Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2005, 08:43   #1

A Big Thank You

Hello,
I'm T.C. of Church Kirk. The Church had the pleasure of a visitation of about 18 Accy Webbers on our open day, Saturday 26th March.
On behalf of the Rector, The Rev Neville Ashton and all at Church Kirk I would like to thank you all for your support. As many of you know , many small parishes struggle to raise enough cash for their upkeep, and we are one of the many.
At the social evening held at the Stag Inn on Saturday night, £120 was raised,of which £60 was donated to Church Kirk, so with the hard work done by church members during the day a total of £365 was realised, so to all you webbers A BIG THANK YOU. T.C.
T.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2005, 08:48   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: A Big Thank You

Hi T.C.

We enjoyed our visit to Church Kirk and good to know we did our little bit towards your funds. I was one of the claustrophobics who didn't make it up the tower but the views from up there shown in the photos are fantastic even on a fairly dull day.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 10:33   #3
Len
God Member

Welcome TC

We had a fantastic day thanks to you and the other members of the church.
I am pleased that we Accy-webbers were able to have made a small contribution to your fund raising
All the best for the future, there at Church Kirk.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...1&page=1&pp=15

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 21:14   #4
God Member

Hello TC welcome to Accy web
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 21:17   #5
Roy
Administrator

Welcome to Accyweb and thanks for letting us in your fabulous Church. The climb to the tower was as good as the view we got when we got there, I've never come across steps like that before
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 21:52   #6
Member.

Hello and welcome to the site T.C.. I regret I missed the Accyweb walk and the open day at Church Kirk. This is even more of a hurt because I was born within spitting distance of the Church at 89 Church St. I’ve been in the church many times but would have loved to get up the tower again. I was wondering, do you produce a written guide book about St James Church and its history and where do I get one. In any event if you drop me a PM with me some detail as to how I can make a donation towards upkeep.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 10:55   #7
Senior Member+

Hi and welcome to accyweb
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 13:19   #8
Beacon of light

Hello TC.....welcome to Accyweb......I too missed the Easter Extravaganza.......was on wheelchair duty.......hope that I can make it up some other time.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:12   #9

hi and welcome to accyweb

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..