Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2008, 22:51   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: The enemy within

My last comment in this thread is that with all the terrible things that are happening in the world, children dying of starvation etc., is that some people must have very empty and sad little lives, if worrying about this silly karma system is all they have to occupy their time.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2008, 22:59   #47
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: The enemy within

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
First of all, I thought you never started dishing out insults? That you only responded when others insulted you? You bleat on about it often enough. So - I'm working off your theory now - seeing as you started the insults I can retort in a like manner. Your post has showed that you are a rude, vile, petulant being.

Secondly, you didn't send a PM to garinda asking him alone where he got his information, you posted the question on an open forum and therefore put the question out to everyone reading the thread.

Finally, who do you think you are to presume that others cannot defend themselves against karma comments? Are you the caped crusader of AccyWeb? I think not.
Crawl back in your hole.
What insults are those? The one that asks if you were garinda’s secretary? Or the bit about being a lackey? Not an insult but a description of your perceived relationship with garinda. Now if I had called you a stupid lackey THAT would have been an insult.

In any case it was you who poked your nose in to answer a question asked of garinda.

Oh you forgot disgusting, stupid old goat and oh you work it out for yourself.

My post quoted garinda’s post and was thus addressed to him and it asked him a question. If nothing else common courtesy decrees that if someone is asked a question you at least give them the opportunity of answering before shoving your oar in.

Go and read all the various threads about karma like I have done and you will read much about people being very unhappy with anonymous comments. You jumped in uninvited to answer a question directed at garinda and that’s OK. But it’s not OK if I speak up for people who have stated their displeasure at anonymous comments.

Finally – which hole would that be?
Old 09-09-2008, 23:12   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
What insults are those? The one that asks if you were garinda’s secretary? Or the bit about being a lackey? Not an insult but a description of your perceived relationship with garinda. Now if I had called you a stupid lackey THAT would have been an insult.
Lackey is an insult and you know it. Don't play dumb, an elderly man shouldn't act in such a way, you're supposed to be the wisest of us all.

Quote:
My post quoted garinda’s post and was thus addressed to him and it asked him a question. If nothing else common courtesy decrees that if someone is asked a question you at least give them the opportunity of answering before shoving your oar in.

Go and read all the various threads about karma like I have done and you will read much about people being very unhappy with anonymous comments. You jumped in uninvited to answer a question directed at garinda and that’s OK. But it’s not OK if I speak up for people who have stated their displeasure at anonymous comments.
Goodness you're like a difficult child. If you don't want anyone else to answer a question then send a private message, that's what they are for. Otherwise it's an open forum. Simple.
Everyone knows how the karma system works. If a comment is offensive then report it. Episode over. There's absolutely no need for countless rants on the subject from pseudo-revolutionaries such as yourself.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 23:13   #49
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I've sympathised when you felt you had to share some of the karma comments with the rest of the forum.

I, and others, have told you to report them to the moderators, if those comments are offensive, and they will be dealt with.

Sadly you lost all credibility, and certainly any respect, when you decided to post on a family forum, what is to all extent and purposes a private message, the most obscene, especially to women, four letter word, albeit with a space between the middle letters.

That was a disgrace, when we have children as active members on this forum.

I would have deducted karma, signed, for that, but sadly was unable to, because I'd recently given you some karma for your garden thread.

Luckliy for you it is Roy, and not myself, who owns this site, because for posting that disgusting four letter word you would have been banned for life.
I have reported disgusting anonymous comments in the past and I am still waiting for a response.

I did not use thinly disguised foul language. What I did was quote what someone else had stated.

So seeing as we have children on this forum you will have reported all the swearing that goes on and the odd thinly disguised foul language. I doubt it very much.

Believe me garinda if it was you who owned this forum I would have left long ago.
Old 09-09-2008, 23:22   #50
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Lackey is an insult and you know it. Don't play dumb, an elderly man shouldn't act in such a way, you're supposed to be the wisest of us all.

Goodness you're like a difficult child. If you don't want anyone else to answer a question then send a private message, that's what they are for. Otherwise it's an open forum. Simple.
Everyone knows how the karma system works. If a comment is offensive then report it. Episode over. There's absolutely no need for countless rants on the subject from pseudo-revolutionaries such as yourself.
If you perceive lackey to be an insult then I would suggest that you look up the meaning of the word. It means servant. A secretary is a servant and s/he attends to the secretarial needs of the boss. Those needs include answering questions.

By shoving your oar in you put yourself in the position of answering questions directed at someone else.

Thanks for that. I’ve never considered myself wise. Knowledgeable to a degree but never wise.
Old 09-09-2008, 23:36   #51
God Member

Quote:
If you perceive lackey to be an insult then I would suggest that you look up the meaning of the word. It means servant. A secretary is a servant and s/he attends to the secretarial needs of the boss. Those needs include answering questions.
Thanks for saving me the trouble of making it clear that lackey is indeed an insult.

Quote:
By shoving your oar in you put yourself in the position of answering questions directed at someone else.
Again - if you didn't want anyone else to answer it you should've sent a private message. You cannot avoid that.

Quote:
Thanks for that. I’ve never considered myself wise. Knowledgeable to a degree but never wise.
I said that you are supposed to be wise. If indeed wisdom is related to age. Special emphasis on the words supposed to be.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:19   #52
Resident Waffler

I'm going to risk an insult now by jumping in here and just pointing something out which perhaps Garinda is not aware of as he wasn't there at the time. The day the Stag closed down a few of us were there (Roy nearly set the place on fire but that's another story) chatting about this and that and the other and the subject of karma came up. Roy stated there, in person, with several of us present, that he likes the system exactly the way it is and he will not be doing anything to change it. He had mentioned to me privately once that if he had time he would look into the possibility of splitting the amount of awardable karma but he will not change the anonymity. If you get an insulting, offensive or defamatory remark in a karma comment it should be reported to mods, not posted on the open forum, likewise with PMs. They are private and intended to remain private and they should stay that way.

I do sometimes query a negative karma when the comment that goes along with it doesn't seem to make a ha'porth of sense in relation to the post it links to. I do so in the hope that the person who gave it may explain their logic, but they never do. Of course if they did then that would remove the anonymity which they are perfectly entitled to

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:29   #53
Senior Member+

how many more times are we going to have the same argument? its getting very very tedious now.

NO THE KARMA SYSTEM WILL NOT BE CHANGED BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE IT!!!

get the idea now?

EDIT:my pc is playing up, i didnt see your reply Willow and my post is not aimed at you.......

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:34   #54
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post

NO THE KARMA SYSTEM WILL NOT BE CHANGED BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE IT!!!

Did you mean?

NO THE KARMA SYSTEM WILL NOT BE CHANGED just BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE IT!!!

Otherwise the Butt might think Roy is getting at him and we don't want that, do we?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:34   #55
Senior Member+

yeah, cant have the bully being bullied can we?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..