Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2008, 00:03   #1
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Problems After Upgrade

Sometimes when I click "Quick Links" then "Todays Posts" I get this message

Quote:
This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 10 seconds.
This is even when I have not done a search or even clicked anything for more than 10 Seconds
Old 21-05-2008, 00:07   #2
God Member

Re: Problems After Upgrade

Mine was doing that yesterday but has settled down. Maybe it is teething troubles
Old 21-05-2008, 00:09   #3
God Member

Mine were doing that before the upgrade
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 06:06   #4
God Member

does it for me as well, mainly at work when using Internet Explorer.

I also find it takes an age to paint each screen, far slower than the old site. Again tested at more than one location to rule out teh actual connection

some games in the arcade don't load properly or take an age to start.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 09:22   #5

got a problem when going on general chat or other things its takes ages to come on screen since the upgrade
pam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 09:35   #6
Roy
Administrator

I can't repeat these problems. I've even booted into windows and tried internet explorer and the pages load near enough instantly. Please describe the problems in more detail...In the status bar is it trying to connect to something?
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 09:52   #7
Resting in Peace

Well i am not having any problems with any of the site its running fine and games are all working and submitting scores
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 09:54   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Sometimes when I click "Quick Links" then "Todays Posts" I get this message

This is even when I have not done a search or even clicked anything for more than 10 Seconds
Mine was doing that way before the upgrade & not too bothered about the slightly slower page load as it probably has a lot more to load up that the previous one with more stuff on it, so pleased Roy

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 11:23   #9
God Member

Roy, tried on Opera, Firefox and IE. definately slower on Opera (Particularly seems to freeze with one image to load), Firefox seems to wait a while after the status bar has loaded before painting the screen(I get a dark grey blank screen, basically the background for anything up to 5 seconds). IE(only 6 as I only have IE at work) does teh same as firefox. i.e. it displays teh grey screen but seems to pause before painting the content. I have also had it stop on this and have to go back and re-click the link.

On a matter of games, I worked out that if you press "Back" to return from submitting a score you can play teh game but it doesn't submit the score. teh only way to guarantee teh score is to follow links in the actual forum.

Can you add the theme selection back in so thjose of us who like the blue ( thinking Cyfr, Jaysay etc ) don't have to have look at RED.
I could also use it easier on my mobile as i recall there was a mobile theme.

Old 21-05-2008, 11:40   #10
Roy
Administrator

Which image is it waiting to load? Is it a javascript file? I still cannot repeat any problems with any browsers and using 2 different internet connections as well as tunneling in from somewhere else as well. If I give you an SSH login to another box can you tunnel in and try it then? PM me for the login.
The blue theme was insecure and doesn't have the extras, and I don't have time to update 2 themes.
Old 21-05-2008, 12:20   #11
God Member

Not sure, as it doesn't seem to be a particular one thats visible. unfortunately I can't tell if its javascript or not as I can't log from here teh requests(although, thinking about it I 'could' install squid and proxy it through that which should give me the ability to track the individual requests.

fair enough about teh themes, I'll play with squid and let you know how I get on with that.

Old 21-05-2008, 12:32   #12
Roy
Administrator

If your currently on windows then install safari and open the Activity window, this will show you connections and what it is struggling with.
Old 21-05-2008, 16:36   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
does it for me as well, mainly at work when using Internet Explorer.

I also find it takes an age to paint each screen, far slower than the old site. Again tested at more than one location to rule out teh actual connection

some games in the arcade don't load properly or take an age to start.
Mines the same in Spain..........very slow using IE

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 17:05   #14
God Member

I have started using Firefox as recommended, and find it faster than Internet Explorer but still slower page loading than before the changes

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 17:09   #15
Resident Waffler

Mine is a snail's pace but I put that down to Bulldog our ISP which is absolute rubbish at the moment.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..