Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2008, 06:40   #1
God Member

Why does this exist?

Why is there an emoticon that does this?

Now maybe I am being a bit of a bore, but surely this contradicts forum rules if you have an emoticon on the forum which shows a smiley face sticking it's middle fingers up at people. I know it isn't showing any swear words, but I think children realise this is just as offensive as a swear word, and it isn't really sending the right message out is it?

I noticed it when I was reading back to a past thread.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-06-2008, 07:13   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Why does this exist?

The emotions are loaded as a set not individually,so its just one of this set we cant take one out .
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:28   #3
Give, give, give member

I've seen that smiley and thought he was beckoning someone over, as in come here.

Guess I don't have a dirty mind.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:45   #4
Beacon of light

Blazey if you thought the emoticon was offensive....why did you post this thread?...you could've PM'd Mick and he would have given you the explanation you required, without posting something you consider contravenes the guidelines of the forum.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:32   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Blazey if you thought the emoticon was offensive....why did you post this thread?...you could've PM'd Mick and he would have given you the explanation you required, without posting something you consider contravenes the guidelines of the forum.
cos shes a student,they never think.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:37   #6
God Member

I thought you may have quite liked to make use of that emoticon blazey, can think of one or two that you seem likely to send it to. lol
Old 08-06-2008, 10:40   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
I thought you may have quite liked to make use of that emoticon blazey, can think of one or two that you seem likely to send it to. lol
naughty derek, shes on a religious trip at thr moment.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:45   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
There again Margaret, suppose anyone can pull up the emoticon list, and some more in there that are a little rude.

Think quite cute really, but I have backed off using them because of the meaning.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:48   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
naughty derek, shes on a religious trip at thr moment.
A religious nut lawyer? Interesting combo that, I may become a fortune teller and forsee you and blazey having a run in or two!
Old 08-06-2008, 10:49   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
There again Margaret, suppose anyone can pull up the emoticon list, and some more in there that are a little rude.

Think quite cute really, but I have backed off using them because of the meaning.
But if you thought it was offensive you wouldn't raise a thread about it. Best course of action would be as Margaret says PM one of the mods. Now the younger members are going to go searching whereas before they were unaware of its existence
Old 08-06-2008, 10:51   #11

wow, that must mean i'm young cos I;ve just gone to have a gander lol
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:53   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
But if you thought it was offensive you wouldn't raise a thread about it. Best course of action would be as Margaret says PM one of the mods. Now the younger members are going to go searching whereas before they were unaware of its existence
Think the young ones will always look at emoticons available, more than us adult members ...

Perhaps, to avoid criticism would have been best in the over 18's.

I agree to P.M. ing the mods first though.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:15   #13
Resting in Peace

Well I have to say I've never seen that smiley before, thanks blazey for bringing it to my attention, I certainly know when I'll use it in the future
Old 08-06-2008, 12:33   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well I have to say I've never seen that smiley before, thanks blazey for bringing it to my attention, I certainly know when I'll use it in the future
i'll second that.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:57   #15
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

They come in different sizes on the web, try this one if you really want to feel upset!

Proctology Smiley
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..