Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2011, 11:53   #1
Junior Member+

Deb from Australia

HYA, I am really pleased to find this site. My Nana was from Accrington and all her family. I am researching family history and also trying to find possible family members. My nana went to Woodnook Primary School in about1910 and her grandfather she said was proprietor of Red Lion Pub in Green Haworth, Accrington. I would love to visit in the future and it looks a very interesting place. I am still not used to finding my way around so please forgive me if i have placed comments in wrong places??!! It is late at night here and am about to go to bed but got excited as rediscovered your towns site and am looking forward to looking around. Thank you. Hope all is well in your part of the world!
Deborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2011, 12:12   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Deb from Australia

Welcome Deborah.......I hope you enjoy the site.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:43   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

G'Day Sport ! Welcome aboard, but Cricket & Rugby are off topic if you beat us, but we can crow continuously should the reverse happen.

Good Call
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 13:03   #4
God Member

Hiya welcome to accyweb
Old 04-05-2011, 13:28   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hi welcome to the forum.
Old 04-05-2011, 13:41   #6
God Member

welcome to Accyweb, hope you enjoy it
Old 04-05-2011, 15:10   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
HYA, I am really pleased to find this site. My Nana was from Accrington and all her family. I am researching family history and also trying to find possible family members. My nana went to Woodnook Primary School in about1910 and her grandfather she said was proprietor of Red Lion Pub in Green Haworth, Accrington. I would love to visit in the future and it looks a very interesting place. I am still not used to finding my way around so please forgive me if i have placed comments in wrong places??!! It is late at night here and am about to go to bed but got excited as rediscovered your towns site and am looking forward to looking around. Thank you. Hope all is well in your part of the world!
My father went to the same school, so he would have probably known her. He died in 1996 age 92.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 16:28   #8
God Member

Welcome, eh. We need more input from the colonies
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 17:47   #9
Resting in Peace

Hello and welcome hope you enjoy the site
Old 04-05-2011, 18:20   #10
Senior Member+

Hello & Welcome
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 18:23   #11
Senior Member+

Deborah, what were your familys surnames? Possible connection? If not I'm sure you'll find your family on here, good luck.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 21:06   #12
Junior Member+

Gordon, My family surnames are: Nana was called Jenny Haworth with father John George Haworth and mother Margaret Stones. Her father remarried an Edith Green after Margarets death. Nana married Worthy Daw at Haslingden who was master baker. They had bakery shop and lived above for years. My great grandfather was Broughton Haworth and married a Mary Lord.

I believe Edith Greens children before she married my great grandfather were Doris who married George Haynes, Marie who married Thomas Allen and children with my great grandfather were Broughton, Alice who married James Eddleston, Mary and Brenda who married Robert Davies. My nans two sisters who I know are both deceased were Florence and Gladys. Florence had married Arthur Waddington and Gladys m Gilbert Bracewell (and ? Sykes and someone else!!).

Thanks for your welcomes everyone!! WIll try not to stir too much!! Some of us have to go to work whilst the rest of you sleep so off i march now.
Old 04-05-2011, 21:09   #13
Junior Member+

Oh, i forgot to add the most important people,, My nan had my Uncle Geoff, Aunty SHiela and my dad Gary Daw. Shiela had 3 children with (?) Ollerton. My dad was originally from Blackpool and married Patricia Eames and myself then born in Hemel Hempstead and then bro Steven in Sydney australia.
Old 04-05-2011, 22:13   #14

I assume you are in contact with the Ollerton Family?
Here are their details:
Marriage - Jan-Feb-Mar 1952
John OLLERTON to Sheila DAW
Darwen Lancashire Volume No: 10C Page No: 354
Children?
OLLERTON Raymond K Blackburn 1953 Oct-Nov-Dec
OLLERTON Patricia A Darwen 1955 Apr-May-Jun
OLLERTON David J Blackburn 1956 Apr-May-Jun
OLLERTON Dianne Fylde 1960 Oct-Nov-Dec

Do you need more info?
accybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:41   #15

Welcome to Accyweb Deb.....I really enjoy visiting here too.
The more Aussies the merrier.....
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..