Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2003, 18:59   #16
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Post Re: Hello Everone

lol Janet, I  never said we were sane,  :-*

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-12-2003, 08:21   #17
Senior Member+

Well, there i go again,  reading between the lines. [smiley=angel.gif]
Old 19-12-2003, 19:56   #18
Junior Member+

Thanks everyone for your welcomes, made my first visit back to Accy today, for what must be 13 years, people were brilliant as they always were, but hasn't the town centre changed ...... couldn't even find the Halifax BS at first ... ( remember it being on Blackburn road ), still it was great to be back..
redgps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2003, 21:51   #19

hi geoff  I have very strong connections with both bash and lancaster my older brother  as lived up there ever since he got married to a bash lass of course in fact he was the landlord of the dog and partridge pub for a while but that was a few years ago as regards the lancaster  connection my wifes sister and family live there up on abraham heights and the road leading up there from the lights in the city  centre is a disgrace everyone up there must have three cars thank god the traffic in accy is not like that
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2003, 00:19   #20

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Welcome Geoff from ossygobbin and happy new year
Old 31-12-2003, 09:21   #21
mez
God Member

hi geoff [smiley=ello.gif]hope you like the site its brill, not been on long myself, they certainley make you welcome,  ;D
Old 03-01-2004, 01:37   #22
Len
God Member

Welcome Geoff.

We are a boring lot, but we do are best.
And I have trouble spelling, as you will find out. lol
[smiley=Peace.gif]
:

Donate to Accyweb here:
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 19:54   #23
Junior Member+

Happy New Year Ossygobin and everyone. It's a great site, makes you feel very welcome.
Been to Accy twice now over the Christmas period, keep this up and I'll have to move back ...
Keith-- We used to go in the Dog and Partridge quite a lot, but my local was really the Alma Inn just lower down, didn't have as far to stagger....
Know what you mean about Lancaster and it's traffic all too well, only go into the city when I have to, we live at Bolton le Sands, and find it far easier to drive further up to Kendal than sit for ages in the choked up one way system in Lancaster.
Nice to meet everyone, and hope you all have a terrific year ahead.

Geoff..
Old 07-01-2004, 21:44   #24

geoff You must know my brother when he came out the pub went back to live next door to the house he lived in before going in the pub right facing the alma on birch terrace he is now living in a bungalow on grafton avenue his name jim keith
Old 08-01-2004, 22:51   #25
Junior Member+

Keith, now you've got me thinking, if your brother lived on Birch Terrace, then I must know him, because we lived opposite, just 4 doors down from the Alma on Manchester Road. We left Accrington in about 1986, I had to go down Lincolnshire with my work, would he have been there before that...
Old 10-01-2004, 21:21   #26

geoff My brother only moved from birch terrace two years ago to grafton ave so apart from the time he spent in the pub the dog and partridge he lived on birch terrace about thirty years maybe you knew his family his son Ian a bachelor lives round the corner on ashworth street julie his daughter now lives in blackburn but as a good job at the college within the globe at what was once platt saco lowell another daughter Janette died tragically of cancer at the early age twentynine Julie is divorced now but was married to abloke from bash if I remember rightly called phillip cooper whose parents ran some sort of printing firm and he played in a group along with his brother hope these fresh names ring a bell keith
Old 11-01-2004, 10:25   #27
Senior Member+

Hiya there enjoy yourself on the forum
Old 12-01-2004, 19:41   #28
Junior Member+

Thanks Mik, I'm already enjoying the friendlyness, typical Accringtonian. Makes me proud I was born and bred there.

Keith, now you've mentioned some names, I do have a vague memory of them. It was the name Phillip Cooper that jogged my memory. I seem to remember them forming their group, but it's 17 years approx since we left bash, and my memory ain't like it used to be.
I'm going to pop down to Accy again in Feb with the family, my daughter wants to see where we used to live, she was only 3 when we left, but is a true Accringtonian, born in Accy Victoria hospital.

Regards
Geoff.

« Mornin | hi ! »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..