Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/)
-   -   Hello Accrington (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/hello-accrington-70736.html)

Frank T 16-09-2019 18:33

Hello Accrington

Hello Accrington, my Name is Frank Toner, I went to St.Annes junior school in Cobham Road. I then moved to Accrington Sec.Tech. School in Ossy In the first year we were at Moor End School after the merger with Rhyddings I went to that branch. Being one of Mr.Popes rednecks I was then moved to Holy Family at Fern Gore. I Finished up at Guests College in Blackburn. I used to frequent several of the town centre pubs, the Con.Club and the !Arcs Ballroom (a misnomer if ever there was) Does anyone remember me?

ossy kid 27-09-2019 00:14

Re: Hello Accrington

Hello Frank and welcome. I also went to St Annes and then the Tech but left in 1960 so a little ahead of you, also went to the the Arc's, Empire and occasionally the Con. Just got back from Alaska hence the delay, now live in B.C. Bryan.

Frank T 27-09-2019 09:40

Hello Bryan, we may have seen each other at some time long, long ago. You now live in a beautiful part of the world (my favourite is Lake Louise). Have visited a couple of times when visiting our son in Swift Current, Sask. Nice to know Accy is spreading. Keep well and nice to hear from you.

Margaret Pilkington 27-09-2019 13:32

Hello Frank, welcome to the forum...happy posting.

cashman 28-09-2019 10:58

Welcome Frank,i mentioned you to kenny B, but his memorys as bad as mine.:D

Frank T 28-09-2019 11:54

Thanks Margaret, it`s been a long time since I was in C le M. I went into a pub The Lamb? on the main road and saw a girl I hadn`t seen since junior school Margaret Mary Sheerhan, I also used to know a girl called Kathleen near to the Forts pub? Memories eh?

Frank T 28-09-2019 11:59

Thanks Cashman, does he remember any of the old crowd from the Derby?

Margaret Pilkington 28-09-2019 12:57

The Lamb is long gone now.....all turned into cottages.

cashman 28-09-2019 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank T (Post 1232275)

he remembers me but very few forget lol and coxy, and a mate i go up stanley with.

Frank T 02-11-2021 14:44

Hi Cashy sorry for long delay in replying. In your last message you mentioned people who frequented the Derby you mentioned Kathleen Jackson, was/is she married to Brian Jackson? was her maiden name Quinn?. Best wishes Frank.

cashman 02-11-2021 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank T (Post 1232275)

dunno but i do florry, vito, isacc , brian abbot, know more but cant think at moment. used to go in the blues room at the back end also.by the way i went to the tech also.

cashman 02-11-2021 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank T (Post 1258960)
Hi Cashy sorry for long delay in replying. In your last message you mentioned people who frequented the Derby you mentioned Kathleen Jackson, was/is she married to Brian Jackson? was her maiden name Quinn?. Best wishes Frank.

just seen this Kathleen Jackson lived virtually across from my backdoor she didnt wed brian jackson who i still see his older brother and me were great mates kath lives oer fylde coast way somewhere now.

cashman 02-11-2021 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank T (Post 1258960)

Brian by the way wed a lass called Margaret think around 1970? and still is today.

Frank T 05-11-2021 08:37

Thanks for the info Cashy, take care.

cashman 10-02-2022 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank T (Post 1259002)
Thanks for the info Cashy, take care.

Kathleen was called Kathleen Jackson by the way her back gate faced mine virtually she lived on Burnley Rd. i still speak to her occasionally on another forum.