Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2004, 10:55   #1
mac
I am Banned

Smile hello all

im mick. been out of the town with the army for 10 years. just returned. my brother introduced me to this web site this week a good site. im around town now dont realy know anyone so if you want a chat or anything mail me. need to meet new people or old friends. its good to be home.
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-03-2004, 11:08   #2
Senior Member+

Re: hello all

Hi mac, welcome to accyweb enjoy yourself, we are quite friendly but watch out for Tealeaf's dog GROWLER he'll have you if your not careful.
Old 20-03-2004, 12:07   #3
Accrington Web Mascot

Welcome Mac, where have you been with the Army?
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 14:19   #4
mac
I am Banned

Smile where ive been

in 94 i went to germany for 6 years. whilst in germany i was sent to bosnia for 6 months as u.n. scary stuff especialy for someone who is 18.

in 99 kosovo kicked off was sent there and was amongfst the first people into pristina the capital. people loved us then and were cheering us and kissing us it was good.

went to kosovo again in 2001 the locals hated us then cause they wanted us to leave.

in 2003 went to iraq. busy time too bloody hot saw some awful things but not as bad as bosnia.

thats me now settling back in good old accy. its grim up north but i love it.
Old 20-03-2004, 15:28   #5
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Welcome back Mac. You'll make loads of new friends on here, and we do meet for drinks from time to time, there's usually a post somewhere on the message boards saying when and where. Have a great time on here.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 16:29   #6

Welcome home mac and good luck for the future
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 16:53   #7
mez
God Member

hi mac welcome home & to accy web its a brill site we all help on here too, enjoy// good luck /
Old 20-03-2004, 17:29   #8
Accrington Web Mascot

Well then Mac, I just like to thank you for the service you've done for our country. You must have had some pretty scarey experiences (especially at that age). It must be very hard protecting people who do not want you around. I can see why you think coming back to Accy seems so good now! (Not that Accy is Bad - it's just that there is alot more out there)
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 17:54   #9
Senior Member+

Welcome home Mac;if you have more than a passing interest in the Beautiful Game you could do worse than drop in at the Crown before a Stanley match,you will be made most welcome.Make sure you visit the Stanley section of the forum too.
Old 20-03-2004, 18:47   #10

Hi Mac Do You Remeber Sum 1 Called Robert Eric Nicholson
Old 20-03-2004, 18:57   #11
mac
I am Banned

cheers for the reply. no i dont remember anyone by that name. why has he said something?
Old 20-03-2004, 18:59   #12
mac
I am Banned

thanks alot for the replies. i might pop into the crown before a match. havent watched stanley play for a while or been able to follow them so if i pop in i will contact you first. thanks again for all the replies.
Old 20-03-2004, 19:04   #13

No Its My Uncle You See And I Know He Went To Bosnia
Old 20-03-2004, 19:14   #14
mac
I am Banned

what rank was he and what cap badge. my sergeant major had that name.
Old 24-03-2004, 20:00   #15

Hi mac , welcome along, that army stuff sounds bad.

JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote

« oh hi there! | Hi »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..