Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2008, 17:22   #16
God Member

Re: Exiled in Accrington

Hello Kimberely and welcome to accyweb, I am relatively new to Accrington, and have to say I like it, I think you made a good move, besides, the heating systems in fernhurst are cr*p, I know, I have fixed some of them.
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2008, 17:52   #17
Resting in Peace

Welcome Kimberley, your introduction was great, not a politician in your spare time are youthere are a lot of Stanley Fans on here, but Rovers fans are also welcome, I've been a fanatic for over fifty years
Old 22-02-2008, 17:58   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Hello Kimberly

Welcome To AccyWeb And Accrington
You seem to live local to me with the names of the roads. i live on hodder st,.
I live on Hodder Street too it has the best post code but I have the best house number

.. "The more u see the less u know. The less u find out as u go." 'Sir Bono'

WalkOnBRFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 18:09   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Welcome Kimberley, your introduction was great, not a politician in your spare time are youthere are a lot of Stanley Fans on here, but Rovers fans are also welcome, I've been a fanatic for over fifty years
I do have a couple of 'slight' connection to politics I suppose you could say . To be honest it doesn't really interest me. I much prefer Football, Music and travelling.

Anyway I would make a terrible politician.. I like to be everyone's friend and I am too sympathetic and smile too much. Politicians always look grim to me. (I will get abused for that comment no doubt).

Good to see a lot of Rovers Fans on here.. No doubt if your a Rovers fan you will have seen me at some point at Ewood or Away.

Old 22-02-2008, 18:15   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
Thats the best introduction i have ever read
Couldn't agree with you more either-im from down south and apart from the odd comment about being a 'soft-shandy-drinking-southerner',in jest of course,evryones so warm n welcoming.....
On the other side of things a girl has just moved to round the corner to me,i only saw her on the bus n chatted to her once n i ended up inviting her round for a brew to 'meet the neighbours'....i forgot to tell her my name though-must of thought i was a reet nutter
Thanks, that's a lovely compliment. I lived down South for three years (Swindon) I hated it. Hated is a bit strong but I sort of learned to live with their ways if that makes sense. Don't think they could understand my accent Lol.

It's always nice to meet new people. Especially interesting one's.

Old 22-02-2008, 18:19   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Hello Kimberely and welcome to accyweb, I am relatively new to Accrington, and have to say I like it, I think you made a good move, besides, the heating systems in fernhurst are cr*p, I know, I have fixed some of them.
Well Derekgas.. I never had a problem with mine .. All new builds are just like shells really. The majority of them are just thrown up and poorly/cheaply built. I prefer traditional houses myself. I love the whole wood beams in the roof effect and traditional features. Each to their own I guess though

Old 22-02-2008, 18:19   #22

Hello & welcome
Old 22-02-2008, 18:25   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkOnBRFC View Post
Well Derekgas.. I never had a problem with mine .. All new builds are just like shells really. The majority of them are just thrown up and poorly/cheaply built. I prefer traditional houses myself. I love the whole wood beams in the roof effect and traditional features. Each to their own I guess though
You are right, can't beat the traditional houses, like the one you are in now, if you have been lucky enough to buy one with plenty of the original ornate features, you have done well, too many been destroyed by unsympathetic renovation.
Old 22-02-2008, 18:29   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
You are right, can't beat the traditional houses, like the one you are in now, if you have been lucky enough to buy one with plenty of the original ornate features, you have done well, too many been destroyed by unsympathetic renovation.
Well it's my partners house originally but I have moved in so now it is sort of ours but his if we split up if that makes sense Lol. Not my personal choice mind you but then again if you don't try the unexpected then you never know. Just can't wait to 'do it up'.

Old 22-02-2008, 18:56   #25
God Member

Hello Kimberley, welcome to Accrington and the site.
Old 22-02-2008, 18:59   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

hi kimberley welcome to the site n accy, very happy to hear yer comments on accy folk n settling in, just hope ya don't meet the "Chavs", everywheres got em.
Old 22-02-2008, 20:20   #27
Senior Member+

Hi kimberly and welcome
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 21:31   #28
God Member

Great introduction there.

Hello and welcome.
Old 22-02-2008, 21:40   #29
Accy Goddess

Hi Kimberly, welcome to accyweb. we are from Preston originally. Accy folk are a lot more friendly.
We have been here since 1991 and still get lost at the top of my street lol
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 22:59   #30
Always EVIL within us

Hi Kimberley, welcome to the accyweb and Accrington

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..