Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2012, 17:55   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Back To My Roots

Alan Dickinson, born 1941! I'm sure I knew you, can even see the face.
Was it at Hyndburn Park?
Either way, hello and welcome.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-04-2012, 18:10   #17
Senior Member+

Alan, look at the photo on 'Hyndburn Park-one for the ladies' on Accy Photos, last post was 23/1/12. Post 15.
I'm sure you're on it!
Old 16-04-2012, 20:39   #18
Senior Member+

welcome to the forum. nice introduction. Have some Karma!
Old 17-04-2012, 07:47   #19
Senior Member+

Welcome Alan. Any relation to Melvin Dickinson, who had a brother, went to HPk and lived at the bottom of Dowry (?) St ? He is still in Acc and attends Cambridge St Meths.

Cashman is pretending that he is going to Caen. It's more likely to be Colne. He's showing off.

I don't think you will be on the photo that Gordon Booth is talking about, as it was of the HPk Juniors, and you probably went to HPk at the same time as he went to the Grammar School - after the 11plus.

You will no doubt be hearing from 'Little Pom' ( Marion Walsh)

Do you recall any lads of your year who went to the Grammar School ? I think John Wild was in your year there. I would like to find him as I am mem sec for the AGS Old Boys. I'm not so old, being a '41er too.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 08:21   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Wrong Bob, we booked to go last year,but had to cancel through illness, Besides Colne is Dingle country,So i take that as n insult.
Old 17-04-2012, 13:35   #21
Give, give, give member

Welcome.

I hope the forum brings back some happy memories.

No matter how far we wander, our roots are still firmly planted in one place.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 17:02   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post

I don't think you will be on the photo that Gordon Booth is talking about, as it was of the HPk Juniors, and you probably went to HPk at the same time as he went to the Grammar School - after the 11plus.
Now, Bob, memory is a funny thing! I was right, he's stood next to me and I recognised him. See HP-one for the ladies.61-62 years ago.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..