Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/)
-   -   Wonder if anybody knows me? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/wonder-if-anybody-knows-me-60751.html)

superwhite 20-02-2012 15:43

Wonder if anybody knows me?

Been told about this site many times by mate and have finally got around to looking at it. Great site, as I was told, so I've registered. Ossy lad from 1949 to 1971 (apart from brief times away at Uni) and educated at Hippings Methodist - Osw and Accy Tech/Accy Grammar, before Uni at Manchester. Married local girl and emigrated to Billington, t'other side of Whalley. The pull of Accrington was too great and so returned to area in 1979. Still married with two girls and a few grandchildren - all local. Ancestral family roots in Bolton, hence Wanderers supporter for over fifty years - Keen on Stanley also and try to get to there when I can, but many home games clash. Slightly grumpy old man with a keen interest in family history, so is capable of being extremely boring. Hope that is enough of an intro. Would be nice to make contact with lost friends.

mobertol 20-02-2012 15:50

re: Wonder if anybody knows me?

Welcome, superwhite. Hope you find some of your old friends:)

sm_counsell 20-02-2012 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by superwhite (Post 971416)
Been told about this site many times by mate and have finally got around to looking at it. Great site, as I was told, so I've registered. Ossy lad from 1949 to 1971 (apart from brief times away at Uni) and educated at Hippings Methodist - Osw and Accy Tech/Accy Grammar, before Uni at Manchester. Married local girl and emigrated to Billington, t'other side of Whalley. The pull of Accrington was too great and so returned to area in 1979. Still married with two girls and a few grandchildren - all local. Ancestral family roots in Bolton, hence Wanderers supporter for over fifty years - Keen on Stanley also and try to get to there when I can, but many home games clash. Slightly grumpy old man with a keen interest in family history, so is capable of being extremely boring. Hope that is enough of an intro. Would be nice to make contact with lost friends.

my friend Pauline (then Johnson) went to Hippings about that time. You might need to give a bit more info. for other members to recognise you. All the same, welcome to Accy web

jaysay 20-02-2012 17:44

Hello and welcome to a Trotter

Less 20-02-2012 18:35

Not many clues in the opening diatribe, so no, I don't know you. Perhaps as time goes by you might be good enough to mention the name of the mate that introduced you, then we'll know who to blame.
:)

cashman 20-02-2012 18:39

Welcome to the forum, was at accy tech until easter 63, but so were a lot of others. n i aint a good guesser.:D

Bob Dobson 20-02-2012 18:54

I am wondering if there's a sort of thread running through your posting. Is it that Billington (Wm), the public hangman, came from Bolton? Several hangmen did. No, seriuously, I welcome you and tell you that, within minutes, you will be receiving your first PM. That shouldn't puzzle an AGSOB.

ossy kid 20-02-2012 19:16

Hello and welcome, another owd Tech lad here, from 1955-60, drop a name or two.

bondi38 20-02-2012 19:27

Hello i dont know you but i bet my brother does when you say hippings methodist do you mean the one on i seem to remember kay street in ossy he was there from 1951 till he was 11years old then on to senior school he is now 64 years old so pm me and we will go from there ,
Welcome to the site hope to hear from you soon and your name please .

Romps 20-02-2012 19:58

Hello!

superwhite 21-02-2012 00:33

Thanks for the welcome, just taking things steady at present until I get the hang of the site.

davemac 21-02-2012 15:29

ow do, and welcome

garinda 21-02-2012 18:07

Welcome to Accy Web.

:)

katex 21-02-2012 18:15

Welcome to you, Superwhite, hope you enjoy this site and join in the fun.. x :)

Margaret Pilkington 21-02-2012 19:24

Welcome to Acyweb, and if you don't find your old friends, you will certainly make some new ones on here.