for red I gave over bothering ever since Jambutty made a song and dance about it
I don't sign the karma I give because I don't want anyone to feel obliged to give some back...I'm like an anonymous benefactor!!! I've never yet given any red karma, I'd have to be REALLY upset for that.
I don't even know when I get karma (green or red) I just notice that the score changes - am I right in thinking that you only know if you've received some if the giver sends a message with it?
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 13:50   #381
Beacon of light

If you go to your profile page, the Karma that you have received will be under the threads you are currently subscribed to.......Red is negative, grey means the person who gave it hasn't built up much rep yet, green is the stuff that boost your own rep.

I do not give Karma to get it back from the person I gave it to....I give it if and when I feel that the poster has made a point that is interesting/valid/or in line with what I think about the subject myself.

I have only give 8 'portions' of negative Karma in seven years of being a member.
I never give the red stuff unless the poster really warrants it(and I usually think it over before giving it).......never for just a difference of opinion......more often for posts that are unreadable due to bad english.
I like Karma to be signed(personal taste), but only so that I can acknowledge it with thanks to the person who gave it to me
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 13:59   #382
Full Member+

Thanks, Margaret. I didn't know you could do that - first time I've seen that page!
Old 02-12-2011, 14:12   #383
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
I don't sign the karma I give because I don't want anyone to feel obliged to give some back...I'm like an anonymous benefactor!!! I've never yet given any red karma, I'd have to be REALLY upset for that.
I don't even know when I get karma (green or red) I just notice that the score changes - am I right in thinking that you only know if you've received some if the giver sends a message with it?
Steve, click on my profile, a page will come up showing when you got karma and any messages with it. It still comes up even if not signed - I know, I have got 2 lots, ?possibly one of them from you?
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 14:13   #384
Beacon of light

I am always happy to help(when I can, that is).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 14:48   #385
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Steve, click on my profile, a page will come up showing when you got karma and any messages with it. It still comes up even if not signed - I know, I have got 2 lots, ?possibly one of them from you?
For some reason I've never clicked on the My Profile tab before. You've only been on here 2 minutes and you know more than me!! I occasionally put a message like "There you go..." but not sign it. Usually I don't even bother with a message.....I've probably given you lots, haha!
Old 02-12-2011, 15:02   #386
Resting In Peace

Quote:
For some reason I've never clicked on the My Profile tab before. You've only been on here 2 minutes and you know more than me!! I occasionally put a message like "There you go..." but not sign it. Usually I don't even bother with a message.....I've probably given you lots, haha!
I'm so vain, I click on it every day! Actually just like looking at that little dog in my profile picture.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 18:55   #387
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I didn't know where karma was posted for a while when I first joined, think it was cashy who pointed me in the right direction, so he is useful for some things
Old 17-04-2012, 17:47   #388
Senior Member+

I have a Green Karma that says N/A under thread and nothing in the comment box. from 12-04-2012 21:30 thanks to whoever gave it to me

Does this mean the thread was deleted and/or the member banned ???
Old 17-04-2012, 17:52   #389
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I have a Green Karma that says N/A under thread and nothing in the comment box. from 12-04-2012 21:30 thanks to whoever gave it to me

Ya know Restless the N/A obviously stands for not applicable, but I've had that and ain't a clue where it came from
Old 17-04-2012, 17:54   #390
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post

I had something similar recently and yes the thread was deleted but I don't think the person who gave me the karma was banned - can't say for certain as the K was unsigned.

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..