Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 16:31   #1
Senior Member+

Spell check?

Although I get a red underlined warning when I make a spelling mistake(often) I have to go on Word processor or somewhere to find the correct spelling.
Can it be done on Accyweb itself? I can't find it and I can't find a thread which tells me! Hope someone can point me in the right direction and if it's obvious please don't shout at me.
Thanks.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 04-02-2012 at 16:35.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-02-2012, 16:36   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Spell check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Although I get a red underlined warning when I make a spelling mistake(often) I have to go on Word processor or somewhere to find the correct spelling.
Can it be done on Accyweb itself? I can't find it and I can't find a thread which tells me!
Thanks.
I tend to right click the mouse while resting the cursor on the offending word & you get a drop down list of options Gordon (well it does for me) then you take your pick of a suitable word.
Old 04-02-2012, 16:48   #3
Senior Member+

Well I'll be !!!! I suspected there might be an easy answer. The time I've spent opening up word processor !
Thanks DiG.
Old 04-02-2012, 16:48   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I tend to right click the mouse while resting the cursor on the offending word & you get a drop down list of options Gordon (well it does for me) then you take your pick of a suitable word.
Same fer me, Happen it depends which spell checker yeh use? I use after the deadline.
Old 04-02-2012, 16:51   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Thanks DiG.
No worries.
Old 04-02-2012, 18:20   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Same fer me, Happen it depends which spell checker yeh use? I use after the deadline.
What's the 'deadline' cashman?
Old 04-02-2012, 19:34   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Think he means the edit facility when you post something.
Old 04-02-2012, 20:59   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
The spell checker is called "After The Deadline" Gordon, yeh type yer post n then do a spell check, it underlines what yeh need to check. right click on the line n it gives yeh alternatives, hope that explains? Before yeh post it right click n option fer spell check is on list.
Old 04-02-2012, 22:42   #9

I copied this several months ago but can't remember from where. It might have been from this site! Anyway, it highlights the pitfalls of relying on spell checkers.

SPELL CHECKERS

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin not sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight for it two say
Weather Eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
Eye am shore your pleased two no.
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:54   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Can it be done on Accyweb itself? I can't find it and I can't find a thread which tells me! Hope someone can point me in the right direction and if it's obvious please don't shout at me.
Thanks.
I use Google spell check, I down load the google toolbar which includes the spellcheck, all you do when you've finished your post is click on check then Auto Fix, it then fixes any mistakes highlighting in green if its not sure it turns red you can then click on the red word and it gives you alternatives, its the best I've come across, just a note it doesn't work if your using firefox mossala
Old 05-02-2012, 11:37   #11
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I use Google spell check, I down load the google toolbar which includes the spellcheck, all you do when you've finished your post is click on check then Auto Fix, it then fixes any mistakes highlighting in green if its not sure it turns red you can then click on the red word and it gives you alternatives, its the best I've come across, just a note it doesn't work if your using firefox mossala
Well done John I have tried your spell check advise and it works for me.I thought you were just a pretty face,no doubt Cashman will have something to say about that.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:39   #12
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Well done John I have tried your spell check advise and it works for me.I thought you were just a pretty face,no doubt Cashman will have something to say about that.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:47   #13
God Member

I don't use a spell checker.
Sometimes I need to check whether I have spelt a word correctly.

I have google toolbar and so I copy and paste the word in the search box and this reveals a drop down list showing the correct spelling.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 13:23   #14
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I use Google spell check,
Really ???? Well I'd complain if I was you Jay, it's faulty .....

Sorry mate, couldn't resist that one.
Old 05-02-2012, 13:34   #15
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Really ???? Well I'd complain if I was you Jay, it's faulty .....

Sorry mate, couldn't resist that one.
Tickled my funny bone yet again Dave. You are naughty... but I like you!
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..