Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2004, 08:58   #1
Apprentice Geriatric

Smile Greetings to all Accringtonians

Needing to find something to search for on an American search engine, for some strange reason I opted for Accrington and up came this forum. So here I am.

I am from the 1940’s 50’s era and it might be interesting to meet some old school or street friends of that time. Up until 1952 my school was the Accrington Secondary Technical School on Union Road in Ossy and I lived at 148 Blackburn Road in Accy. It is an amusement arcade now or it was the last time that I passed a few years ago.

I’m not too sure of the wisdom of this but it would be nice to meet Rose Griffiths who used to live at 2 Holland Street.

Oooops! I forgot to add my name. It's the old brain cell, it can only handle so much at any one time.

Jim Buckley

Last edited by jambutty; 30-01-2004 at 09:06. Reason: Forgot to add my name
jambutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-01-2004, 09:31   #2

Hi there Jambutty and welcome to accyweb. Hope you will enjoy the forums, there a nice bunch of people on here. Good luck finding your old pals

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2004, 09:37   #3
Apprentice Geriatric

Why thank you Wingy. The welcome is a nice gesture and all the way from China too. Accy folk have always been nice folk - well at least from my era they were. Don't know about now but I guess that most of them will still be nice folk.
Old 30-01-2004, 10:00   #4
Roy
Administrator

Welcome to the forum Jim! I do believe I have been to your website before, the one with the dungeon game I am thinking.... hehe, anyway, another greeting from china - might make you think this is a chinese website!!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2004, 10:21   #5
I am Band

Ow do, Jiim. Or should it be... Ne hao!? Yet again more greetings from China. Wecome to everything Accringtonian.
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2004, 11:37   #6
Apprentice Geriatric

My site is the one with the dungeon game on it Roy so I guess you must have had a wander round my web site. I don’t suppose that you had a bash at getting at my virtual gold. You can get your name into The Hall Of Fame if you get to it but on the other hand if you get clobbered by one of my monsters you get your name on the obituary page. So hurry up my monsters haven’t eaten for weeks.

Ow do and thanks for your welcome Sparkologist.
‘ere I know that call centres are being shipped out to Bombay but when did they moved Accrington to China? ;-)
Old 30-01-2004, 12:37   #7
Senior Member+

Hi jambutty, welcome to accyweb.
Are you also a member on jambutty.com your name sounds familiar?
Old 30-01-2004, 12:56   #8
Apprentice Geriatric

Thanks for the welcome janet. I’m not a member of jambutty.com yet because I have only just found out that it exists but I will be having a look around later on and will probably join. It could cause a bit of confusion. Hmmm! My name sounds familiar does it? Is that good or bad? I only know one janet (unless the one remaining brain cell is having an off day) and that was from Dynamo Electric around 20 years ago. I wonder if you are that janet? Nah! It would be too much of a coincidence if you are.
Old 30-01-2004, 13:25   #9
Senior Member+

I dont know you personaly jim, just that the admin share's your user name on jambutty.com.
Old 30-01-2004, 13:40   #10
Apprentice Geriatric

Ah! Yes! My user name. When I join jambutty.com I think that I'll have to use my alternate user name of jimbuck to avoid confusion. But I have been a jambutty since 1954 when I joined the navy. Never mind jimbuck is just as good. But now it is time for my afternoon nap. This retirement thing is great. Do what I want when I want but this overwhelming tiredness is galloping up on me. Too many hours at the keyboard! Zzzzzzz!
Old 30-01-2004, 15:57   #11
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Hello Jambutty and welcome to Accy web. Hope you have hours of endless fun on here in your retirement (you lucky thing) I'm counting the days til mine. How many days are in 19 years and 1 month??
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2004, 16:37   #12
Resting in Peace

lettie 6946 days not too long is it hehe
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2004, 18:55   #13
Accy Goddess

Hi Jambutty.
Welcome to accyweb.
Checked out your site, had a trip down memory lane with the C.B. stuff.
Well done site.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2004, 21:44   #14
Senior Member+

hey jambutty good to have you here !
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2004, 23:06   #15
Apprentice Geriatric

This has to be said but I have never had such a warm and friendly welcome when joining a forum than I have had on joining Accringtonweb. To be fair, I suppose, the other forums were international and as such you do not get the same camaraderie there as you get on forums such as this.

After surfing the international Internet waters and dodging the sharks for over two years it’s a bit like coming back home on leave. So thank you one and all.

In 19 years and 1 months time lettie you will look back and think, “hang on what happened to the last 20 years?” So don’t bother counting - it will be upon you before you know it. But when that day arrives I hope that you enjoy your retirement as much as I’m enjoying mine.

Nice to know that you found something of interest on my web site anne.

An finally for this reply thanks for your welcome glasgow guy.

« hello | Hi Newbie!! »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..