Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2004, 08:29   #1
Senior Member+

Hello all

Hello everyone,
Came across your site whilst looking for something else,
As my name says I am from glasgow and I moved down here about 2 years ago from Glasgow after meeting my now wife who herself is from Clayton, she was working up there - she ever got homesick , we would move down here - So here we are - she's back home and happy, we have good jobs, the house, blah , blah, blah..etc
Although I miss my home city now and again I do like Accrington because its very laid back and easy going with people who seem genuinely nice although I am not keen on your bitter - no offence !! but then again different folks- different strokes !!

Cheers.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2004, 08:31   #2
Roy
Administrator

hi glasgow guy! welcome to the forum............. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 08:42   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Hello Glasgow guy, I don't like our bitter either, much prefer strongbow. Welcome to accy web.
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 10:17   #4

hi glasgow guy. welcome to the forum you will soon find that we are a nice bunch. have fun!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 12:18   #5
mez
God Member

hi glasgow guy, welcome hope you enjoy this site, its a good one to be on ok
Old 19-01-2004, 14:03   #6
Senior Member+

Hi glasgow guy, good to have you with us.
Old 19-01-2004, 14:40   #7
Resting in Peace

hi
what part of Glasgow are you in ?
i have family in the maryhill area
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 17:33   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
hi
what part of Glasgow are you in ?
i have family in the maryhill area
maryhill !! I know parts of maryhill very well and I wouldnt leave my dog tied up outside the shops there !! lol
well I suppose someones got to live there - I am originally from the east end of glasgow ( Easterhouse) which makes Salford a desirable area to live in !!
I lived in East Kilbride for most of my adult days which is a lovely place to live in.
having family in Glasgow then you will have tried some lovely square sausage then ?? - cant beat it !!
Old 19-01-2004, 19:23   #9
Senior Member+

Welcome and a question would it be Celtic or Rangers then
Old 19-01-2004, 20:48   #10
Senior Member+

oh it has to be Rangers , I still have my season ticket and travel up every other saturday to watch them - they arent doing to good this season.
I have been to watch Accrington a few times as well which is a change from watching Rangers with 50,000 other fans !! - quite enjoyable really the difference, I have a few friends coming down next month to sample the delights of accrington and to watch the famous stanley !
Old 19-01-2004, 22:11   #11
Accy Goddess

Hello Glasgow Guy.
Welcome to Accyweb.
Sure you will enjoy the site.
We are all a friendly bunch.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2004, 01:42   #12

hi there,

have many friends over here from east Kilbride,guess you all want to get out of there! most over here live in Brampton
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2004, 07:43   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemo
hi there,

have many friends over here from east Kilbride,guess you all want to get out of there! most over here live in Brampton
when you say 'over here' I take it you mean america or somewhere outside britain, on the contrary as to getting out of there - people wait for years to get a council house in east kilbride (its a private landlord that owns it) so 90% of its house are all bought privately - its that 10% that are council owned that has the 6-7 year waiting list , some areas are very desirable and sought after.
I am from Long Calderwood & have relatives in St Leonards & Whitehills (for the next time you are talking to your friends from there)
The only reason I left (flew the nest) was because I met my now wife.
Old 21-01-2004, 16:01   #14
Senior Member+

Sorry to tell you then glasgow guy i am for Celtic but do not dislike me for it
Old 21-01-2004, 17:44   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik Dickinson
Sorry to tell you then glasgow guy i am for Celtic but do not dislike me for it
dont worry about it mik somebodys got to support them - we all have our faults - just some alot more than others...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..