Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2021, 10:48   #1

Brief Intro

Hi everybody, my name is Eddie Pickup and although I only lived in Accrington for just over 2 years my parents were born and bred in the area and I often visited Accrington to watch Stanley in the mid to late 50's with my grandad.
Edd56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-10-2021, 08:48   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Brief Intro

You couldn't be muich briefer than this, Eddie - tell us a bit more. Where diod you live ? which school did you attend ? who were your pals and neighbours ? Where did your parents work ? This should stimulate responses Where are you now ? Any relatives in Acc ?
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2021, 08:20   #3

Hello Ed and welcome, like Bob says, tell us a bit more.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2021, 08:30   #4

Agree with Bob and Taddy. The more we know about you, the more interesting this thread can be.
Cheers
landhusweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 14:04   #5

Sorry about the lack of any detail. I was born in Accrington and lived in Hindle Street for just over 2 years at which time we emigrated to Canada. Unfortunately my father suffered major ill health and we returned to the UK around two and a half years later and established ourselves in Fulwood, about 3 miles north of Preston. I attended the Harris Primary School and then Hutton Grammar School followed by Manchester University. I married in 1970 and set up home in Grimsargh, around 5 miles NE of Preston where I still live today albeit with a different wife. My parents were very active in the Accrington community, my mother being a Sunday School teacher in Acre and my father playing lead trumpet/cornet for Eddie McGarry and Sid Ashmead's bands. He was also a member of the Accrington Military Band and The Knaves. Any info on any of the bands would be most welcome.
Old 20-10-2021, 19:27   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

hiya EDD56, welcome to the forum, that would be peel park were yeh went to watch stanley,

Last edited by cashman; 20-10-2021 at 19:29.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2021, 10:19   #7

It was indeed and we managed to get back to Hindle Street in time for all the results program at 5pm.
Old 26-10-2021, 08:50   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i was watching stanley then and am today,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..