Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Retlaw

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2016, 15:03   #1

Halstead interest

Hi,

I joined the forum after an internet search came up with postings relating to Halsteads and Henheads, which is where my ancestors lived in the late 1600's (thread: http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ml#post1181212).

Now living in Derbyshire, interested in trying to get back further with my family history. Earliest known relative: William Halstead of Henheads, married Alice Holt in Feb 1669, died Feb 1693.

John
Johnlayreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2016, 15:54   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Halstead interest

Welcome to the forum John. Good luck with your research.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 19:50   #3
Senior Member+

Look on the Lancashire Family History Society's website home page. See the turquoise box and click onto it to see if any members are interested in Halsteads/ If so, you can email them.
Ask Accrington library ([email protected]) to check the parish registers for Church Kirk church
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 21:16   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Look on the Lancashire Family History Society's website home page. See the turquoise box and click onto it to see if any members are interested in Halsteads/ If so, you can email them.
Ask Accrington library ([email protected]) to check the parish registers for Church Kirk church
Oy Dobbo if tha looks properly at his post thal see they've getten back tit 1600's fost un as I can find at Ch Kirk is 1749.
A were bashing all the parish regs into a database for Jack Broderick oer 30 years ago, an since then ave seen lods o claims as tu how far back folk ave traced theur ancestors an a large % stumbled when they changed calender from Easter to January, I reckon if them as ses they've getten back any further than mid 1700, there bigger liars than thee an me, an tha con tell sum good uns.
Before 1600's very few folk had a surname, an King wur gedding fed up wi the ammounts coming back in taxes, so to sort things out he decreed evry body had to have a surname. some picked wher th lived, others took name of their trade an then you've got the sons of, one ot best I found was William Zitherater.
Bob Dobson likes this.

Last edited by Retlaw; 12-11-2016 at 21:22.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 20:21   #5
Senior Member+

ow do and welcome John.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote

« Hello | Noob »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..