Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2003, 20:34   #1

Post church lads brigade

Living near st mary mags church devonshire st  accy  in the early forties I was a member of the of the drum and bugle band of the church lads brigade then under the command of the late tom bell For over 10 years and hundreds of parades and church processions I banged a drum scores ofphotos taken many pictures shown in the accrington observer but alas I have none to show my grandchildren I would dearly love to hear from anyone who knows anyone who may have such a photo  A couple of years ago a photo of the band appeared in the   accy observer taken in the school yard but it was slightly before my time with the band  hope someone in the forum can help
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2003, 23:12   #2

Post Re:  church lads brigade

hi  ;D
malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2003, 23:17   #3

Hi,I cannot helpyou with photos you wanted,but i was also in the lads brigade under Tom Bell.I would try and find Frank Rosthorn he still lives in Accrington.There cannot be many of us left .George
George Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2003, 19:27   #4

I studied your message last night while I was in bed I mixed you up at first with an officer who lived on lime road also called walker but his first  name was bob then there was also a donald then I remember seeing your name in another section with a question about church so I assume your a ginger haired ex drummer who use to live in church and who I marched along side many times  We are coming up to what would have the busy time of the year in the old bands time first the mayors parade then the parade to the cenotaph some where else inthe afternoon  then st james church accrington at night  remember wilf carney the late ken hopkinson and derek bikerstaff playing the last post and then reveille always very sad but they never missed a note I always reckoned derek to be the best bugler  ever in the brigade I still catch him on accy market on a saturday morning the odd time  allways have a natter about the old band days anyway george when I get a bit more time  we will reminisce again by the way when I was in the band we lived the top house devonshire st  same side as the late tom bell  that should give you a clue who I am                                                   keith
keith is offline   Reply With Quote

« Nice Day | Self »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..