Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2016, 08:49   #1

Some New Sections, please

We would like to suggest some new sections to the Forum. These suggestions are based on what subjects we would make interesting chat about so as to entertain.

We would like a section on cooking; a section on arts & crafts for knitting & sewing and painting (as in painting landscapes & town scenes); and a section on reading & books please.
sheila and barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2016, 09:07   #2

Re: Some New Sections, please

Hi Sheila and Barry. Just a suggestion. It's easy to start a thread about any topic that is of interest to you if there isn't already a section covering it, people with similar interests will soon join in. Or maybe write a blog about your interests.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 09:27   #3

Thanks for your suggestions, Dotti.

If me and my husband can't prise some new sections out of admin then that could be the way to go instead.
Old 16-01-2016, 11:32   #4
Beacon of light

It isn't a case of prising new sections out of the admin.
You will find that if you put some of these topics into the hobbies section, those who have similar interests will post to them.
Many new folks come on and post a couple of posts and then they disappear without a trace.
It might also be a good idea if you introduce yourselves(if you have not already done so).Tell us what drew you to accyweb, if you have connections to the area....a little bit about yourselves...including your interests.
flashy and dotti34 like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 14:52   #5
Senior Member+

It's nice to introduce yourselves first. Welcome to the nuthouse .
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2016, 07:15   #6
Resting in Peace

Welcome to the site
once you have introduced yourself if you click on Community at the top you will see a section called Social Groups you can start your own section in there
by the way there is already a cooking section in there to get you started enjoy

Last edited by Mick; 17-01-2016 at 07:17.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2016, 08:10   #7

Sheila; We're not new to the forum. We first joined with the username of 'Pompeylass' under Barry's email. This new account is with my email. I changed it because I got bored with the username, and 'Accylass' was already taken.

I was born (in Charter Street) and bred in Accrington, and am related to the Southworth's of tripe fame. But through my ill health we moved South, to Hampshire, where its warmer and drier. I suffer from the rheumatics.

Barry; Originally I'm from Portsmouth, and I moved to Accrington in the 70's to buy an affordable house. We met at Hyndburn Cabs where we both worked, me being a driver, Sheila being the operator.

Her catchphrase on the phone was "Hello, Sheila's Wheels"

Thanks Mick! We couldn't see anywhere on the site for 'cooking' until you pointed us in the right direction. Great! We'd never found it in a month of Sunday's.

Thanks too to Margaret and Max for the welcome.

We're gonna share this username, so you get two people for the price of one.
Old 17-01-2016, 10:11   #8
Beacon of light

I like the bogof rationale
Old 17-01-2016, 10:53   #9

Barry; I didn't realise how many closets and cubbyholes there are in this forum. I've spent the morning exploring, instead of just clicking on 'New Posts' and 'Today's Posts' on the main page.

Glad you liked that, Margaret. It's harder to argue with two people. We might even disagree in our own posts yet.

Sheila; The main pages seem to be all interaction about football, illegal parking, photography and various word-association games. Not everyone's cup of tea.

We are gonna do some more exploring now, before we start posting in ernest.
Old 17-01-2016, 12:12   #10
Beacon of light

Yes, you are right about disagreeing with two people.......You know, the general bit of the forum doesn't have to be just about the things you mention, but it IS the section that most people look at so if you want the best'coverage' or more looks... that is the place you would post....and you can post issues of general interest there... so if the general bit of the forum(the bit that gets most looks) has nothng in it that appeals to you.....change it! Post something that will generate some interest in what floats your boat.

As for the photography thread...it is probably the most pleasant thread to look at. It covers a wide range of interests.
It will give you a look around our own area...courtesy of Davemac the intrepid but damp photographer.
You will also find pics of interesting places, people and things and some adorable puppies.

Accyweb is a treasure trove of wonderment....just waiting for you to add some sparkling gems.
Old 17-01-2016, 15:58   #11
Senior Member+

No Lancashire town has a website which comes anywhere near accyweb. I say that not because of my interest in Accy, but because of my having seen and joined other sites
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2016, 16:38   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

There you go! As you can see, this particular thread is starting to develop a life of its own, all part of the charm & vagaries of AW.
Old 17-01-2016, 18:22   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It might also be a good idea if you introduce yourselves(if you have not already done so).Tell us what drew you to accyweb, if you have connections to the area....a little bit about yourselves...including your interests.

Welcome..................
Not that Margaret is nosey..she is just err,,,
Nosey
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 19:25   #14
God Member

Waste o' time these taxis, always late. You'd think they'd driven all the way from pawtsmuff the time it takes them to get here.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 20:40   #15
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Welcome..................
Not that Margaret is nosey..she is just err,,,
Nosey
I prefer the term curious...and it is always good to have some kind of introduction.
It helps paint a mental picture of the poster......it might be abstract, but it is still a picture.
DtheP47 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..