Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/)
-   -   Cart before the horse! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/cart-before-the-horse-57916.html)

Mikejoed 17-05-2011 11:30

Cart before the horse!

I was mooching around the site t'other day and suddenly realised, although I have set up a couple of threads and responded to a few posts I have never actually introduced myself. So, here goes.

I have lived in Accy a few years and really taken the place to heart. I love how all the amenities I need are on my doorstep [I'm easily pleased] :) and yet within ten minutes I can be in the middle of the country.

I have a great love for photography and videography. Any media that can be used to record what is happening today for future generations to look back on, learn from and perhaps appreciate.

I love history and am busy compiling a 'Then and Now' album of Accrington Town scenes. I have also been busy working on a DVD about the history of Plantation Road and the properties in that area - that I am sure many of you will be glad to see the back of after all my banging on about it.

I recently joined Accrington and district's Civic Trust. I don't think the Trust has the same clout it used to have years ago when it was generally made up of solicitors, councillors, bankers and the like. Nowadays it may not have the political influence but it does have a group of people who are passionate about the future look and preservation of what's best about Accrington.

The greatest love of my life is as a Christian but Please don't let that put you off, I am far away from being religious! Can't be doin' with all that smells and bells brigade or the holier than thou scene! I just love the Lord Jesus who I have received as my saviour and enjoy a living relationship with God. I promise at all times NOT to discuss my faith again unless I am asked about it.

I live alone with my three legged Patterdale terrier called Toby. he's a tike for cats so I have to keep him on a lead when we're in the neighbourhood. But he loves it when we're up the tops and generally makes a bee line for the streams as soon as he sees them. :dancedog: He's a rescue dog that no-one wanted because he was 10 years old, as grey as a badger and handicapped. I guess we have kindred spirits and we get along fine together :gooddog:

I guess that's all for now. Feel free to pm me any time. This site is about making new friends as well as informing us of what's going on in our town.

cashman 17-05-2011 11:44

Re: Cart before the horse!

better late than never or so they say,welcome.:)

flashy 17-05-2011 11:46

What a great introduction, welcome to accyweb, hope you enjoy it

vera 17-05-2011 13:16

Hello and welcome

Bob Dobson 17-05-2011 13:31

You should be looking out for the postings about Hyndburn Local History Society. The next meeting isn't until October, but there may be a Summer walk coming off -go into the Search facility on the top line of this site. If you don't, I feel sure Katex or Atarah will be posting summat hereon.

Margaret Pilkington 17-05-2011 13:47

An excellent introduction, Welcome. I hope you enjoy Accyweb, I am sure that you will find friends on here.

garinda 17-05-2011 15:12

Welcome.

:)

walkinman221 17-05-2011 16:40

Welcome

jaysay 17-05-2011 17:48

Hello and welcome

katex 17-05-2011 22:42

Hi Mike. Thank you for filling us in on your profile.

I have been reminded about the Civic Trust meeting tomorrow and will endeavour to make it.

Strangely enough, Garth Dawson is giving a talk on the same night; a difficult choice between history and future... but the two are linked.

A belated warm welcome to you .. :)

ossy kid 18-05-2011 00:55

Hi and welcome.

Eric 18-05-2011 05:08

Welcome, eh.

Mikejoed 19-05-2011 14:22

Thank you all for your warm welcomes. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Bob D I believe I do need to get in touch with you sometime soon as Katex was telling me at the Civic Trust meeting last night that you're well informed on Accrington's history.

heth 21-05-2011 18:31

Hello Mike!! Enjoy! :D

pipinfort 03-06-2011 15:13

Welcome