Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2005, 22:13   #31
Member.

Re: back from exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Musical statues is the crappy childrens party game, were you dance around until the music stops. The 1st one to move is out.
Trust me to be thick.......If I had a brain I'd be a risk to humanity

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2005, 22:42   #32
Give, give, give member

Don't worry, lol. l'm really good @ shake the parcel. l'm also thinking of taking up the tambourine.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 23:07   #33
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Don't worry, lol. l'm really good @ shake the parcel. l'm also thinking of taking up the tambourine.
I should know better.....Where you live – to me the bl**dy tambourine is the worst instrument in history. The Sally Ann give me a tambourine in 1965 and I’ve hated the racket ever since. Well what should I get first, ear plugs or a gag. lol.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 07:54   #34
Give, give, give member

Yeah tambourines will always be involved with the sally army. l always used to think they did good work, with the homeless for instance, but in my pc teens l found out in the 80's they supported the old South African government, & were involved with lot of right wing politics & used to give them a mouthful everytime they rattled their tins near me. 20 years later l revel in political uncorrectness, but perhaps l should play the marraccas instead of a tambourine for Jesus!
Old 24-02-2005, 12:23   #35
Senior Member+

Welcome to the site Garinda;I am sure you will enjoy it!
Old 24-02-2005, 12:24   #36
Junior Member+

Hello Garinda
chloe l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 14:29   #37
Give, give, give member

First bid received!!!!!

Was sent a message re: the Parkinson's Disease Society raffle prize l won, offering me a bid of 5p!
l think perhaps l under sold it! LOL.
The set comprimises of a hairbrush, a mirror, & a toothbrush case all in lilac, with the mirror being high-lighted in mint green. All of this comes in a transparent zipped toilet bag decorated with purple polka dots.
Can l have a job on QVC now?
Last month l won a massive tin of Belgian chocolates which l scoffed all by myself!
P.S. The lovely set comes new not second- hand.
Old 24-02-2005, 14:33   #38
mez
God Member

if your coming on saturday gardina why not bring it with you & we will raffle it off for you proceeds to your society?
Old 24-02-2005, 14:46   #39
Give, give, give member

lf l come, which l really will try to. That's a really nice thought. They asked me to join the commitee last night with regard to raising awareness & raising money, so that'd be a good start. l'm doing another talk @ my old school in 2 weeks about my former career, and also having Parkinson's sadly it's just for the pupils as l'm sure you;d all like to hear me! By the way Maz, my Mum got a really good gel for artheritis fom the health place in the Arndale, l'll find out what it's called, it works like magic for her.
Old 24-02-2005, 14:50   #40
mez
God Member

good hope you can make it, thanks for the thoughts on artheritis.
Old 25-02-2005, 06:17   #41
Give, give, give member

Feeling A bit guilty now, if you saw the afore mentioned travel set in any of the pound shops you'd think it was vastly overpriced! Lol.
Old 25-02-2005, 09:49   #42
mez
God Member

yea but its the fun of the raffle dont worry, you should have seen the xmas pressies that we dished out? fun but cheap he he he?
Old 25-02-2005, 10:12   #43
Give, give, give member

Lol, ok l'll bring it, l won't be able to remain annonynous, you'll all know garinda's the one clutching the polka dot toilet bag!
p.s. am going to my Mum's for tea so l'll get the name of the gel maz.
Old 25-02-2005, 15:06   #44
I am Band

Smile Re: back from exile

Hello garinda, welcome to the world of Accyweb.

What year did you leave Moor End, and who were your teachers?
I was one of the lucky ones who managed to avoid Mrs Cross and Mr Britcliffe. (Yep, the same one who is so often derided elsewhere on this site).

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 17:46   #45
Give, give, give member

Hi l was @ Moor End, from 7 th jan, 69 [my 4th birthday!] until july 76. best teacher was Chris Ryan, also Mrs Owen [ whom l still see,]- others were...... Mrs Alvin, Mr Batty, Mrs Chapman, Head was Mr Green, sec was Mrs Proctor.
Did you have to dance round the May pole? Did you have to do country dancing @ lunchtime?
Missed Peter though- he taught my brother, the kids liked him!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..