Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2008, 12:03   #1

wheres it gone????

ermm, think a gremlins robbed the thread on the stabbing. I say its been robbed as I cant see it being removed seeing as there was no reason

Or am I wrong?

Last edited by Mick; 28-05-2008 at 20:48.
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-05-2008, 12:18   #2
God Member

Re: wheres it gone????

maybe its gone because we where naming names?
Old 28-05-2008, 12:19   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
maybe its gone because we where naming names?
What naming names that have been named in the telegraph website post's

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 12:21   #4
God Member

lol they where removed from the telegraph comment thing, i looked last night
Old 28-05-2008, 12:22   #5
God Member

OK, so if it turns out that it was deleted because of naming names, I wonder if we can have it back when the local rag has named names!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 14:39   #6

Does that mean that every post thats made, that isnt agreeing with someones way of life will be deleted?
Old 28-05-2008, 14:46   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Does that mean that every post thats made, that isnt agreeing with someones way of life will be deleted?
No , it means use some common sense, the names being bandied about on here were not in the public domain, i.e the press hadn't mentioned them and the Police hadn't released them, therefore they are hearsay , and libellous at that.
And re posting them in another thread isn't really helping.
Old 28-05-2008, 14:46   #8
God Member

Think it was more the speculation of the people concerned, they are nortourious people of the area & is a bit like what Margaret says tbh. Tho as u say onlyme is where is the line on discussing or having opinion fine line bit drawn on here i cant answer the question cos i dont understand it either hehehe, maybe it needs to be outlined clearly to avoid the confusion & a valid point.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 14:50   #9
Senior Member+

What's confusing?
Someone got stabbed and members on here were saying ( rightly or wrongly) who had done it before the Police had made any statement.
That leaves the Website open to all kinds of trouble.
It would be like me coming along and accusing you of doing something, but using your real name, how would that go down?
Old 28-05-2008, 14:59   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
What's confusing?
Someone got stabbed and members on here were saying ( rightly or wrongly) who had done it before the Police had made any statement.
That leaves the Website open to all kinds of trouble.
It would be like me coming along and accusing you of doing something, but using your real name, how would that go down?
Wait a minute i wasnt being malicious with my comment the tone was a bit uncalled for, mearely said speculation & confusion. The problem is there have been many posts where speculation has assumed as well as names mentioned & as proven many are confused on what can be said or not.

Trouble is 'Common Sence' is not binding not even legally as everyones common sence will be different upon view or thought or taught, so maybe a clear direct line of appropiateness or guidelines are actually needed!

I'll get my footy out & head to the civilised world of footy

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 15:16   #11
Senior Member+

I didn't say you were being malicious, and my post had no "tone" that I am aware of. I am just posting from the mod's point of view, we have to protect the site and it's reputation and to an extent, it's members.
Old 28-05-2008, 16:57   #12

No one actually said he'd done it, it was posted that he'd been arrested, and there was talk about circumstances that may have caused it and the people concerned.

Nothing malicious, or anything that may cause problems for the site. And as someone else said, does it mean that the thread will reappear when the press name names?

I think there should be some guidelines around this. There have been a few posts naming names, or been removed for other reason, so rather than look like a trouble maker or being a problem poster, I'd prefer to know whats allowed or not allowed
Old 28-05-2008, 17:01   #13
Beacon of light

I'm sure the Moderators would be happy to help you there......if in doubt, then Pm them and they will put you straight.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 17:16   #14
Senior Member+

Forum rules
8) No personal names to be posted without the consent of the person.

Sorry to be niggly but surely you can see that this is a sensitive issue? And if it kicks off then the people who were doing the "gossiping" will have only themselves to blame.
Old 28-05-2008, 17:22   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Forum rules
8) No personal names to be posted without the consent of the person.

Sorry to be niggly but surely you can see that this is a sensitive issue? And if it kicks off then the people who were doing the "gossiping" will have only themselves to blame.
You are right Linds and I was one of them, will put it down to the wine I had drunk. Will be more careful in future

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..