Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/)
-   -   Fylde Coaster (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/fylde-coaster-64839.html)

HPilling 21-08-2013 19:02

Fylde Coaster

Lived on the Fylde Coast for near on 40years but am Accy born and bred. Attended Accrington Grammar School 1952 to 1956, same time as Bob Dobson. Visited the town recently when I attended, as a guest, the Town Hall for a meeting of Accrington Probus club. Still look out for Stanleys result and read Bumbles Cricket articles in the paper. Brother still lives in Accrington and I still have many old mates there.

cashman 21-08-2013 19:06

Re: Fylde Coaster

Welcome to the forum.:)

davemac 21-08-2013 22:44

ow do, and welcome.

jaysay 22-08-2013 17:18

Hello and welcome

HPilling 22-08-2013 17:53

Hi , Thanks for the greetings, bit busy at moment but hope to join you all shortly. cheers HP.

HPilling 23-08-2013 16:49

As a lad I lived on Manor Street and attended Peel Park Primary School. As a teenager I went to Cambridge Street Methodists Youth Club and on Saturday Nights enjoyed dancing at the Majestic Ballroom. In 1960 my work dictated that I move to Liverpool. I married a Blackburn girl (still married to her, 50years next year). and am now retired. Anyone on the Accy Web that recognises any of this?? Cheers Harry.

westendlass 24-08-2013 15:26

Welcome to Accy Web.

Bob Dobson 24-08-2013 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPilling (Post 1072492)
Hi , Thanks for the greetings, bit busy at moment but hope to join you all shortly. cheers HP.

HP You are a saucy one.

Harry and I were born one day apart in Rough Lee, went to school together, worked together then didn't meet for many years. We met one New Year's Eve about ten )(?) years ago at a party given by a mutual pal and it was as if we hadn't had that long break.

HPilling 25-08-2013 17:47

Hi Bob,
Hope you and yours are all well. Going to Southport with our mutual friend GB on Tuesday for a day out. GB is'nt too bad at the moment and fancied a change. Cheers H.P.

Margaret Pilkington 25-08-2013 19:45

Welcome to Accyweb. Enjoy the site.

HPilling 28-08-2013 18:18

Hi all,
I was thinking back about the many mates and friends I had as a teenager, in the fifties, in Accrington. Members of St. Johns, Peel Park and Accy Grammar Schools. Members of Cambridge Street Snooker, Football and Cricket Teams. I'm not giving surnames, some will have married and changed their names but here goes my mates Jack,Derek,Trevor,Keith(who sadly died several years ago),Ken,and many more. Margery,Sheila,Margaret,Carol,Pauline,Irene and Eileen. If anyone remembers please post a reply on the web. Cheers H.P.

Bob Dobson 29-08-2013 07:37

These girls' names - not a single Tracey. There won't be many Margarets, Brendas or Irenes in today's classes, though some names do come round again - Amy for instance - and George of course. I doubt that there were any lads with the forename Riley, which is popular now. I hope there are some Roberts.