Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2008, 09:37   #1
Senior Member+

whats going on?

Is anyone else having problems reading posts?

in new posts its saying that someones posted (e.g gayles privacy thread it says mick was the last to post) but when i open the thread that persons post isnt there (in that thread its showing Garinda's as last post) its happening in a few threads!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-09-2008, 09:58   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: whats going on?

yeh its done it a few times with me,fer a while now, thought it was me goin senile.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:02   #3
Senior Member+

seems i can read the newest posts.............. lol, i thought it was me cashy

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 10-09-2008, 10:45   #4
Senior Member+

i can only see the missing posts if i post in the thread......

Old 10-09-2008, 11:03   #5
Senior Member+

grrrr.....i just logged out and viewed as a guest.... on the threads that i can read its fine, when i click on the threads i cant read, i still cant read them and i looks like i am logged in (my name at the top etc)

Old 10-09-2008, 11:10   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
i can only see the missing posts if i post in the thread......
Its all a conspiracy - first it was the arcade to make you post now you cant see new posts until you post yourself -- we know what you up to mods
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:21   #7
Roy
Administrator

This is your browser caching old versions of the webpages. Press f5 to refresh, if that doesn't work then press ctrl-f5 to do a hard refresh.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:24   #8
Senior Member+

thanks roy, i tried both but its still doing it

Old 11-09-2008, 13:44   #9
Senior Member+

its still doing it on some threads....

Old 11-09-2008, 13:50   #10
Roy
Administrator

Try a different browser, it definitely seems as though you are not getting fresh data from the webserver.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 19:23   #11

If I have problems like that I generally close the browser (Internet Explorer 7 in my instance)

On the Desktop I have a blue “e” which is the Internet Explorer shortcut icon.

I left click the icon with my mouse. On the dropdown list I right click on the bottom item which is “Properties” On the small screen that then pops up under the “General” tab you will see a “Browsing History” section and two buttons that can be clicked “Delete” and “Settings”

I select Delete another small screen appears on that one I select “ Delete all” a small box then appears asking If I am sure that I want to delete my Browsing History and the option to also delete files and settings stored by add-ons ( which I always opt to do ) Then I click Yes to delete everything, Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, Form Data and Passwords.

Looks a bit longwinded but it’s not and it always works for me. If anyone thinks this is bad advice feel free to have the post deleted.
Old 11-09-2008, 19:56   #12
Senior Member+

thanks bb, i thought it might be that so deleted cookies and temporary internet files, only thing that done is made me have to reset all my passworsd lol

Old 11-09-2008, 19:59   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
thanks bb, i thought it might be that so deleted cookies and temporary internet files, only thing that done is made me have to reset all my passworsd lol
You’re welcome. I always have a regular clear out of me browser.
Old 11-09-2008, 21:46   #14
Resident Waffler

I've never even noticed who the last poster is supposed to be so I wouldn't know if I was missing one or not.You've got me wondering now.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..