Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HPilling
  • 1 Post By Bob Dobson

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2013, 19:02   #1
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Fylde Coaster

Lived on the Fylde Coast for near on 40years but am Accy born and bred. Attended Accrington Grammar School 1952 to 1956, same time as Bob Dobson. Visited the town recently when I attended, as a guest, the Town Hall for a meeting of Accrington Probus club. Still look out for Stanleys result and read Bumbles Cricket articles in the paper. Brother still lives in Accrington and I still have many old mates there.
Judith Addison likes this.
HPilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2013, 19:06   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Fylde Coaster

Welcome to the forum.
Old 21-08-2013, 22:44   #3
Senior Member+

ow do, and welcome.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 17:18   #4
Resting in Peace

Hello and welcome
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 17:53   #5
Junior Member+

Hi , Thanks for the greetings, bit busy at moment but hope to join you all shortly. cheers HP.
Old 23-08-2013, 16:49   #6
Junior Member+

As a lad I lived on Manor Street and attended Peel Park Primary School. As a teenager I went to Cambridge Street Methodists Youth Club and on Saturday Nights enjoyed dancing at the Majestic Ballroom. In 1960 my work dictated that I move to Liverpool. I married a Blackburn girl (still married to her, 50years next year). and am now retired. Anyone on the Accy Web that recognises any of this?? Cheers Harry.
Old 24-08-2013, 15:26   #7
Full Member+

Welcome to Accy Web.
Old 24-08-2013, 20:10   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPilling View Post
Hi , Thanks for the greetings, bit busy at moment but hope to join you all shortly. cheers HP.
HP You are a saucy one.

Harry and I were born one day apart in Rough Lee, went to school together, worked together then didn't meet for many years. We met one New Year's Eve about ten )(?) years ago at a party given by a mutual pal and it was as if we hadn't had that long break.
HPilling likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 17:47   #9
Junior Member+

Hi Bob,
Hope you and yours are all well. Going to Southport with our mutual friend GB on Tuesday for a day out. GB is'nt too bad at the moment and fancied a change. Cheers H.P.
Old 25-08-2013, 19:45   #10
Beacon of light

Welcome to Accyweb. Enjoy the site.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 18:18   #11
Junior Member+

Hi all,
I was thinking back about the many mates and friends I had as a teenager, in the fifties, in Accrington. Members of St. Johns, Peel Park and Accy Grammar Schools. Members of Cambridge Street Snooker, Football and Cricket Teams. I'm not giving surnames, some will have married and changed their names but here goes my mates Jack,Derek,Trevor,Keith(who sadly died several years ago),Ken,and many more. Margery,Sheila,Margaret,Carol,Pauline,Irene and Eileen. If anyone remembers please post a reply on the web. Cheers H.P.
Old 29-08-2013, 07:37   #12
Senior Member+

These girls' names - not a single Tracey. There won't be many Margarets, Brendas or Irenes in today's classes, though some names do come round again - Amy for instance - and George of course. I doubt that there were any lads with the forename Riley, which is popular now. I hope there are some Roberts.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

« Hi | Intro »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..